GreaseSpot Cafe

Color me Beautiful

Dot Matrix

dot, i thought you said i am a "writer" (which you are )

but then i read sv's post and looked back up and realized

ha !

of course i remember that

i'm a summer, aren't i ? pastels are good on me

when i wear a certain white (i think creamy) i get compliments

Growing up I was allowed to wear only brown, navy and black because my mother thought I should hide my fat. One summer I was a speed freak....lost a whole lot of weight...got a gorgeous tan...and she let me wear certain yellows, pinks and whites.

Once I started buying my own clothes but was still living at home, I did the whole color thing and ended up being allowed salmons and powdery blue-grays.

Once I got totally away from my mother (2000 miles away) I started wearing BRIGHT colors with HUGE patterns (mostly florals) and reserved anything less BLINDING for things like funerals.

I still dress like this whenever possible...'cause I have a blast wearing these things.

Why should I care to do otherwise?

I honestly don't understand.

Remember the book? I loved it and still live by it.

I cannot find my dang book. But found links to the info.

Do you remember what you are?

I am a winter.

Nope, then again I always wear white otherwise I'd be a orangedove. Looks like I would be a summer but with the white winter snow I'd have guessed winter. Ok I'm a confused bird. Except for this! Dot, your beautiful no matter what color you are wearing.

Edited by WhiteDove

Never had the book, but in '85 or so someone from TWI did color analysis and grouped everybody by season. I'm a winter. Bergundy is/was my best color; orange is the color I'm to avoid. Still have my color packet.

Funny this should come up. One of my window cleaning accounts is a T shirt place. I come up there and lo and behold they have tie dyed T shirts on sale for $10.00 each. Turns out that somebody ordered a bunch of tie dye and then cancelled the order. Even though I like the Grateful Dead I had never bought a tie dyed shirt until now. It's blue, green, and yellow. I just liked the color scheme. AND...I actually got compliments for it. I do NOT get compliments for clothes. What's funny to me is that the color analysis I got from TWI just did individual colors and whether they blended with skin tones; nothing about multiple colors. I dunno.

Have the book, have the swatches, the make up....etc......I am an Autumn...love that Olive green.. My eyes are Hazel green which my daughter wishes she had.....Autumn is my favorite time of year, love to jump and play in the leaves and kick them around, Full moons and crisp nights around a fire. Apple picking......Have to stop now cause it is Spring and I need to enjoy this moment to. :wink2:

I'm a summer. :)

I can't remember the name of the lady who first started this and wrote the book on it, but she came to speak at Miss. State one year while my mother was working with the Program Advisor. We had her over for dinner the night before her appearance. She was a very nice and kind lady.

I was so disappointed in being a summer because I hated pastels and wanted so badly to be a winter with the bold, bright colors. Now I have migrated to pastels without even realizing it. :biglaugh:

I remember it too. Never had it done though, but always wished I had.

Johniam, I'm not a grateful dead fan, so what do they have to do with tie dyed tee shirts? (Just wondering) I remember tie dying tees when I was a teen and I still own a couple shirts.

gc

Edited by gc

Never had the book, but in '85 or so someone from TWI did color analysis and grouped everybody by season.

Does anybody know why TWI endorsed this so much? I remember hearing a lot about the Corps and staff "having their colors done", and wondering why this was so emphasized. Seemed like a passing yuppie fad to me.

BTW, my colors are "what's on sale". :biglaugh:

Orange Dove --- LOL

Exxie you were/are a spring.

Belle - Carol Jackson

Joniam - how refreshing to know a man who knows

Everyone - I still think of these colors while shopping, and apparently a lot of you do as well. They really helped me with color. I loved the eggshell yellow, but when I wore it people offered me vitamins.

When I switched to icy pastels ans pure whites I got compliments.

I have a girl in the office who wears all the wrong colors, I sent her the info after we had a "color" talk. She is now in orange and looking great -- she is a warm pallet. Up until now she wore black to look "thin".

Kelvar -- I recall a corps class on clor etc. What was its name?

Edit for typo (I am not a good typist)

Edited by Dot Matrix

oh how cool, Dot

...long time to see, btw :spy:

i have studied the heck out of "Color for Men" in years past (same author, I recall)

and am a "dramatic summer"

cracks people up at times how a straight mostly withdrawn guy like me can walk into a clothing store and suddenly get all "queer eye"

i have family and friends who ask me advice now

but then it gets "worse" considering my work in the arts, decorative arts and healing arts...and the way different seasons and combinations of colors affect us

not that i take it all too seriously, but i sure do like to have fun with the possibilities

loved the eggshell yellow, but when I wore it people offered me vitamins.
LOL

Ca dreaming

In the book who can wear maroon? I do not recall.

Sirguess, it really does help people to look their best, huh?

Everyone

How do you know if the person is a spring or an Autumn this one girl has me stumped, I think she is a spring but she is a cornflower blue eyed brunett, no freckles. Real white skin with a natural blush but she can wear the heavier warms like dark green....

quote: Johniam, I'm not a grateful dead fan, so what do they have to do with tie dyed tee shirts?

Many Grateful Dead T shirts have a lot of tie dye in them. Just after Jerry G died there was a movie called "Tie Dyed" all about the group's fans.

quote: Joniam - how refreshing to know a man who knows

Believe me, I need all the help I can get.