GreaseSpot Cafe

american idol

excathedra

Ace! Gone!??!

I like Ace. He had some good stuff going, not the strongest voice, but a good performer with a good sound. His smile reminds me of my son's, so I guess I had the impression from the get go. Pretty consistent. The little hair bun though, that had to go so I guess Ace had to go with it.

DANG! This group is really fun to watch and they're getting better every week.

Excititor likes Rod! I do too. He sounds like Donald Duck, but I like him. Hey, for his age, he's holding up pretty well onstage, so it gives us old guys hope! He's got a snappy new pair of boo...I mean, a new wife, a child. What can I say? :)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kind of thinking it was getting close to the end for Ace, but I was SHOCKED to see Chris in the bottom three. :o

It's going to get harder and harder to see them go. They're all so good!

Still pulling for my man, Taylor, though. :wub:

Ellitot's the little engine that can.

DANG!

He owned that Hathaway song. Great sound. Excellent behavior. Great.

They need more time!! God bless the opera, but I want to hear more of these guys!!

The judges were on crank tonight. The audio when they spoke was bad - wonder if there was a sound problem in the studio?

All of this "that's Whitney's SONG dog" stuff is lame. Granted a song is identified with a singer who hsa a hit with it but....what's up - is there a rider in their contract with Fox, "Must Kiss Whitney Houston's a$$ at every opportunity?"

Pickler may suffer the Curse of the Hair from tonight. The hair - sort of an Ace Young bun, over the top. Bad omen.

Edited by socks

I've never seen the show, I have no idea if she can sing a lick and Lord knows I'm getting tired of seeing her picture in the paper here every stinkin' day, but she does look pretty good in this dress

normal_002.jpg

Where have I seen her before....???

Hmmmm.....

maralynpink.jpg

Edited by ChasUFarley

Elliot ruled last night!!!!!!!

Chris made me cry, though...even on the recap at the end!

Taylor looked and sounded constipated.

I didn't get to see Kat until the recap...and I wasn't impressed.

Paris didn't listen to advice and got too big for the song.

Kellie...just sad. She looked like she had come off an all-nighter...and sounded like she was still asleep.

I tell ya, though, I've never seen anybody come from barely even close to rule like Elliot has done! I spent another hour or so voting for him last night. I just can't say enough good about him!

Kat did okay. Paris did okay. Elliott did okay, but I seem to be the only one who thinks so. Maybe it was just the song for me, I dunno. I liked Kellie, but I always have...must be a southern thang. ;)

I thought Taylor and Chris kicked bu++, so, Cool, I think I might have cancelled out some of your votes last night. :blink:

I think Paris or Kellie are the next to go.

My completely-unscientific ranking of last night would be:

1. Chris

2. Elliott

3. Katherine

4. Paris

5. Taylor

6. Kellie

Like I said before, song choice will ultimately doom Kellie, and I think this is finally her week to go. If she'd watched the previous seasons of AI, she would have known that 'Unchained Melody' is one of Simon's favorite songs and that there was no way he would have ever liked her singing it.

(Oh, btw, Kellie and the other finalists are not free to just quit the whole Idol thing and start their careers in Nashville or anywhere else. The top 12 have to sign contracts with the show's production firm so the producers can cash in first on the publicity their show gave the contestants. Immediately after the show's end, all twelve finalists go out on tour as a group for several months--I saw the Ruben Studdard/Clay Aiken group concert with the ex that year.)

I tuned in late, so I only saw about half of Kelly's and all of Taylor and Chris's performances.

CW, you thought Taylor looked constipated. I agree--or maybe like the cops were hot on his trail and he was hearing their footsteps getting really close. I think he was thinking too much about looking into the right camera and not just "feeling it."

Chris was superb, and I agree, he is sexy (although my saying that puts me smack dab into the dirty old woman category!).

I only saw the short clip of Elliot, but it looked like he did great.

Kelly PickleSnickle [see Prof. PoopyPants thread], IMO, needs to go home next. She's a cute girl, but she's not up to par with some of the others.

Everyone's a critic, eh? Lord knows even if I could sing, I wouldn't have the persistence and guts to get on that show and face the three judges. I have to give all the contestants kudos for that. (Well, maybe not all. Some of those people need to have friends and family who love 'em enough to tell them to put down the microphone.)

Excie, they really seemed to be in a bad way. They ripped Katherine, for what? She gave a great performance of a great song and got dissed for daring to sing it. What a crock.

I like the balance Randy brings to the show, but he gets off on these tangents about songs being too sacred to touch. Geez.

One thing I like about Elliott that's kind of grown on me watching him each week - he's nervous, but excited about doing his thing. He's ready. Plus, he cried listening to Stevie Wonder at the piano. I can't get through half of "Isn't She Lovely" without getting a lump in my throat at how much music comes out of Wonder when he sings and plays. Elliott seems to have the heart for it.

KP's got to go. Gracefully, but gone. She's cute. But she's gotta go. It's difficult at this point because I'd rather have seen Ace a few more weeks, but somebody's going to be last every week.

Paris needs a night of her own. It would be interesting to hear what she can do.

This year answers a question for me - in the past I've wondered where the good singers are, it's like they don't show up for AI auditions. I used to watch At the Apollo Live every week on Saturdays and their "amateur hour" had people every week that would sing most of the past AI finalists into the ground. It was almost weird, AI gets all this tv time and dough but a small percentage of the talent you know is out there.

This year they've had a much better representation. At this point I'd rather they call it a draw, give Pickler an Honorary Finalist badge, and play the rest of the season out. But that ain't gonna happen. :)

Edited by socks

I agree something seemed up with Taylor. His pitch was off a few times in the beginning of the song. It wasn't his best night.

I thought Kathryn did a awesome job singing the song. It's weird how everyone wants to sing Whitney Houston's praises still. She is a has-been who needs to clean her act up. Dont get me wrong; WH was a great singer, but I don't put her up as high as Randy did. Kathryn was brave and did the song very well IMHO. She has HUGE talent with her voice. The judges responses to her were very disappointing and misjudged IMHO.

Edited by Wayfer Not

$10 says Ms. Pickler will be seen in Nashville soon...

...and I bet Paris is next to go... she's too... too.... too.... perky. Paris is so perky that she makes Katie Couric look as gloomy and *%^#*ed off as Hillary Clinton... Paris is like a little wind-up doll who sings, has a cute smile, and toddles off stage - whoo hoo. Yep, she shouldn't get too comfortable...

Chris totally rocks!!! :eusa_clap:

I think it's gonna be adios Kat or Paris tonight.

Kat's first song was awful. :(

Elliott continues to get better and better each week.

I still love Taylor.

Paris is cute, but she doesn't seem to connect with the audience at all....maybe it's that munchkin voice, Chas. :biglaugh:

yoga.gif

In the end I don't think it matters that much who wins or doesn't. Those who really have talent will have the same opportunity to make an impression and show their talent. They can still get a record deal. I bet Mandisa does.

I do like Elliott, and I LOVE Chris! I can't wait for Chris to record some songs!