GreaseSpot Cafe

Murder in Sidney

outofdafog

Last Friday going into Sat, in the wee hours of the night, my 16 year old daughter's boss was murdered. In Sidney Ohio it is freaky just to hear yourself say something like this. We are all in shock, and the worst part is the murder was very brutal. And, detectives don't seem to have any real solid leads - although the word all over town is that the usual suspects are not suspects, but they presume that it was someone she knew, not a random act of violence.

Last night there was apparently, a home invasion, where the homeowner was physically assaulted and two shots were fired (not clear on who fired the shots). Now at least to me it seems that this is a lot of news for little old Sidney to take in at what time. Today should be interesting when the newspaper comes out, because about two weeks ago another man was stabbed in his home. Not fatal. Now they don't link the first stabbing with the second in any way, but now we have this third.

So if you could please keep my daughter in your prayers and our town.........the funeral is Friday and all the teenagers that worked for her are going to be there. All the kids loved her at work and are very very sad. They called her MaMa Mindy. It has been a very sad week here in our town. It will be pretty traumatic for some of these kids. My daughter adored and loved working there because of her. She will be missed.

Yep we made the news in Dayton 3 times in 10 days with a violent crime. This is highly unusual. I mean we get our share of drugs, drug related petty crimes, and domestic violence.

Thank you for all of your kind words - it is nice to have a place to feel safe to share.

They don't think it was a past employee - someone maybe closer. Although they say they have not ruled anything out. Rumor is rampant and theories and speculations abound. They are waiting for the Montgomery County Coroner to release his report.

The main thing I notice with my daughter the past couple of nights is her restlessness and unable to sleep. Can't even imagine what must be going through her mind. She is sleeping now early in the evening because she doesn't sleep at night. I have to keep the door to my room open and she finds it difficult to stay alone while I work. She has had to work since then and the entire place is just bummed. But we are working through it. She wants to be by mom all the time. I like that though :love3: I feel the same way, I want to have her with me at all times.

Edited by outofdafog

Foggie, I'm so sorry this has happened in Sidney and to someone close to your daughter.

I liked visiting Sidney when I lived in NK. Sad to think of all these crimes happening there.

Praying for your safety, for you and your daughter and the good folks of Sidney to find peace, and that the authorities find the murderer quickly.

Well my daughter and I went to the viewing tonight. Closed casket. Very tragic for the grown children she had left behind - they are still in shock especially that the police don't tell them anything. The oldest daughter looked like she would break down at any second. Nothing new on the case. The cops are holding it very close to the vest.

Especially tragic is her oldest son Matthew who found his mother inside her home that morning, when Perkins asked him to go and try to get ahold of his mother because she was supposed to be in at 9 am sat morning. He made the 911 call and you can google if you would want to hear it. But some people in town are saying that the police suspect him but I just ain't seeing that. Funny but about this time you could see some folks talking in little groups and I asked my daughter what they were talking about. My 16 year old said that as far as she was concerned that they were gossiping and she didn't think that was the proper place to do it. (You know, our kids just grow up one day and become so smart and we become so proud)

Anyhow, I was able to share with him and his fiance who is pregnant with Mindi's first grandchild. I told them about a time 3 weeks ago that I had had a really neat conversation with their mom. My daughter had sliced her finger at work requiring stitches and Mindi took care of her till she got to the hospital. I took over at the hospital and then we went back to Perkins to sign her out of the shift and sign any papers for workman's comp. I noticed at that time that all the kids called her MaMa Mindi. She was a stern "mama" when she had to be, but she could be very forgiving of the kids when they made their mistakes and she just had a great rapport with the kids. The kids respected her, you could tell. They knew how far they could push it with her too.

Anyways, what I told the children about was the last conversation I had with their mom. She told me that she was at a point in life where she was thrilled to have all her grown children around and how much she looked forward to the next few years of grandchildren. They had helped her to get away from a very abusive husband and they wanted their mom with them. I wanted to make some kind of statement to them that no matter what, she was thrilled to think of the future with her children and grandchildren.

The pregnant little gal cried and hugged me and said that they were so thankful that I shared that with them. I guess I wanted them to know how important they were to their mom. I hope I said the right thing to express that. They appeared to be really blessed to know that. Like a special memory to bring out some day and think about during their greiving.................

how devastating i'm really so sorry

where is the abusive husband these days ?

how dare they gossip about her son who was called to go check on her

i'm really really sorry

we had a murder suicide near here a couple days ago which sent the towns reeling because it is so unusual