GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

Sounds a little like Cardassian justice. Is this the DS9 episode where Miles O'Brien is on trial? (And in a major upset, is actually found NOT guilty!)

George

No it's not, and no it's not.

And I agree with Phil Farrand- this "airing the trial live on tv" thing is just begging for a defendant to say something subversive

on tv. (We know that was live, since the judge changed his tune as soon as he saw Sisko waiting in the wings,

obviously with the evidence.)

But it's not that trial.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Anything you might say has already been taken down in evidence against you."

"I'm quaking, but I don't know whether it's with laughter or terror."

"Straw would taste better than his meat, and water a hundred times better than his brandy.

Nothing has any taste to it at all."

""No! I won't have this! I haven't dismissed you yet! Stop it! I won't have this!"

"You wouldn't understand that, would you? You see, I feel sorrier for you than I do for him, because you'll never know the things that love can drive a man to: the ecstasies, the miseries, the broken rules, the desperate chances, the glorious failures, the glorious victories. All of these things you'll never know...simply because the word "love" isn't written into your book."

George

"Have you been lonely?"

"What is loneliness?"

"It's a... thirst. It is a flower dying in the desert."

"The very old and lonely man, and a young and lonely man; we put on a pretty poor show, didn't we?"

"You wouldn't understand that, would you? You see, I feel sorrier for you than I do for him, because you'll never know the things that love can drive a man to: the ecstasies, the miseries, the broken rules, the desperate chances, the glorious failures, the glorious victories. All of these things you'll never know...simply because the word "love" isn't written into your book."

George

"Requiem for Methusaleh"

In my opinion, the worst epidsode of TOS.

Kirk falls in love in 5 minutes, and fights this guy for her affections , while his starship is shrunk and 400 peoples lives are at stake. Kirk cares more about his libido than about the crisis. It may not be the first time, but it's by far the most insulting.

I'll post a new one when I can.

"Must be something you assimilated."

"To quote Ambassador Spock; the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

"Joe has a real flair for romantic gestures!"

"JOE?"

"I... I decided I couldn't get married without a name."

"It took you 33 years to come up with JOE?"

George

Ok, the first quote is to a Borg, possibly 7 of 9.

The last quote is probably from the holographic doctor, who never named himself.

The middle quote? Possibly Tuvok or another Vulcan, or possibly said TO a Vulcan,

but not necessarily either.

I think this is a Voyager episode, in the final season.

Is it the one in the future with Janeway with the shuttle with all that supertech

like regenerative shields, ablative hull, and the kitchen sink,

visiting the past and blowing up the Borg gateway?

You've got it WW. It was the final Voyager episode, "End Game."

(Actually, though, the first quote was Janeway. She had herself infected with an anti-Borg virus and then let herself be assimilated by the Borg queen.)

You're up!

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

It's always a shock when I can name a Voyager episode.

I've seen so few, and I doubt I've seen all of ANY...

Ok, next round.

"He may have been a hero... he may even have been a great man... but in the end, he was a bad captain."

"I came to see Ferenginar. I've heard a lot about it -- I can't wait to see all the... the rain... and the muck...

"He may have been a hero... he may even have been a great man... but in the end, he was a bad captain."

"I came to see Ferenginar. I've heard a lot about it -- I can't wait to see all the... the rain... and the muck...

"But this is work for a... a mechanic. A repairman. A lowly engineer."

"I'm going to tell Chief O'Brien you said that."

"It's the Defiant!"

"What??"

Edited by WordWolf

"It's the Defiant!"

"What??"

"Thank you... sir?"

"'Sir' is correct, ensign...."

"Our mission was to circumnavigate the entire Federation before returning home."

"So... uh... where are you from?"

"Me? Tycho City."

"Oh... a Lunar Schooner."

"(grins) I haven't heard that in a long time."

"I picked it up from my grandpa. Of course, he still calls Luna The Moon -- like it's the only one or something."

"Well, nobody who's ever lived on the Moon calls it "Luna," either. That's just something they say on Earth."

"It's the Defiant!"

"What??"

"Thank you... sir?"

"Our mission was to circumnavigate the entire Federation before returning home."

"Me? Tycho City."

"I picked it up from my grandpa. Of course, he still calls Luna The Moon -- like it's the only one or something."

"Well, nobody who's ever lived on the Moon calls it "Luna," either. That's just something they say on Earth."

"Sir, the Engine Room also reports that we still have power spikes cropping up all through the deuterium injector startup routine."

"I thought we had that under control."

"I did too, sir."

"Have you recalibrated the lateral impulse control system?"

"No. What does that have to do with the injectors?"

"Well, the impulse system shares some of the same power relays used in the injector startup routine."

"Like that other one... the, uh... uh -- the Republic."

"Not quite. The Republic's an old ship -- I don't think she's left the Terran System in fifty years."

"As of this moment, you're chief engineer. Congratulations."

"Chief Engineer?"

"With the rank of lieutenant commander. Your first assignment is to figure out why we can't go above warp three point two."

"Me? Tycho City."

This part sounds like Jake Sisko talking with someone, maybe hitting on a girl, but I still can't place it.

George

"It's the Defiant!"

"What??"

"Thank you... sir?"

"Me? Tycho City."

" I haven't heard that in a long time."

"Sir, the Engine Room also reports that we still have power spikes cropping up all through the deuterium injector startup routine."

"I thought we had that under control."

"I did too, sir."

"Have you recalibrated the lateral impulse control system?"

"No. What does that have to do with the injectors?"

"Well, the impulse system shares some of the same power relays used in the injector startup routine."

"Like that other one... the, uh... uh -- the Republic."

"Not quite. The Republic's an old ship -- I don't think she's left the Terran System in fifty years."

"As of this moment, you're chief engineer. Congratulations."

"Chief Engineer?"

"With the rank of lieutenant commander. Your first assignment is to figure out why we can't go above warp three point two."

"All I did was ask about her home."

"All you did was plunge a member of this crew into emotional turmoil. The safety of the entire ship can rest on the actions of any one of us at any given moment.

That cadet was not ready to handle an emergency today and you are the reason why."

"Look -- if you're telling me that just talking about home can jeopardize the "safety of the entire ship," then you're in bigger trouble than you think you are."

"You're not here to volunteer your opinion. What you have to do is shut your mouth, obey the rules of this ship and stay away from Chief Collins!"

"Jake -- may I call you Jake?

You're a reporter. Your job is to watch the way events unfold, not participate in them. Right now, you need to stand back and take a good look at where you are and what's going on around you. You're in the middle of a great story. Maybe one of the greatest stories of the entire Dominion War. This ship is special, Jake. This crew is special. Whatever fates guide the universe have chosen us to achieve some purpose in this conflict. I know that. I know it as surely as I know your presence on this ship is no coincidence. You're here to write the story..."

"Don't interfere with the story, Jake. Don't become part of it. Just let it unfold around you. Observe. Listen. And then write it down."

Edited by WordWolf