GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

I thought this one would be pretty easy.

I was tempted to say "easy enough for hiway to get it" but I didn't want to tick you off. Since you've said that you're worthless for DS9 and Voyager episodes, a "hiway episode" would be original series or NG. :)

Assuming you don't want to post a later-series episode, there are probably some 50 OS episodes and 170 NG episodes left!

George

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 'the Cage'.

I'm not sure if it made it into the 'Menagerie', which of course, was the original pilot fit into a two part episode. Some of the footage from the "Cage' was edited out, but I think that exchange between Captain Pike and the Doctor survived.

Feeling generous today, I give you TWO clues:

"One world's butcher is another world's hero. Perhaps I am neither one."

"I will never see my child smile again. She will grow up believing that her father is a traitor, but she will grow up, if you act, if we stop this war before it begins."

George

"I urge you, Captain, surrender. Consider the men and women you would lead into a lost cause."

"If the cause is just and honorable, they are prepared to give their lives. Are you prepared to die today?"

"I will never see my child smile again. She will grow up believing that her father is a traitor, but she will grow up, if you act, if we stop this war before it begins."

George

I hate to say it, but even hiway should be able to get this...

"You find something amusing?"

"The Lieutenant, I like him. To be more accurate I understand him, the warrior...proud, fearless, living only for combat. Exactly the type that will get us all killed if we're not careful."

"You are lucky this is not a Klingon ship. We know how to deal with spies."

"I urge you, Captain, surrender. Consider the men and women you would lead into a lost cause."

"If the cause is just and honorable, they are prepared to give their lives. Are you prepared to die today?"

George

"You will still not survive our assault."

"And you will not survive ours. Shall we die together?"

"The Lieutenant, I like him. To be more accurate I understand him, the warrior...proud, fearless, living only for combat. Exactly the type that will get us all killed if we're not careful."

George

Somebody better get this one quickly. I'll be on vacation from Saturday to Saturday.

"Get that pataqh out of my sight."

"I see that you're skilled in Klingon insults, though only a ve'rool would stoop to using them."

George

Last chance. All the italicized quotes are from ROMULANS.

"Get that pataqh out of my sight."

"I see that you're skilled in Klingon insults, though only a ve'rool would stoop to using them."

George

Oh, shoot, I'll never get the name of this one, but it might be "The Defector."

There's a Romulan on the Enterprise D (Next Gen) and he's trying to tip the crew off to some menacing Romulan plot. Problem is the Romulans already fingered him as a traitor and were feeding him false information, so the information he provided had no real value to the Federation.

Fine. Riddle me this, then:

"An abysmal place."

"Tartaras V?"

"Earth. A thousand years ago it had character. Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Watergate. Now it's just mind-numbingly dull."

"And they weren't exactly thrilled to see you on Brax either. What did they call you, 'the god of lies'?"

"They meant it affectionately."

George

This should narrow it down...

"You hit me....Picard never hit me."

"I'm not Picard."

"Indeed not. You're much easier to provoke. How fortunate for me."

"An abysmal place."

"Tartaras V?"

"Earth. A thousand years ago it had character. Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Watergate. Now it's just mind-numbingly dull."

"And they weren't exactly thrilled to see you on Brax either. What did they call you, 'the god of lies'?"

"They meant it affectionately."

George

Ok,

this one's obviously the Q episode on Deep Space 9.

"I'm not Picard" was probably a really-anticipated line for Avery Brooks.

I wonder how many people expected Q as soon as Vash appeared onscreen.

Why didn't we ever see that Assay Office again?

And why were items catalogued by description instead of a video clip?

I'm presuming there was also an automatic tricorder scan with each item.