GreaseSpot Cafe

Time to Shut Down The Greasespot Offshoot

Raf

Hey guys.

It's time for me to shut down the Living Epistles Society Web site.

I'm not sure exactly when. I haven't had time to update the main site, and the forum gets very little activity, so it really hasn't done much of anything lately expcept take up cyberspace.

Maybe another time.

Thanks for all the encouragement over the years. But I'll still be a regular here at the Greasespot Cafe.

Hey guys.

It's time for me to shut down the Living Epistles Society Web site.

I'm not sure exactly when. I haven't had time to update the main site, and the forum gets very little activity, so it really hasn't done much of anything lately expcept take up cyberspace.

Maybe another time.

Thanks for all the encouragement over the years. But I'll still be a regular here at the Greasespot Cafe.

Well, here's to a good effort. As I recall, it was a need for a number of long-time gs posters who temporarily departed the "mother ship" for one reason or another. Fortunately, I believe that they've all returned to active posting status here.

I hope that the reduction in the heavy system administration duties that you'll achieve when you finally lock the shutters will allow you to spend a little more time back here. :biglaugh: There has been a tremendous hole around here recently that would be readily filled by your eminent common sense and wit.

Raf -- you must have your reasons.

I figured the Forums would go, but the *To Wit* articles would remain.

Yer-a-heck-uv-a-dog-worrying-the-biblical-bone, and I would hate to see that lost.

I have all of the *To Wit articles* copied here, on the hard drive.

LES -- RIP

Edited by dmiller

The articles being here are fine. I know a lot of Geerites hate Raf's articles. TWI II (those raised under LCM) were not too fond of them, either. Didn't hear much about them from CFF or CES people. I assume they were okay with them or did not want to fuss. I know a lot of them in CFF would oppose the viewpoint. Opposing some viewpoints of PFAL was breaking ground and Raf was the first to do it. I followed later with other stuff.

His articles on believing, tithing, and more freed a lot of people from bondage and fear. I once attended a fellowship that lived off his articles on his site. Whenever I was scheduled to teach, I printed off his articles and taught from them. We had a fellowship that belonged to no ministry made up of former TWI believers. That lasted for a couple of years.

Religious fanaticism did not find a home at his site. Those who truly had their hope in grace and in Christ did. I would have to say that those who worshipped VPW or LCM like an idol (and I got emails from these kinds of people) were somehow drawn to his site but could not accept it. Kind of like an alcoholic having too much to drink and needing water, going to a clear spring to just look at it, then return to the alcohol to drink and get disoriented some more, and get even more thirsty.

I found it amazing that people hated the fact Rafael did not share in the memory of their idols. Some decided to stay in the past and Rafael moved on, as he will now.

For some that visited his site and read the TO WIT articles, a lot of people were freed from unbelief and received a new life in Christ. Others opposed it for the most treacherous of reasons - doctrinal tradition. We can never settle on any kind of doctrine unless we are absolutely sure. Raf's writings made sense in the non-reasoning world of post-TWI. He helped a lot of us to move on.

He is a recipient of the Ex-TWI Purple Heart. He is now awarded the following:

post-299-1155179829_thumb.jpg

The Ex-TWI Medal of Honor

The articles being here are fine. I know a lot of Geerites hate Raf's articles. TWI II (those raised under LCM) were not too fond of them, either. Didn't hear much about them from CFF or CES people. I assume they were okay with them or did not want to fuss. I know a lot of them in CFF would oppose the viewpoint. Opposing some viewpoints of PFAL was breaking ground and Raf was the first to do it. I followed later with other stuff.

Actually, as Raf has said in the past, it was JBarrax's discussions and analyses of

twi material that preceeded his, and gave him the idea for his own work.

Not that this takes anything away from Raf's own accomplishments.

His articles on believing, tithing, and more freed a lot of people from bondage and fear. I once attended a fellowship that lived off his articles on his site. Whenever I was scheduled to teach, I printed off his articles and taught from them. We had a fellowship that belonged to no ministry made up of former TWI believers. That lasted for a couple of years.

Religious fanaticism did not find a home at his site. Those who truly had their hope in grace and in Christ did. I would have to say that those who worshipped VPW or LCM like an idol (and I got emails from these kinds of people) were somehow drawn to his site but could not accept it. Kind of like an alcoholic having too much to drink and needing water, going to a clear spring to just look at it, then return to the alcohol to drink and get disoriented some more, and get even more thirsty.

Fascinating.
I found it amazing that people hated the fact Rafael did not share in the memory of their idols. Some decided to stay in the past and Rafael moved on, as he will now.

For some that visited his site and read the TO WIT articles, a lot of people were freed from unbelief and received a new life in Christ. Others opposed it for the most treacherous of reasons - doctrinal tradition. We can never settle on any kind of doctrine unless we are absolutely sure. Raf's writings made sense in the non-reasoning world of post-TWI. He helped a lot of us to move on.

He is a recipient of the Ex-TWI Purple Heart. He is now awarded the following:

post-299-1155179829_thumb.jpg

The Ex-TWI Medal of Honor