GreaseSpot Cafe

CABIN FEVER

templelady

Up North here it is cabin fever time. The days are longer, the body chemistry says "do something, anything, can't you see it is spring???" :dance: and the look out the window says, "not hardly" . <_< The rest of the body is going "Brain, STIFFLE, we aren't ready!". :sleep1:

The result = short tempers, and hasty words

Seems lately to have affected the cafe.

Maybe we all need to take a deep breath and rev back a notch, myself included.

Hi Mo

It's gorgeous here down south. And has been for awhile. Maybe it's time for a vacation? :dance: You're always welcome here.

But seriously, I understand having lived in Michigan for 13 years. Spring was always cold and disappointing and a long time coming. I always tried to plan a vacation over Spring Break to sunnier places on the globe.

Hang in there, friend.

Temple Lady,

Despite 50's and rain here in PA, I'm doing my best to keep a sunny attitude.

It was 73 last week, but that's typical for around here. Warm/Cold, Warm/Cold.

I love visiting GSC, but there aren't too many things you'll find me arguing about right now.

My life outside the cafe is challenging and sometimes very stressful. I just visit here for the fun of it and for learning. I could jump into some of the arguments. Others are way too deep for me.

But... it's just not my way.

Nothing like being outdoors in great weather to make one feel good again.

I'm hoping it warms up your way real fast. :)

BTW, do you also live in Mi? I'm a bit confused.

Now wait up - - just a cotton pickin' minute ex70'shouston!

If I feel like moving to Texas - - I'm gonna move to Texas! I don't have any rank "Yankee" ideas - - just because I live in Jersey.

Methinks thou'd best be careful of whom thou does malign. I would like to encourage you to think more highly of your elders.

Mo - - who says tempers are short?? [yuk yuk yuk]

Yeh..just returned from a 4 month stint in sunny southern Florida...to Indiana where its cool & windy...such a contrast as one day I'm just (as usual) roaming around in shorts and not even thinking "weather" & the next momnet I'm waiting for the wind to slow a bit & hopefully the t'meter to hit 60..so yeh..the cabin fever must be pretty "deep" for those of you who spent your winters inside looking out! Hurrrrrrry Sprrrring!!

but ex70's... MO's from ALASKA, she's not a yankee! Alaska is like 'TEXAS NORTH'!

NOT

WE have a saying here in the Great Land

If Texans don't behave themselves we'll cut Alaska in half and make Texas the third largest state! :dance: ( comes from the oil boom days when Texans dotted the landscape like mushrooms with "well back in Texas....)

Edited by templelady

Y'all Be careful there Mistah Strange, I be fixin to start a sawing with my saw, right up da' cen'er of ma' state I is I is :dance:

Go right ahead if'n you want to young lady (if you can find it through the snow and ice)... makes no difference to me! :biglaugh:

Texas... not a state... a state of mind...

Edited by Tom Strange

Ragradless, Mo, if'n you is a Yankee or not, I don't care.

You are still welcome to grace our humble state anytime! :dance:

And you can bring your saw, too. I got me some youpons in my front yard, that I'm convinced I'd be better off without. :spy:

rather intense aren't they???

Yaupon \Yau"pon\, n. (Bot.)

A shrub (Ilex Cassine) of the Holly family, native from

Virginia to Florida. The smooth elliptical leaves are used as

a substitute for tea, and were formerly used in preparing the

black drink of the Indians of North Carolina. Called also

South-sea tea [Written also yapon, youpon, and yupon.]

Seems this treat is reserved for you rebels :)