GreaseSpot Cafe

Check this out...

Chief Cornerstone

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dmiller, did you just change the meaning? :nono5:

To solve, or explain does not equal private opinion.

Well my point is how do you know what is going on now? you don't. You speculate from the past and and make statments like "history will repeat itself."

One reason why I post is I like to let you know. So I hope rather than putting me down for going ot fellowship you may listen to me about what is going on. How else would you know?

ricky, hearing what's going on would be a refreshing change. Being told it's raining when it's really pi$$ is something I, for one, am very used to and sick of. Amazing how complacent one can become when one is hearing the same drivel over and over.

I have doubts that anyone really knows what is going on. I've not read it here, or anywhere, yet.

Didja look at the links, David? At other places where the word and its variations are used? ;)

Here's a few highlights for ya:

Bob:

The section in Peter where "private interpretation" is used is more properly "one's own making known." The point is, the scriptures were not mens' ideas of God, it was the invisible God making known himself via the prophets of old.

It has nothing to do with interpretation of what they wrote.

Bullinger himself:

Thus, the words are brought into harmony with the scope, or subject of the whole passage; and we see how they refer to the origin and source of the prophetic Word, and not to its meaning or interpretation.

The Evan:

A simple word study of "interpretation" & "Interpret" shows what the above verses show: The interpretation belongs to God. And Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would teach us, lead us into all truth. Frankly, I'm amazed at his obliqueness in missing the glaringly obvious.
Edited by Belle

dmiller, did you just change the meaning? :nono5:

To solve, or explain does not equal private opinion.

If I explain dmiller's post, (as I am now),

I am perforce offering my opinion as to its contents and the MEANING

of said contents.

My opinion, by definition, is my OWN opinion

(unless I'm just parroting what vpw/someone said).

My opinion is therefore my own PERSONAL opinion,

or, to put it differently, my PRIVATE opinion.

I don't think dmiller went far afield on this one.

ricky, hearing what's going on would be a refreshing change. Being told it's raining when it's really pi$$ is something I, for one, am very used to and sick of. Amazing how complacent one can become when one is hearing the same drivel over and over.

I have doubts that anyone really knows what is going on. I've not read it here, or anywhere, yet.

I dunno, Shellon.

ricky made some claims and Georgio gave counter-examples from

PERSONAL TESTIMONY.

I suspect the PERSONAL TESTIMONY he gave is

"what's going on" in the incidents and locations he's mentioning.

There's still plenty of slander going on. My friend couldn't go to my very recent wedding because I'm SEED. I had no idea I was seed, so I'm glad it came up.

Rosie was a huge part of the problem. I wouldn't even consider visiting a fellowship as long as she's in charge. I know who and how she is. Real change comes at the top. But at this point they've had NOTHING but corrupt leaders in their entire history. Why would anyone want to stick around and fight for that. What's to fight for. The whole thing is built on a mountain of sin. Think about that for a minute: not one honest leader in 60 years!

As far as I can see, the kinder and gentler routine is more of a corporate decision than a spiritual one. if they could control and micro manage every aspect of people's lives and keep membership growing, they would. They HAD TO become kinder or they'd be in the toilet right now. Talk about fruit, TWI is so fruitful that membership has steadily diminished for 2 decades. Face it, look at TWi for what it is. We know the bad stuff, what's the good stuff again?

Looks like "what's going on" to me....

(Emphasis mine.)

Well not to change the subject on info at TWI but I did get to My space.com and was finally blocked along with John Richeson. Check this thread at My space. The Way International Question:

One of TWI members has a newbie who asked some honest questions about the book of Revelation.

April 29, 2006 posting.

from TWI believer

" Revelation is a very unique book as it is the only book in the bible that takes place in the future.

When did TWI start teaching that the Book of Revelation is the only book in the Bible that is future? What about Hebrews and the biggie THESSALONIANS.

well, for starters, that billy kid is an unlearned parrot of Way propaganda. "Lorna" was really giving to them! :biglaugh: i do not believe in the Trinity, so i agree with the answers given, again, not unique to The Way ONLY. But about Revelations, that book is pretty much "hands off". I dont think The Way teaches its the only book that takes place in the future, that kid dosnt know whats going in most of his posts...

then again im not up on the most RECENT teachings... :)

Socks said;

If you don't look too far into the future - how long is too far? A week? A year? It seems like an odd way to live - to not plan ahead.

Well, I lived that way in The Way from the age of 18 to the age of 34, and now with four kids, and all of life's expenses, I am still playing catch up. People in my chosen profession before I entered The Way are now retiring from healthy careers as U.S. Merchant Marines. One friend of mine from back in the hood has now retired as a Chief Engineer working for Sea Land Container Shipping, America's largest U.S. Flag shipping company. And to think that I was the one to inspire him to run off and join the Merchant Marines like I had done. Well, happy for him. He and his wife are building a retirement home in the Bahamas....

But I did become a pretty good window washer.... :wave:

well, for starters, that billy kid is an unlearned parrot of Way propaganda. "Lorna" was really giving to them! :biglaugh: i do not believe in the Trinity, so i agree with the answers given, again, not unique to The Way ONLY. But about Revelations, that book is pretty much "hands off". I dont think The Way teaches its the only book that takes place in the future, that kid dosnt know whats going in most of his posts...

then again im not up on the most RECENT teachings... :)

I doubt they teach that Chief but if they allow him not to be blocked. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: , he will be sure to make the "cult watchers" happy.

It's sad because he has great enthusiam but in the wrong place.

"Maybe he's a greasepot lurker."

they all are....most dont have the courage to post and have honest discussions on whats going on, past, present, future. then on myspace they ban people who ask honest questions, erase posts for being "negative", and so on. that is NOT a group i want to be apart of. be open, be honest, talk about it, and learn. move on. do not hide this hideous, ungodly behavior that happened, then act like it never happened.

for god's sake, if no communication can happen between affected parties, no healing can occur. its like they think the past does not affect the status of The Way right now. I am OVER the fact these MANY scandals occured. Whenever humans are involved, there WILL be sin. There WILL be mistakes. We WILL fall short of the glory of God. That is a PROMISE.

They think that the .... that went down should not happen in God's houshold, when the Word is over the World. Ya think? :blink: So if that kind of evil can happen in what should have been a "clean" household, it calls into question the authenticity of such claims. That is why they do not talk about the sins of the past in an open forum. Only until backed into a corner of lawsuits and public exposure do people learn about the REAL nature of supposed 'men and women of God'. A bunch of frauds in my opinion, who could NEVER live up to their own beliefs, and expected the rank and file to tow a line they COULD NEVER TOW. The reason they hated us going online was because for the most part, alot of what was there was TRUE. Why else would they be so scared of it? If they had nothing to fear, they wouldn't give two sh#ts about if a person checked them out online. but of course, things are just the opposite... <_<