GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

Glad you won't spoil the fun....

" Most Americans don't realize what we owe to the ancient Incas. Very few appreciate they gave us the white potato and many varieties of Indian corn."

"Now whenever I eat mashed potatoes, I for one will think of the Incas."

"Am I ever glad I take good care of my teeth!"

"True. You owe your life to dental hygiene."

"He's from Philadelphia."

"How did you know?"

"You dipped your diphthong. People from Philadelphia are known for that."

"Would you like to come in for a glass of milk and cookies?"

"I'm afraid it's rather late. Why, it's 10:30!"

"What is it that no one wants to have yet no one wants to lose?"

"A lawsuit!"

"Correct!"

"Did you hear about Greta Garbo? She dreamed one night she sprinkled 6 boxes of grass seed in her hair, and woke up moaning: "I vant to be a lawn!"

"...give yourself up. We can get help for you... medical help!"

"In prison? This, I do not believe. No, you must PAY for what you did to me, for forcing me to live like this:

never again to know the warmth of a summer breeze, never to feel the heat of burning logs in vintertime!

Revenge. That is what I need! Revenge! I will have revenge!"

"The junior prom's coming up, isn't it?"

"Yes, but... "

"Well, we don't want you to be a wallflower, do we? Dancing is an integral part of every young man's education."

"Where do you come from? Where do you go?

What is your scene? Baby, we just gotta know!"

"Are you a chick who fell in from outer space,

Or are you real with a tender warm embrace?

Yeah, whose baby are you?"

"Plenty of girls and bands and slogans and lots of hoopla, but remember, no politics. Issues confuse people!"

"I'm called Little... Buttercup... Poor Little... Buttercup... Though I could... never tell... why..."

"Let's make tracks!"

"The only tracks you'll be making are straight to the penitentiary!"

"For the 2nd time, let's make tracks!"

"The only tracks you'll be making are straight to the penitentiary!"

"Some sort of delayed echo in here?"

"Belgravia's such a small country. We'd beat them in a few hours."

"Yes, and then we'd have to support them for years."

"No thank you. I never use tobacco in any form."

"That's the first time I've ever heard a cat purr in French."

" 'Ghoti' is 'fish'?

"See here. English phonetics. GH becomes F, as in 'tough' or 'laugh'. O becomes I as in 'women'.

TI becomes SH as in 'ration' or the word 'nation'."

"Boy! That was our closest call ever! I have to admit that I was pretty scared!"

"I wasn't scared in the least."

"Not at all?"

"Haven't you noticed how we always escape the vicious ensnarements of our enemies?"

"Yeah, because we're smarter than they are!"

"I like to think it's because our hearts are pure."

"Gosh, Economics is sure a dull subject."

"Oh, you must be jesting, Dick. Economics dull? The glamour, the romance of commerce... Hmm.

It's the very lifeblood of our country's society."

Give them another day, Hiway, I'm sure they'll get it......

"Remember the Boy Scouts' motto."

"'Be prepared'."

"It would do well to keep that in mind at all times."

"Greek is still Greek to me."

"It's Greek to a lot of Greeks too. It's one of the world's oldest, most important, most beautiful languages."

"It may be, Aunt Harriet, but can't we take a breather and work out in the gym for a while?"

"But the mind needs exercise too, Dick."

"Well, my mind is getting muscle-bound."

"Ahhh, there is an old saying, Dick. A sound mind and a sound body. A worthy goal."

"I thought Lima was the capital of Ecuador."

"As you can see, I was right. It's the capital of Peru."

"Oh, I just love this game of capitals. It's just so educational!"

"Not only that, if we don't know all about our friends to the south, how can we can carry out our good neighbor policy?"

"Those look like honest eyes."

"Never trust the old chestnut, 'Crooks have beady little eyes'. It's false."

"Gosh, botany is tough. I'll never learn to recognize all these trees!"

"Come come, Dick. Pine. Elm. Hickory, chestnut, maple. Part of our heritage is the lure of living things, the storybook of nature."

"Stop fiddling with that atomic pile and come down here!"

"Awww, heck! What's the use of learning French anyway?"

"Dick, I'm surprised at you! Language is the key to world peace. If we all spoke each other's tongues,

perhaps the scourge of war would be ended forever."

"Cattail Lane and Nine Lives Alley. The Grimalkin Novelty Company is on that corner."

"Grimalkin? What kind of a name is that?"

"An obscure but nevertheless acceptable synonym for cat"

"Go back outside and calm the flower children."

"They'll mob me!"

"Groovy."

Wow,

you'd think a show with appearances by actors/actresses like Milton Berle, Ethel Merman,

Zsa Zsa Gabor, Jerry Mathers, Alan Hale Jr, Edward G. Robinson, Art Linkletter, Rob Reiner,

Don Ho, Sonny & Cher, Shelley Winters, Dick Clark, Teri Garr Jill St, John,

and OTHER famous actors,

would be remembered by my old chums MUCH quicker than this.

Edited by WordWolf

I only watched this show occasionally until this episode. This quate sold me:

"Life is like a box of chocolates. Cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint craft that you mindlessly wolf down and there's nothing else left to eat. Sure... once in a while there's a peanut buttercup or an English toffee.. but they're gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. They end up nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth shattering nuts. If you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is an empty box with useless brown paper wrappers."

George

Another exchange from the same episode:

"Who do we want to win the Academy Awards this year?"

"I don't care. All I care about is, Buffalo does not win the Superbowl. As long as I live, Buffalo does not win the Superbowl!"

"Life is like a box of chocolates. Cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint craft that you mindlessly wolf down and there's nothing else left to eat. Sure... once in a while there's a peanut buttercup or an English toffee.. but they're gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. They end up nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth shattering nuts. If you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is an empty box with useless brown paper wrappers."

George

Different episode:

"For a brief time it looked as if they might actually make a difference in this cold, cruel world. They acquired an intern who believed in their cause. And a powerful, beautiful nemesis... who became an ally. But the world is not kind to idealists... and those who fight the Good Fight don't always win."

"I don't care. All I care about is, Buffalo does not win the Superbowl. As long as I live, Buffalo does not win the Superbowl!"

George

Not "Becker."

"Truth is not found in science, or on some unseen plane, but by looking into your own heart."

"For a brief time it looked as if they might actually make a difference in this cold, cruel world. They acquired an intern who believed in their cause. And a powerful, beautiful nemesis... who became an ally. But the world is not kind to idealists... and those who fight the Good Fight don't always win."

George

X-Files is correct.

"Truth is not found in science, or on some unseen plane, but by looking into your own heart."

Scully, pontificating.

Referring to The Lone Gunmen, dying Spock-esque in the "Jumping the Shark" episode. The ally and nemesis were characters from their short-lived spin-off.

Cigarette-Smoking Man, discussing all the events he and his cohorts would orchestrate. I watched this episode to get the backstory on CSM. It was hysterical.

End of the same episode. Great parody of Forrest Gump!.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge