GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

And since I KNOW I'm right and will go on vacation after this, I'll leave you with a fairly easy one.

"It sounds like Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky just want some privacy."

"What's privacy?"

"It means they want to spend time together alone."

"What are they doing in there?"

"They're, uh... they're doing their taxes."

"Are they going to do their taxes every night?"

"For the first couple of months."

New show.

"I know. I'm fast. All my teachers said so. 'Fast, but lazy'."

"As long as I can remember knowing you, you've had all the fun and most of the good women.

"Lately."

"Lately?"

"That's what I said."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, I seem to remember that girl in London. The red head. Healthy girl. "

"Sooner or later, everyone comes to Joe's."

"As long as I can remember knowing you, you've had all the fun and most of the good women.

"Lately."

"Lately?"

"That's what I said."

"Just because I don't like to fight, doesn't mean that I can't."

"I'm too old for this."

"You won't let me change, you know that? You really expect me to steal."

"I expect sharks to bite too. Don't take it personally."

"You don't understand, I am the end of time!"

"You're history."

"Sometimes in life you have to do more than just watch."

Edited by WordWolf

"Lately."

"Lately?"

"That's what I said."

"I'm too old for this."

"You're history."

"Mac, I'm alive."

"Just how old are you? Are you a Christian, or do you paint yourself blue and bay at the moon?"

"You ever had it bad for an older woman?"

"Well, the situation hasn't come up recently."

"You try being her. You try living one year knowing that your time is running out.

That no matter how much you train, no matter how many tricks you have, you STILL lose.

That's the way it is for them. So little time for them to SEE anything or DO anything."

"Did you really kill all those people?"

"Yes, is that what you to hear? Killing was all I knew, is *that* what you want to hear?"

"It's enough."

"No, it is not enough. I killed, but I didn't just kill fifty, I didn't just kill a hundred. I killed thousands. I killed ten thousands.

And I was good at it. And it wasn't for vengeance. It wasn't for greed. It was because I liked it.

Cassandra was nothing, her village was nothing. Do you know who I was? *Death*! Death. Death on horse!

When mothers warned their children that the monster would get them, that monster was me. I was the nightmare

that kept them awake at night. Is that was you want to hear? Than the answer... is yes. Oh, yes."

"Lately."

"Lately?"

"That's what I said."

"Come on. That was nearly one hundred and sixty years ago.

"That's what I said. Lately."

"I'm too old for this."

"You're history."

"Mac, I'm alive."

"Just how old are you? Are you a Christian, or do you paint yourself blue and bay at the moon?"

"You ever had it bad for an older woman?"

"Well, the situation hasn't come up recently."

"You try being her. You try living one year knowing that your time is running out.

That no matter how much you train, no matter how many tricks you have, you STILL lose.

That's the way it is for them. So little time for them to SEE anything or DO anything."

"Did you really kill all those people?"

"Yes, is that what you to hear? Killing was all I knew, is *that* what you want to hear?"

"It's enough."

"No, it is not enough. I killed, but I didn't just kill fifty, I didn't just kill a hundred. I killed thousands. I killed ten thousands.

And I was good at it. And it wasn't for vengeance. It wasn't for greed. It was because I liked it.

Cassandra was nothing, her village was nothing. Do you know who I was? *Death*! Death. Death on horse!

When mothers warned their children that the monster would get them, that monster was me. I was the nightmare

that kept them awake at night. Is that was you want to hear? Than the answer... is yes. Oh, yes."

"I'll kill you in a second, boy. Leave while you still got your head."

"There's only one thing that I hate more than being called a boy, and that's your stupid paintings!"

"You know, considering how shot to pieces you were, it's amazing you're still alive."

"Ow! Considering who's treating me, I'd say it's a miracle. Watch out. Ow! Where'd you say you studied medicine?"

"Heidelberg. 1453."

"Did you major in medicine or dueling?"

"Both. A couple more days, you'll be able to travel."

"You don't have to look quite so happy about it."

"He says he heard a strange noise, we went to go check it out, and he saw three grown men with drawn swords, having it out."

"Did he also see a guy in a bat costume and a long cape?"

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you have "Name that Flick" and "Name that TV Show" backwards. This reminds me of "V for Vendetta," and your other posts remind me of the Beatles cartoon show. :wacko:

George

It's not "V for Vendetta." Read the quotes one at a time, slowly, and you'll get

at least 2 things about the characters that should make this easy to guess even if you

NEVER saw ANY episode from ANY season.

As for the movie thread, finish the thought.

If what you were reminded of is correct, it could only be one movie!

Swords and immortality eventually clicked. I've seen a few "Highlander" episodes, but it wasn't that memorable a series (to me).

"Right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train."

George

Now go answer the Star Trek thread.

"You'll notice, I didn't have anybody being Arab. I thought that would be too explosive, uh, no pun intended. But I just thought, "too soon" for Arabs, maybe next year. You know, the ball's in their court."

"Right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train."

George

"Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most."

"You'll notice, I didn't have anybody being Arab. I thought that would be too explosive, uh, no pun intended. But I just thought, "too soon" for Arabs, maybe next year. You know, the ball's in their court."

George