GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

"Oh, Doctor, I'm quite convinced you're perfectly mad."

"Only at my worst. Nobody's perfect. "

"Deactivating a generator loop without the correct key is like repairing a watch with a hammer and chisel. One false move and you'll never know the time again."

"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on the balcony sometimes and wave a tentacle.

nah not quite.

"Oh, Doctor, I'm quite convinced you're perfectly mad."

"Only at my worst. Nobody's perfect. "

"Deactivating a generator loop without the correct key is like repairing a watch with a hammer and chisel. One false move and you'll never know the time again."

"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on the balcony sometimes and wave a tentacle.

"The sound of giant slugs!"

"You killed my father?"

" But his body remains useful."

"Do try and stay out of my way in future and in past, there's a good fellow. The time continuum should be big enough for the both of us. Just."

"I'm not helping you, officially. And if anyone happens to ask whether I made any material difference to the welfare of this planet, you can tell them I came and went like a summer cloud."

"Oh, marvellous. You're going to kill me. What a finely-tuned response to the situation."

"I hate it when anybody dies. Even someone like Blackwood. I'm sure he wasn't a bad guy at heart probably."

"Oh yeah, you throw out the cocaine busts and what, a little pushing around the high schools and what have you got left? Just a sweet guy with a problem."

"Hey, I'm sorry Dad, you just caught me at a bad time. Reading that detective fiction doesn't help. I mean things aren't like that you know? They're not black and white. They're aren't any heroes left, they die young. [pointing to a book cover] His gun is deadly? Mine's in a cookie jar."

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

"What's wrong?"

"I am THROUGH talking to you! Look at you, an inch or two to the right and you'd be missing that eye!"

"Yeah, but look at it this way, an inch or two to the left and he'd have missed me completely."

"I hate it when anybody dies. Even someone like Blackwood. I'm sure he wasn't a bad guy at heart probably."

"Oh yeah, you throw out the cocaine busts and what, a little pushing around the high schools and what have you got left? Just a sweet guy with a problem."

"Hey, I'm sorry Dad, you just caught me at a bad time. Reading that detective fiction doesn't help. I mean things aren't like that you know? They're not black and white. They're aren't any heroes left, they die young. [pointing to a book cover] His gun is deadly? Mine's in a cookie jar."

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

"You know what's wrong with karate Jerry? It's based on the ridiculous assumption that the other guy will fight fair."

"I'm investigating the Kirkoff killings and I heard you were having an affair with Mrs. Kirkoff before she was killed."

"Private cop, huh?"

"Look, you aren't gonna shoot anybody, we both know it, so why don't you put that thing away before you have an accident."

"Who're you working for?"

"Well, that's confidential."

[cocks his gun]

"Larry Kirkoff."

"What's wrong?"

"I am THROUGH talking to you! Look at you, an inch or two to the right and you'd be missing that eye!"

"Yeah, but look at it this way, an inch or two to the left and he'd have missed me completely."

George

Time to start naming names (same show).

"A senator and a bus driver? What's the connection?"

"This is just a hunch but I'd say the bus driver had something on the senator. Like maybe the senator was having an affair with the bus driver's wife."

"Lance, where did that come from?"

"It didn't come from anywhere Jim it's just a hunch. I get a hunch, it turns out to be right and the case is solved. I don't know how you make a living as a private eye Jim. You don't seem to know any of this stuff."

"But I will need a diversion so I can get back to Bloomberg's room and try to talk to him."

"Ohh. Now we're getting to the nitty-gritty. Now it's beginning to make sense. 'Come on over to Rocky's, Angel.' Serve my favorite food. First time I been invited over here for so much as a glass of water."

"I could use a little help in the kitchen with the coffee and dessert."

"Forget about the dessert, you don't buy Angel Martin with a couple of drumsticks and some redeye gravy."

George

Ok some more to kick start this:

What's this?

It's a kebble.

What's a kebble?

110 kebble make a lithnitch.

What's a lithnich?

270 lithnich make a matta.

What's a matta?

I don't know, what's the matter with you?

We were wondering if you would join us for a few minutes?

Well, what did you decide?

ok next one I start using names or something

What's this?

It's a kebble.

What's a kebble?

110 kebble make a lithnitch.

What's a lithnich?

270 lithnich make a matta.

What's a matta?

I don't know, what's the matter with you?

We were wondering if you would join us for a few minutes?

Well, what did you decide?

Yeah, I did some drugs, though probably not as many as you think. How many drugs do you think I did?

A lot.

Wow! Right on the nose!

You mean, they didn't tell you they were going to tear down your apartment building?

Well, you put up with a few minor inconveniences when you live in a condemned building.

Taxi....

I don't know the name of the episode :redface: but the Rev. Jim was talking to Elaine about the meaning of a yellow light....

Sharon,

In THIS game, you don't have to know the name of the episode. In fact clues may come from several different episodes. Only the Star Trek thread requires an episode name or description.

You're up!

George

I'll take first shot at this one.

That's a classic Groucho Marx line. IIRC, it was first heard in "Animal Crackers",

the stage-show and the movie.

(And 3 cheers for Captain Spaulding, I say.)

Since you're specifying a TV show, I'd bet that the show was

"You Bet Your Life",

Groucho's game-show.

not the show I was looking for...

due to the holidays I'll be unavailable after 2 morrow for a few days so here's the simplest quote....

"Dr. Bombay, Dr Bombay come right away..."

and to all: Shana Tova Umetukah, a Good and sweet New Year...

and, may you Be written and sealed for a Good Year!