GreaseSpot Cafe

My God!! WHAT HAPPENED?

Sunnyfla

I was 4 when my parents divorced. I quess my mom thought it was best for us when she married an alcoholic who enjoyed bullying her, slapping, ridiculed,and disrespected her. He didn't want me there either, so he made my life a living hell by forceing me to eat hot sauce , and horse radish sauce in my food. If I didn't eat it, I would get the stick where ever he felt like hitting at his fit of rage. He did all kinds of stuff while my mom was at work from 3-11pm.

One day, my father came to pick me up for a weekend visit in L.A. and while he was driving on the highway, he noticed the marks on my hands from a beating I had the night before. I had marks all over my back as well. Needless to say, he made a uturn right on the Pamona freeway and went back to the house, punched Bill in the face and told my mom that I was going to live with him :eusa_clap:

I had a great life with him. I was VERY involved in softball and my father was so supportive of me.

I lived in a rough area in L.A. and had to defend myself as needed. I guess I got pretty tough. No one was going to push me around!

Friday, Jan 28th 1978. My father died of a heart attack while taking me to dinner. We were in the car together. He was only 58. It was a freightening experience! I was 13 at that time. I had to return to the abusive household I came from. It was ok for about 1 month, then all hell let loose. Bill raised his hand to me and I went bolistic. He never did that again, but life there wasn't good for me at all.

I was finishing the 7th grade and made some good friends. One girl in particular was a Christian and used to talk about God a lot. I was very curious. I knew there had to be more to life than what was being handed to me.

Bill (my step father) had four children with his 1st marriage. Mike being the youngest was the coolest and cutest guy I've ever seen. He actually protected me a lot when he used to live with us when I was 5. He ended up leaving to live with his mother because Bill was so abusive to him as well. He ended up in the Army, then

returned to San diego in 1979.

We hadn't talked to each other since I was 5, now I'm 14, he was 22 :blink: He really liked me, he asked my mom if he could get me away from his father and marry me. Of course, once again she gave me up. We got married just 2 weeks shy of my seventeenth b-day. Even though I didn't love him the way a wife should love her husband, I respected the fact that he took me in to basically finish raising me. He did love me very much, but I knew I was still missing something in my life.

Ok.. It's 1983.. I'm 19 now, not too happy in my marriage. I thought I would get on a softball team. I was the youngest on the team and I came in right before the end of the season. We ended up doing really well. I played short stop. We were at our coaches house for the victory party. There was pot, and beer being passed around. I did smoke back then and there I was in the middle of a big hit.... The girl sitting kind of behind me, Joyceann, who played second base, I asked her what kind of work she did, she told me" I teach people about God" I was quite surprised at her answer and coughed the smoke in her face, then graciously turned away from her. She started to talked to someone else about the youth fellowship she ran. I guess everyone knew what she did, and someone had asked her about it. I listened entently, then began to asked questions. Next thing I knew, she was at my house inviting me to a trig fellowship.

PFAL 1983...

Advances Class 1985...

1st ROA 1986... What a MESS that was!!!!! As many of you may remember.

Divorced 1987...

Partied for about a year.... strenghtened up, moved to Nevada. I became a Black Jack Dealer. I lived with my oldest sister at that time to get back on my feet. I decided to get back in the ministry. Moved in with 9th Corps couple ( I think, it was either 7, 8 or 9th) Anyway, they were great people. They helped me get ready to go WOW.

1988-89 WOW in Bellefontain OH, terrible year

1990 entered the Way Corps

1991 Gunnison... GREAT YEAR!!!!

1992 Staff at HQ's... Found out Craigs secret :nono5: He didn't want me to expose him, so I was kicked out.

Was told to relocate in Maryland, told them to go to hell,..... I'm heading to Florida :dance:

2006...I'm now 41, married for 12 years. We have 2 children 8 and 9. I'm a Respiratory Therapist since 1993. We own an Auto Body Shop, just payed our house off last month, and we go to an excellent church.

You see, all I ever wanted was to be loved and to have a family. I thought The Way was that, but in turn I got caught up in a horrible cult :realmad:

My story was cut short here, there was so much more. It would take me a few days to write it all down. But, you've got the gist of things. It may look like I didn't go through much pain, but it was very painful!!!

I know many of you got it a lot worse!! And I'm so sorry for that :cryhug_1_: I'm so glad I got out when I did. The mid 90's was a horrible experience for many of you. Here's my extended hugs to ALL of you :cryhug_1_:

I always thank God for getting me out and giving me a new life that I WAS SUPPOSED TO LIVE :love3:

Frances :)

Edited by Sunnyfla

Girl, you're the best. God is that light at the end of all tunnels, valleys and pits, and He pulls us out and loves us unconditionally. I am sure glad we can have Him, especially when our own parents can be the worst. I am sorry for your pain, and loss, and struggles..........

((((hugs)))) :cryhug_1_:

(((((Sunny)))))

Thank you for sharing! What a strong, courageous woman you are. :eusa_clap: I hope you pat yourself on the back often. :)

What an awesome life you must have now and it's only going to get better and better, I'm sure. :knuddel:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Penquin,

Do we know each other?

It wasn't the Advanced Class. It was something that was going on for the weekend and anyone who wanted

to come to HQ could attend. Like the towns people etc... I was in charge of the snack shop and was

preparing for at least 2,000 people to attend. They couldn't take a chance with me blowing it for

them I guess. They also didn't want me around the Corps just in case I leaked out what I knew about Craig.

..................My story was cut short here, there was so much more. It would take me a few days to write it all down. But, you've got the gist of things. It may look like I didn't go through much pain, but it was very painful!!!

Frances :)

Gosh Frances!! I felt the pain reading your story. Dittos to all the responses above...and I applause you too!!!!!

And I rejoice that you have a Sunny life now and can enjoy with fullness of joy those sunny beaches.

Thanks for your heart and for sharing...

ILB

"I always thank God for getting me out and giving me a new life that I WAS SUPPOSED TO LIVE " Frances :)

I am so thankful that you are at this place in your life now. God is good, God is GREAT. He is so much better than twi ever taught us that HE was!!!

Thanks for putting your life in writing. I know it could not have been easy. :eusa_clap:

Hey Radar, :wave:

I didn't know they put someone like that in charge of the snack shop. I feel bad for the crew. They were a great bunch! :)

act2 and I Love Bagpipes, Thank you for your kind replies :love3:

I read your story Frances. Thanks for sharing it. Glad your Dad socked that creep. What a jerk. Your Dad sounds like he was a righteous dude though. Glad to hear you are doing good now. Carry on sister.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti