GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

It's not Maveric, but was on tv about the same time.

"She handed me a big old sugar cookie, looked at me and said, "if you had a choice between that cookie and me, which one would you take?"...that's when I found out just how fast she was! I had to run nearly a mile to get away from her with that cookie!"

"[Disgusted] Son, some day me and you got to have a long talk."

"I need a partner who will come into Honeymoon Lane with me. I have the license, and I have the heavy equipment." 

"Well, ma'am, them's the kinda things a man likes to find out fer himself."

"If brains was lard, that boy wouldn't have enough to grease a skillet."

"Boy, I'm gonna give you 24 hours to clean up all this mess."

"Aw come on, I'm gonna clean up. I'm gonna set this world on fire! "

"You're gonna clean up alright. Everything. Or you're gonna end up with the seat of your britches on fire."

" Now, Chief, in all fairness to the employees, you do not display much holiday spirit."

"What do they want from me? I gave them half a day off on Christmas!"

hint: initials are BH.

Most of those quotes are between Jethro and Jed, last is between Jane Hathaway and Milburn Drysdale. Too much time on my hands watching TV Land, American Life Television Network, and Boomerang(spun off from Cartoon Network) :biglaugh: . I may in the near future post more on this thread if some of you will post some hymns(gospel, praise, spiritual, European, Global) on Cynic's thread on "Name That Hymn".(I can name that hymn tune is 5 notes, Kathie Lee). :blink:

Ok, if no one else is going to post one, I'll go.

"This car weighs, let's say, 4,000 pounds. Now add 140 for me, 120 for you..."

"120?!?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I insult you? Is your body mass somehow tied into your self worth?"

"I’m a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know."

"Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun’s apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality."

"Participate in the what?"

"Love is not a sprint, it's a marathon. A relentless pursuit that only ends when she falls into your arms. Or hits you with the pepper spray..."

"Now, one of you has been coming in a little hot lately, a little too hot, a little, um - oh I don't know, he's-burning-up-the-deck-with-his-skids-because-he-just-can't-pull-back-on-the-throttle hot. Now who is this speed demon, my prince?"

"Flat Top, sir!"

"Flat Top, you got a need for speed, do ya? Just can't wait to get back to the Big G and the loving embrace of your fellow pilots? Or maybe you have a hot date with your right hand?"

"Hey, it never gets a headache!"

"Tell you what, Flat Top: you come in too hot today and you may have to start using your left. Okay, you've been fun, you've been a great audience, dismissed!"

"We're the children of humanity. That makes them our parents in a sense."

"True, but parents have to die. It's the only way children can come into their own."

George

"Frakkin' skin job!"

"Now, one of you has been coming in a little hot lately, a little too hot, a little, um - oh I don't know, he's-burning-up-the-deck-with-his-skids-because-he-just-can't-pull-back-on-the-throttle hot. Now who is this speed demon, my prince?"

"Flat Top, sir!"

"Flat Top, you got a need for speed, do ya? Just can't wait to get back to the Big G and the loving embrace of your fellow pilots? Or maybe you have a hot date with your right hand?"

"Hey, it never gets a headache!"

"Tell you what, Flat Top: you come in too hot today and you may have to start using your left. Okay, you've been fun, you've been a great audience, dismissed!"

"We're the children of humanity. That makes them our parents in a sense."

"True, but parents have to die. It's the only way children can come into their own."

George

BSG(revival of 1970's/80's series). If you can figure out what the 3 letters mean, then more power.

George, I'll give the Answer but as for posting I've got leak of water at the meter and got to get a plumber to dig out the system(it's on my side and not the city water main). Answer is Battle Star Galatica. clue skin jobs refers to human appearing Cylons. oh, by the way all the characters are Cylons based on race memory of the orignal series(where it will be shown that Edward olmos is not Adama but rather Lorne Green).sorry for the spoiler.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll try another one. Hopefully, no one will jump in with the answer and then not post the next clue.

"The chips say you're a cheater, cheater pumpkin eater!"

"Good morning detectives, collecting money for the Policeman's ball?"

"We don't have balls."

"I honestly have no response to that."

George

"Oh, you mean my pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked."

1 "Hey, we found prints."

2 "Was he in a little red corvette?"

3 "Under the cherry moon?"

1 "FINGER prints!"

"We don't have balls."

George

The Thin Blue Line?

"Remember, Dad, you treat a woman like a person, then a princess, then a goddess, then a person again."

"The spirits tell me your little pants are on fire."

"Oh, you mean my pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked."

1 "Hey, we found prints."

2 "Was he in a little red corvette?"

3 "Under the cherry moon?"

1 "FINGER prints!"

"We don't have balls."

George