GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Oakspear

On a Sunday afternoon in August 2001, I received a phone call from T*m H*rr*cks, my Branch, Limb & Region Coordinator. He told me that I "was no longer welcome at Way fellowships or functions" due to my belief that I "did not believe that the Trustees were leading the minsitry in the right direction". This phone call followed a meeting that I had with him, his wife D------, and my local fellowship coordinator a few days earlier where I was confronted with my non-orthodox opinions and my posting on Grease Spot.

This was the culmination of about a year and a half of examining Way beliefs and practices following the announcement of the Allan lawsuit.

In early 2000, we were told of the lawsuit and the subsequent ouster of Martindale, and told to not check the internet for information about the lawsuit. That evening, and in the following days I found several websites with information about the dark side of TWI, including WayDale. I became a regular poster, initially as a defender of TWI doctrine and an apologist for their practices, but eventually changed my mind.

Many thanks to all of those who helped me in those early days when I was sorting it all out and lioving the "double life" as an innie who wanted to be an outie. Thnaks in particualr to:

• Washington Weather: for giving me the heads up on TH and his wife
  • igotout: for posting his letter to RFR, as well as his home phone number - his example inspired me to write a similar letter to John Reynolds
  • laleo: a friend from years past who supported and encouraged me
  • Abigail: who's life parralled mine in so many ways, and who convinced me on more than one occassion that I wasn't insane
  • Hills Bro, Mandii, Wacky Funster, Steve! & Cindy!, (as well as Abigail & Sushi and laleo) who opened their homes to me on my cross country adventure in 2002
  • and last but not least...pawtucket: who keeps this site going, and who i had the opportunity to meet on several occassions

here's to you :beer: i am glad for you and glad you are here i have enjoyed and learnt from your post

i don't post a lot of in depth stuff although i think it

i just don't have the ability to write thought proviking stuff

but i am glad for you

Thanks for the good words...

You know, for the last 5 years or so that I was "in", there were a lot of screwy things going on that I knew were wrong, but did not think to lay at the feet of the Trustees, but chalked up to individual leaders "not doing the Word"; figured that they were isolated incidents. Same thing for any of the insanity that took place over 20+ years.

It was reading the things that other people wrote that were similar to what I had experienced that convinced me that there was a pattern involved.

Hey there, Oakspear. I am so very happy for your 5 years of freedom. And so VERY thankful for all you do to add to this forum.

I don't post alot due to time constraints lately, but I do read your posts!!! :wave: