GreaseSpot Cafe

The Pocketbook has felt the pinch....

Catcup

I only have enough time to tell you this and scoot out because I am in the midst of finals, but here is the "latest" information I have on what's going on at HQ. Maybe someone else still in can confirm. I can't, but have it on fairly good authority:

At a recent STS at TWI, a teacher supposedly (and I don't know who) stood at the auditorium podium and taught about forgiveness and said they all should apologize for how some of US who have left the ministry have been treated by THEM. Supposedly this person brought everyone in the auditorium to tears with his teaching. This resulted in an "innie" family member contacting an "outie" family member and relating the whys and wherefores of his unusual warmup after being previously so cold.

My own personal take? Their coffers are getting dusty.

Also noted:

Apparently it is the basic Way follower who is doing the apologizing for their OWN behavior toward their friends and family former members, NOT The Way International itself. That of course, absolves TWI of any legal liability, since their followers are apologizing for their own behavior and the institution itself isn't making the apology. If they did that, they'd be admitting guilt and liability. What better way to solve all their problems than to lay the responsibility AND the blame on their followers and have THEM clean up the mess they made of people's lives.

How conVEEEEEEEEEEEENient......

The Way International itself AND it's board of trustees need to publicly and in writing admit to their own culpability in promulgating a devilish and destructive doctrine which encouraged their followers on pain of excommunication to end relationships, end marriages, and in some cases end their lives.

Hell will freeze over before that happens because it will be the death knell of the organization.

Please forgive me if this subject has already been brought up and discussed to death.... don't have time to check to see what is current anymore. At least this is what I just found out and you've at least got MY opinion on it....

Edited by Catcup

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadn't heard about it. Thanks, Catcup. :) Good luck on finals! I know you'll kick butt. :eusa_clap:

I hope to hear from some of the innies I still have contact with to verify this and, hopefully, get more information.

Edited by Belle

Quote by Catcup:

"My own personal take? Their coffers are getting dusty."

I'm sure they are. And I think that's what the whole teaching boils down to. The BOT of The Way International need to step up to the plate. They need to do a public apology for all the wrongs of The Way. Then they need to "believe God" that they won't get sued over it. Obvioulsy God's ministry would be protected if they did everything according to the Word.....lordy!

Edited by Wayfer Not

At a recent STS at TWI, a teacher supposedly (and I don't know who) stood at the auditorium podium and taught about forgiveness and said they all should apologize for how some of US who have left the ministry have been treated by THEM.

Time for a *Pity Party*! (And twi won't foot the bill).

How ironic. :realmad:

According to thier anual reports submitted to the Arizona Corporate Commission, TWI's balance sheet has not changed much in the last three years. It remains right around the 50 million mark. If there is a money crunch, is has been in the last 6 months or so. Too bad we can't see what TWI's actual ABS income is.

TWI generates revenue from 2 basic sources. Interest income on investments and donations (ABS).

ABS is undoubtedly the financial life-blood if TWI. 2000 people giving only $100 per month amounts to about $2.4 million in income per year. 2000 people giving $200 per month is twice that or about 5 million.

Interest income on $25 million ( asuming a nice 8 percent interest rate) amounts to about 2 million. Less than even the most conservative estimate of ABS

When and if ABS ever becomes less than interest income, TWI will really begin to feel the crunch. They will have to make some hard financial decisions. Reduce staff, sell property, etc. OR ....they could go all out and actually try to recruit some new mullets... er followers. (which is not likely to happen)

Maybe they are at that point now. Maybe they see it coming in the future ... we can only speculate.

Apologies? TWI as an organization will never apologize. The BOD, past and present will never apologize.

Even if they did, I doubt that it would make a difference as far as getting anyone to return, especially in the face of declining numbers and revenue.

As for me, I would buy an apology from TWI about like I would buy one from Robert Tilton or Jimmy Swaggert.

Pure speculation on my part: perhaps someone (the IRS? their lawyers?) is noticing that they are carrying over a HUGE balance from year to year compared to the low numbers in followers and the paucity of services provided. This is a big no-no for a tax-exempt organization, because even though it is okay to be fiscally sound, the whole purpose of giving an organization tax breaks is so that it can put more resources toward its educational or charitable purpose. A tax-exempt corporation is not supposed to be amassing large amounts of money that benefit only a few.

So what's the fastest way to increase their numbers? Simple: convince former followers to return. The dilemma: if they say "we're sorry we hurt you," they may be legally liable. So they need to get the innies to apologize to the outies themselves, bypassing culpability by TWI.

'Course, it's hard getting around that the reason people were marked and avoided was because the presidents of The Way International recommended that they be marked and avoided. And the reason some children were abused or neglected was because TWI either taught or encouraged the abuse, and because they supported the perpetrators.

So innies, please apologize for following the doctrine and practice of TWI... then get out.

Regards,

Shaz

Even if they made a public apology, I wouldn't get involved with the Way International ever again or until Hell freezes over or until the Chicago Cubs get on a Real Winnning streak, whichever comes first, and that'll not happen so I wouldn't have to worry ... it was nothing but one BIG clique anyway the same kind I went to High School with in my home town ... maybe I'd go to the Rock in drag ... ha, ah....what a rush!!!

I agree with catcup The TWI leadership and the BOT and the BOD needs to stand up and admit what they have done.

Will it ever happen??? I myself can't really say. They haven't ever admitted doing anything wrong yet. Basically it's the ones who they confronetd that are in the wrong and not them. But it will never happen.

Everyone in charge at TWI have been raking in BIG saleries and making sure those who are left keep thier ABS rolling in. As far as getting new members, there is too much information against TWI to have them get many suckers, OOOOOPPPPPPPPsssss, i mean followers. And the new people that do come in may find out how TWI operates fairly quickly.

As far as me ever going back................only if RR and all the top leaders and the BOD and the BOT closes TWI down, divides the money thats left and the money they 'SUPPOSIDLY' earned and is in all the bank accounts back to all the people that has ever sent in ABS and made donations. Then giving the land and ALL of the buildings back to the Wierwille relatives along with the TWI name so the Wierwille survivors can keep the ones running TWI now from ever starting it up again.

That's the only way I would go back, to help celebrate TWI closing for good and never ever starting back up.

Sounds like this is another aknowledgement of the impact of the GSC...

...If twi wants it current members to apologize to us...forget it! They are the current victims, as we were in the past...I want to hear it from Rosie...from the organization itself!...or it's totally meaningless.

...yes, I'd accept an apology from twi...but I would NEVER consider associating myself with them again. They, long ago, lost all credibility with me.

If this a scheme to get people back for financial reasons, it is sure to backfire in their faces. In recent months there has been a large number of new comers at the GSC...folks who just left twi...glad they are here...but I imagine twi is concerned about this....perhaps this is a response to the situation they are dealing with.

In any case...I think this is an example of "grasping at straws"...they are hurting badly and are getting desperate.

Ummmm! I started a new thread for consideration. I see alto of sarcasm here. If what is said by Catcup is true, many lives will be touched and healed by loved ones that are still "in". This in itself would be a good thing and even though leadership did not officially apologize, it's a starting point in the healing process.

I think we have to cut some slack here so you don't thwart possible reconnections by those that have shunned their families. At least if the believers that are still in do this, it will certainly solidify for them that TWI has made huge mistakes. That in itself is a big step in the right direction.

The results may be just what TWI needs to make a more formal announcement or at least personal contacts. As for any lawsuits, that should not happen. If the olive branch is being extended the least one can do is accept it. Those within the walls of TWI are probably hurting as much as some of us here.

In addition, as to $'s. The money for ABS was given by most of you from the heart. God is still the searcher of all hearts and if you truly gave in that manner, he has and will continue to bless you. God is your sufficiency not man. I also gave for 29 years. I did not give to the TWI ministry, I gave to God. There is no way that he could have blessed me more than he has, either in or out. I still see the results day to day. So maybe a little change of heart is in order here and if it happens it may be time to move on to better interactive conversations. BTW, you don't HAVE to accept an apology but at least they would have done the right thing. JMO

:cryhug_1_::love3:

If my former HFCand LC called to apologise, it would not be healing. It would probably not be all that big of an apology--more on the lines of 'put the past behind' etc, now you can come back to the greatest household yadayada..

There was never just one incident. There were years of suspicion, fingerpointing, searching for reasons to accuse, searching for faults to holdup to leadership to puff themslvs up (we're sooo spiritual, lookee hereat how wicked these believers are.) There was no friendship.No apology will change that. Ugly men with ugly hearts, plastering a forced apology over that won't change it.

TWI needs deeper change--in leadership structure, in church government. They need to quit playing the "I'm your spiritual overseer' game.

They use the Word to get what they want out of people.

A big-wig in my area has recently had contact with some ex-ers and he's taken the occasion to apologize. They feel he was sincere. But, I'm not aware that he's sought out these interactions, which speaks volumes to me. And he certainly hasn't called me to apologize... I would definately accept an honest apology, but not without making sure he knew exactly what the consequences of his actions were in my life. (my tail-tucked-between-my-legs days are long gone!!)

As far as ever rejoining their ranks... HAH!!

Ummmm! I started a new thread for consideration. I see a lot of sarcasm here. If what is said by Catcup is true, many lives will be touched and healed by loved ones that are still "in". This in itself would be a good thing and even though leadership did not officially apologize, it's a starting point in the healing process.

In addition, as to $'s. The money for ABS was given by most of you from the heart. God is still the searcher of all hearts and if you truly gave in that manner, he has and will continue to bless you. ... So maybe a little change of heart is in order here and if it happens it may be time to move on to better interactive conversations. BTW, you don't HAVE to accept an apology but at least they would have done the right thing. JMO

I brought up the point about accepting the apology if they included a big check. That wasn't really sarcasm, except to the extent I don't believe they'll ever do that. But anything less than that would seem insincere and purely motivated by their own self interests. I don't think such bluster does anything for the "healing process." It just extends the fraud.

My pure heart in giving ABS has nothing to do with their impure heart in taking. They took under false pretenses. An insincere apology with no retribution is not doing the right thing, it is just another phony maneuver. They can give the extra $50 million to whatever charity or cause or exwayfers they want ... that will be their ABS back to those they defrauded (and defrocked). Then God can bless them for their "giving" ... and if they really have a ministry ... God will see to it they prosper.

Let's put the glove on the other foot this time, if it fits. How many needy WOWs were told ABS was the key to their prosperity? This is TWI's turn to really get blessed and be spiritual by using that law of giving and receiving. It works for saint and sinner alike.

I have no connections to the way, so that is easy for me to say, but I don't see how a phony apology helps. If current leaders are apologetic great, why are they still perpetuating the thing?

Edited by rhino

TWI deserves the sarcasm (if that is what it is). If the leaders send the folowers out to unofficially "apologize" in an attempt to increase the ranks and therefore the ABS -- I see no good thing in that. It would be pure manipulation.

Reconnections are up to the individuals themselves. If someone is shunning family and friends then they have the power to reach out and reconnect if possible --regardless of any kind of order or encouragment from leadership to "apologize."

If TWI/BOD are waiting for test results of an unofficial apology blitz by the lower ranks before a formal apologies or personal contact is made -- then they are missing the boat. The BOD and other ltop eaders should "lead" by example, not have followers test the waters for them.

Extending the olive branch is a gesture of peace. That TWI would want folks to quit warring againt them is obvious. All of the exposes and truth telling has taken a toll on thire numbers. However, if that gesture is to be considered credible, then TWI must do much more than have their followers offer apologies.

While many did give ABS from the heart, believing that it went to God, others gave out of pressure and fear. Pressure an fear put upon them by TWI. Yet the fact remains that the money was collected by The Way International Incorporated, and much of it was used to support people and doctrines that did more harm than good. I don't think God really got a whole lot of that ABS. While I may have been blessed by the act of giving, others were harmed by supporting a corrupt organization.

If an olive branch is being extended, check it carefully before taking it. The tree has not born much (if any) good fruit in quite some time.

I don't think such bluster does anything for the "healing process." It just extends the fraud.

I agree.

In my opinion, all this will do is attract people who are not thinking back into the same organization that sucked them dry to begin with. There is no redeeming the organization itself. It was wrong from the beginning, and should be relegated to the scrap heap of history along with other evil institutions and their rationalizations.

Trying to rehab The Way International because of "a few good folks still in there" and "all the good things we learned" and "all the good things that happened" is like trying to rehabilitate the institution of slavery because there were a few good Massas, and you know, so many of dem darkies really was happy. We know dat because dey all sang so much o de time-- and after all, Aunt Sally, the Missus is de one dat larned her how to make dem good biscuits...

Dangerous myths based on false premises. One more evil and destructive institution which should be forever abolished. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

This is just another sign of their illness. They don't look at how they can change to attract people. They're hoping that just by saying they're sorry, that people will flock back to them. It reminds me of an abusive marriage relationship where the abuser thinks he or she is still loved by their victim just as long as they apologize and give the victim gifts or whatever - but then continues to slug them every time they loose their temper.

Did they consider banishing the M&A or debt policy?

Are they going to apologize and accept homosexuals? (I didn't say accept homosexuality - there is a difference.)

Are they considering changing their leadership structure or personnel?

HECK NO!

Business as usual.

Sorry.

You know... they SHOULD be grieved at how they treated their fellow Christians....they should be down on their knees before God begging his forgivness first ...and desperatly seeking forgivness and eagerly providing any restitution possible...even if it bankrupted them....to those who`s trust and lives they have betrayed.

THAT is what a genuine Christian would do. But hey, if they were genuine Christians instead of just wannabees to begin with.....they never could have committed these atrocities in the first place.

The arrogance of their biblical knowledge tells them differently though....that knowledge has been the excuse utilized to permit the atrocities suffered at the hands of these wolves.

They threw out all of the genuine Christians in twi YEARS ago because they were incapatible with the darkness in which the leaders abided.

I agree with catcup, the motives of the extended apologies from the hardened jaded folks are to be viewed with the deepest of suspicion.

Edited by rascal

Obviously the FCs, BCs, and LCs can't apologize for any wrongs other than what they did personally. For them to apologize for what LCM did would be laughable IMHO.

The only thing I ever heard along those lines what when H Platig said in a staff meetng that they don't condone adultery. That was the first time I had ever heard any opinion in that manner in my 20 years in. And then, it wasn't an apology. I think it was just for covering their arses.

Pure speculation on my part: perhaps someone (the IRS? their lawyers?) is noticing that they are carrying over a HUGE balance from year to year compared to the low numbers in followers and the paucity of services provided. This is a big no-no for a tax-exempt organization, because even though it is okay to be fiscally sound, the whole purpose of giving an organization tax breaks is so that it can put more resources toward its educational or charitable purpose. A tax-exempt corporation is not supposed to be amassing large amounts of money that benefit only a few.

I hope someone's coming down on them HARD!! I hope it's yet one more brick crumbling out from under them and getting us one step closer to turning the lights off that insidius place.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Rascal, your post was right on!! 100% on the money!!