GreaseSpot Cafe

Moving the Word

shortfuse

I was just thinking about the phrase "moving the Word" and how it was a state we were perpetually striving for. All it really meant was running classes and recruiting new wayfers. "So and so is really 'moving the Word' in his area". Translation, "So and so is a great salesman."

Note to TWI watchdogs: New outreach strategy - drop door to door, and mall witnessing. Go to the used car dealerships and recruit there.

Back in the 70's, the Kumrian [sp?] family came to The Way. He had been a major player with a Multi-level Marketing company called Steed. There was some major scandel with that company and he had lost everything.

But, he brought his MLM techniques to VP who thought it was a great idea. Pretty soon, the witnessing model started to resemble MLM---"each one, win one, who wins one" and on and on and on, rather than your life being a witness to others.

It became a specifically designed approach, rather than letting the spirit of God move in a person.

I knew it Rejoice :dance:

The similarities were too much for me to handle.

I met my husband as I was getting out of twi and since then we've tryed many types of MLM. I just couldn't stomach those meetings :asdf:

I would tell my husband it reminded too much of the ministry and how they did things. Of course he didn't understand because he wasn't involved with twi. But he too didn't like the tactics they used. I saw right through thier BS :realmad:

Back in the 70's, the Kumrian [sp?] family came to The Way. He had been a major player with a Multi-level Marketing company called Steed. There was some major scandel with that company and he had lost everything.

But, he brought his MLM techniques to VP who thought it was a great idea. Pretty soon, the witnessing model started to resemble MLM---"each one, win one, who wins one" and on and on and on, rather than your life being a witness to others.

It became a specifically designed approach, rather than letting the spirit of God move in a person.

I knew it Rejoice :dance:

The similarities were too much for me to handle.

I met my husband as I was getting out of twi and since then we've tryed many types of MLM. I just couldn't stomach those meetings :asdf:

I would tell my husband it reminded too much of the ministry and how they did things. Of course he didn't understand because he wasn't involved with twi. But he too didn't like the tactics they used. I saw right through thier BS :realmad:

The word was moved much like a normal bowel movement, which is where TWI's crap belongs.

I never thought of 'moving the Word' as running classes. That could be done by salesmen as Shortfuse mentioned.

I always did and still do think 'moving the Word' was one on one teaching. In fact, I found that the more I taught a person before taking the class, the more likely they would be around after the class. I was usually right.

I still love teaching the Bible and watching the light go on when I reach and make certain points.

A year ago, I made a statement of belief to a man selling homes in our neighborhood, that JCING. He couldn't buy it for the longest time. (I woudl see him several times a week while our home was being built....we would have little 15 minute windows for us to discuss topics) I showed him that the article 'the' was added by the translators next to the words 'holy and spirit' ............. the light went on.