GreaseSpot Cafe

Rumrunner's surgery

GrouchoMarxJr

I heard from Rumrunner's daughter today and he wanted everyone to know that he came out of surgery ok and is alert...I will post more info as I get it...

...and this is no surprise to me...he had a lot of folks prayin' for him...and this guy is as tough as a Klingon.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

I stared a new post, sorry....did not see this one in here.

RUM is doing so well, in case you didnt see the other post, that his surgeon has decided to proceed with the other hip this Friday, which the runner is estactic about.

He wishes to also thank all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers, and he has ASKED me to come in here and post his progress.

He is doing outstandingly well...

Thanks,

Prayingfordaylight....

i.e.

Dawn

Edited by prayingfordaylight

Ditto...Ya beat me to it!

I talked to Rumrunner this morning and indeed, they are going ahead with part 2 of the surgery tomorrow.

Originally he was supposed to wait weeks for part 2 but because he did so well they are going to get it over with on Friday.

He is having both hips replaced and will soon be the bionic man. :dance:

That's great news ... they say it is preferable to rehab both sides at once .. great that worked out so well.

:dance: Hope Rum' is up and dancing in no time ...

ya put your left hip in ya put your left hip out ..

ya put your left hip in and ya shake it all about ...

then ya put the right hip in ... :dance:

they are making me wait 8 weeks or more not hip only foot.

IM jealous . I wonder why some dr. will make it easier to be miserable than others?

a foot is less serious than a hip that is major i would think.

it is so cool they can give us new parts tho.

i have heard a hip only lasts about 8-10 years tho and then has to have another sugery.

Great to hear ... I wonder if those are the spirits of morphine or oxycontin. :dance: Surely he's not drinking rum yet :biglaugh:

Actually, he has a morphine drip going on...anytime he's feels the inclination, he pushes a button and get another dose... :blink:

If it were me, I would be hitting the morphine button as often as they let me... :evilshades:

Actually, he has a morphine drip going on...anytime he's feels the inclination, he pushes a button and get another dose... :blink:

If it were me, I would be hitting the morphine button as often as they let me... :evilshades:

LOL, no kidding ... I bet it feels good just to squeeze the button, but it will only spit out so much juice so you can't overdose. I'm guessing the worst of the pain is for the first couple days, but it sounds like the drugs are doing the job. Arise and walk Rummie! :dance: