GreaseSpot Cafe

Two Years

Belle

Six years ago I found out that TWI was rotten to the very core and that the corruption and evil went so much further than even my wildest imagination could dream.

Six years ago I started trying to extricate myself and my husband from the claws of TWI.

Two years ago Bob & Dottie Moynihan drove to Orlando to confront me about sending Chris's excellent research on debt to a friend at HQ who desperately wanted to quit working on staff and go to college.

Two years ago I was "allowed" to take a break from attending TWI functions.

Two years ago I found myself in a Florida courtroom standing before a judge telling him that counselling would not help my marriage and that yes, we did want a divorce.

In the past six years I've met some of the most wonderful people and made the greatest friends a gal could ask for here in the cafe. I've cried on so many shoulders, really worked more scriptures than I ever did while in TWI and received so many wise words, encouragement, reassurances and love. (I've also gone through quite a few names on here)

In the past two years I've regained my strength, regained my health, regained my personality, regained peace of mind, regained friendships, family relationships and have seen many dreams become reality. I am finally starting to see the life I wanted to have and dreamed about coming to pass.

There's still a long way to go, but I continue to say, "A bad day outside the walls of TWI is better than a good day within the walls ever was." :D

Thank you Paw!!!!

Thank you Greasespots!!!!

:love3::love3::love3:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

:P

:wub:

I couldn't have done it without you!

Edited by Belle

Hey Belle. Great post and super picture. It was the year 2000 that I found out about Waydale and then Greasespot later. I had been out since 1994, but still believed everything that I had been taught. Needless to say, when I first found these sites, I read for hours upon end.

Nice to put a face with your avatar!!!! :wave:

Great picture Belle :)

It's a good thing your hear at GS, and that you've come so far in the last 2 years. I'm sure you too have

helped many others here through some rough times with your insiteful posts and warm personality. I

myself think your just the greatest :D

Here's to you :beer: or if you'd rather have a cup of coffee :)

How well I remember you when you were still struggling with your ex's involvement and how you were going to extricate yourself. I still remember how happy I was when I figured out that "Belle" was the new, free, version of you!

Congrats, kiddo. You've come a long way, and there's lots of good stuff ahead.

And what a cutey pie you are. Reminds me of:

"...one year, at band camp...." (Don't hit me! I think the "band camp" girl from American Pie [who's now in a TV sitcom] is cute as a bug!)

I believe when we go through hard times, it makes us stronger. I remember when I left twi (3 1/2 years ago) that I couldn't wait to be over the initial hump. It was challenging mentally. My life had done a complete 180 degree turn. It wasn't the same, and I had to make new friends and find things to do with my newly acquired free time.

I'm glad you're here Belle! You (and that other poster :wink2: ) have been a great addition to the boards here.

Great picture! Love the hair!

Love,

T

:redface2: Thanks y'all!

I feel like I've grown 10 years in 1 here. :biglaugh:

Okay, not really, but it sounds better than, "This one time at band camp....."

Linda, I love Alyson Hannigan and consider that a great compliment. Thank you! :love3:

Strange One - put the next snowcone on my tab! ;)

WN! - I'm so glad we've gotten to be such goodfriends and hope to get out there to hug your neck one day!

Sunny - Why thank you and I'll gladly have a beer with you! :drink:

Thelma Darlene Louise - You KNOW the par-tay continues on! I just hate I missed the one in KC, but we'll make up for it! :spy:

Act2 - Thank you much! And thank you for all your kind words and healing posts, many of which I never told you about how much they touched me. :)

Belle

Brill that you are so good. You sound thrilled and enthusiastic about life again. Stopped the rot in your own soul.

Grow 10 years in one - you can really see things differently here at GSC. Beginning to think that in some ways it was "regress 10 years in one" at TWI.

Sending you a PM.

Belle, I'm happy for your growth, for how far you've come in these last 2 years.

Having left in 1987, before the entire Way structure was systemically poisoned by overreaching control and mistrustfulness of the individuals who actually made up the "ministry", I have read the posts of you and others who have had your trust and dignity abused with horror and sadness.

Yes, I know (now) there was lots of abusive things going on even back in "the day", but it seems like it became the way of life after LCM came out of his "fog funk". What the "leadership" demanded of you was never within their right to do so. Maybe someday, they'll figure that out. :rolleyes:

"When WHAT flies out of my butt?" :biglaugh:

Perhaps one positive thing you might take away from your Way experience is, How sweet freedom is.

And how you must guard it every day.

Edited by Kevlar2000