GreaseSpot Cafe

Cat farts

Ron G.

animals get stressed and react with fear dont they?

a scratch or a bite.

can Rons cat read? why would 1-800-ped- med stress anyone out?

I didnt think the shed terminator would work but it did , worth a try to see what they have.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs ain't all that great when it comes to farting....our first "child" was Brandy, half yellow lab, half Irish setter, and he would hide behind the sofa during twig and go to sleep...Eventually, usually during prayer, an awful miasma would rise from behind the sofa, such that the folks sitting thereon would be surriptitiously peeking at each other, wondering who did it. Eventually the dog would emerge from his siesta and wander off, to everyone's relief. If the dog was awake when he passed gas, he would leap up with a started expression and twist around to examine his backside with an air of sheer astonishment.

Our sweet yellow lab now is scared to death of her own farts, and will suddenly leap up and run to another room in terror if she lets one fly. Oftentimes the rest of the room's occupants follow, but for an entirely different reason. :unsure:

WG

You know Ron,

If they odious aura doesn't subside soon I'd take kitty to a vet soon. My mother in law had a cat that started farting in it's old age. They took him to the vet and expected to get something to ease the aroma.

Instead the vet told them that TC (the cat) had cancer in the lower bowel and should be put to sleep.

So - try the acidophilus - cuz it really works (I crush a pill and mix it in with some food) - or try what they tell you about at that 1-800 number. But if there is no relief for you or kitty take it to the vet. My book says that cat farting indicates a problem - it maight be that she did eat a bad mouse, or some dog food that is insettling her stomach - it might more serious.

My cat seems to have gotten past her emission control problem. She's only 4 years old and she goes outside, runs around in the woods, and gets into all sorts of trouble. When she was only about a year old, she put her eye out with a 3 inch thorn from a wild plum tree when she was veing chased by coyotes..

She thanks you for all your attention and sez "Hey!".

Bird farts ehh? So what do they sound like?

... Squeeks?

:biglaugh:

They sound just like a normal fart. Loud enough to hear plainly when she's sitting on my shoulder (but not much further than that) and proceed the coming 'poop'. Cleo is good though and does her best to miss me when she poops and drops it over my shoulder onto my chair where I keep a towel or something to catch it on.

Bird farts ehh? So what do they sound like?

I had an African Grey parrot for awhile that didnt actually fart, but knew how to make the sound of a very loud human fart.

He was smart enough to wait for a moment of quiet and then would let it rip, then as people looked up from whatever they were doing in perplexed astonishment he would start to laugh...which would get people laughing and engaging him again....

I miss Alex he was a good bird.

Edited by mstar1

My cat seems to have gotten past her emission control problem. She's only 4 years old and she goes outside, runs around in the woods, and gets into all sorts of trouble. When she was only about a year old, she put her eye out with a 3 inch thorn from a wild plum tree when she was veing chased by coyotes..

She thanks you for all your attention and sez "Hey!".

Hey Ron... I think I've found the cause of your cat's problem... is that an egg carton in the picture? Keep that cat away from the eggs man!

Now don't be too quick to blame Ron's Cat - the actual source could be someone well acquainted in the deceptive art of Fartriloquism [the one breaking wind is able to throw their sound across the room to give the appearance that someone else has passed gas]. Not to be confused with A$$hole Projection - which is an Out-of-the-Bungh*le experience.