Raf

Well, then it isn't Barney Miller nor Rowan Atkinson's The Thin Blue Line

Let's add some charcter names.

"I feel like I've been incarcerated in a blueberry."

"Shawn!"

"This car makes me want to weep and then die."

"What about detective Lassiter?"

"Absolutely not. His hair looks like it was poured out of a cake mold."

"You named your fake detective agency ----? Why didn't you just call it 'Hey, we're fooling you and the police department; hope we don't make a mistake and somebody dies because of it'?"

"First of all, Gus, that name is entirely too long; it would never fit on the window. And secondly the best way you convince people you're not lying to them is to tell them you are!"

"Remember, Dad, you treat a woman like a person, then a princess, then a goddess, then a person again."

"The spirits tell me your little pants are on fire."

"Oh, you mean my pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked."

1 "Hey, we found prints."

2 "Was he in a little red corvette?"

3 "Under the cherry moon?"

1 "FINGER prints!"

"The chips say you're a cheater, cheater pumpkin eater!"

"Good morning detectives, collecting money for the Policeman's ball?"

"We don't have balls."

"I honestly have no response to that."

George

Wolfie, this one was done back in October, I think by you!

Yes, Carol Burnett, post # 1213, October 15th.

Yes, but last time, an ADDITIONAL quote was said to be the "giveaway",

and the round went too fast. I figured you'd have forgotten by now,

especially if I left the "giveway" out.

Those are quotes from various "Our Gang' comedies, or the "Little Rascals", as they were named for television distribution. It's perhaps not accurate to refer to a series made in the 30's for theaters 'TV', but they certainly became that for baby boomers. (Of course now, no kid even KNOWS the Little Rascals, as nothing is shown anywhere-but I digress)

"I want my 44 cents"-can't recall the title, but Spanky was made treasurer of the gang's club-for oned day until the club decides to disband and they want their money back.

"The Lord gave me this 5 dollars"- that's Stymie speaking in 'The Pooch', which for me is on of the very best Our Gang's.

"Wanna piece of cake"_I'm pretty sure that's from 'Birthday Blues"-Stymie and Dickie Moore make a cake filled with 'prizes'-it also calls out 'weep-wow' while cooking.

"All I've had today is a piece of lettuce on a gluten sandwich"- that's Darla's wimpy father right before his birthday dinner is sabotaged by Alfalfa, Porky, but for some reason Spanky is missing.

just remembered-'I want my 44 cents' is from "Anniversary Trouble"- Darla's father in the last quote, plays Spanky's father in this one-and he's a loser in both. Don't recall his name,Arthur something, but he was a contract player for Roach studios, and played a great drunk in a Laurel and Hardy short.

So right. I forgot about that. The kid comes in the house on a tricycle, and Alfalfa gives him the last piece of cake on the way out. The 'weep-wow' cake is funnier.

speaking of cake, this new one should be a piece of it.

"Hellooooooo Mr Wilson"

"Oh, Great Scott !"

'weee doggies' makes it almost too easy. Since I don't have another show ready, I won't reveal it. I did like the first quote-the relationship between Drysdale and Miss Jane always cracked me up.

I never sat down to watch the show, but "Weee doggies" is well-known.

They even used it in a commercial for chips and salsa, when supposedly Chris Elliott

met the Beverly Hillbillies.

"Do you believe in the here-after?"

"Yes."

"Then you know what I'm here after!"

"We spent 35 million dollars on the space program. Now some people said that we should of given it to the poor."

"Now what do the poor know about running a space program?"

"How about coming up to my place?"

"Are you going to try anything fresh?"

"Nope. Same old stuff."