GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

"Cannon to the right of them, Cannon to the left of them, Cannon in front of them, Volley'd and thunder'd."

"Storm'd at with shot and shell, Boldly they rode and well, Into the Jaws of Death, Into the mouth of hell... Rode the six hundred."

"How does that poem end?"

"You don't want to know."

"You can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because! A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place; to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"Only if it's necessary."

"I had no idea."

"Congratulations, Captain! You wanted them angry, they're angry."

George

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two quotes would be the most telling.

"Cannon to the right of them, Cannon to the left of them, Cannon in front of them, Volley'd and thunder'd."

"Storm'd at with shot and shell, Boldly they rode and well, Into the Jaws of Death, Into the mouth of hell... Rode the six hundred."

"How does that poem end, Chief?"

"You can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because! A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place; to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"I had no idea."

"I'd like to toss that smug little Vorta out the nearest airlock. And his Founder with him."

"Now, now Damar. That's no way to talk about our valued allies. Not until this war is over, anyway."

"One ship against an entire fleet... That's a helluva plan B."

"The only reason they haven't killed me yet, is that I'm part of their victory celebration. (reciting) 7:00: Dukat makes a speech. 8:30: Cake and raktajino. 8:45: Execute the Ferengi."

"We'll go back to Cardassia and be happy."

"She loved you, you know."

"I never knew why. Now, I guess, I never will."

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

"Perhaps the biggest disappointment in my life is that the Bajoran people still refuse to appreciate how lucky they were to have me as their liberator. I protected them in so many ways, cared for them as if they were my own children. But to this day, is there a single... statue of me on Bajor?"

"I would guess not."

"And you'd be right. Take Captain Sisko, an otherwise intelligence, perceptive man, hmm? Even he refuses to grant me the respect I deserve. Laugh all you want. History will prove me right."

"War is such thirsty work, wouldn't you agree?"

"Perhaps if you didn't talk so much, your throat wouldn't get so dry."

"You can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Then you kill them?"

"I had no idea."

"I'd like to toss that smug little Vorta out the nearest airlock. And his Founder with him."

"Now, now Damar. That's no way to talk about our valued allies. Not until this war is over, anyway."

"The only reason they haven't killed me yet, is that I'm part of their victory celebration. (reciting) 7:00: Dukat makes a speech. 8:30: Cake and raktajino. 8:45: Execute the Ferengi."

"She doesn't appreciate what it means to be Cardassian, or to be your daughter!"

"But she is my daughter! That may mean nothing to you, but it means EVERYTHING to me!"

George

I'm running out of clues, here, gang. We know ist's DS9. If you can't remember the title, can you at least describe what happened?

"Have you ever been diagnosed as anhedonic?"

"We didn't defeat the Federation by being cautious."

"We haven't defeated it yet, and even if we do it's only the beginning. Holding on to a prize as vast as the Federation isn't going to be easy. It's going to require an enormous number of ships, a massive occupation army and constant vigilance."

"I look forward to it."

"I'm sure you also looked forward to occupying Bajor, and we all know what a disappointment that..."

"Ah, ah, ah, ah - on Bajor I merely implemented policy - I didn't make it. If I had, things would have turned out quite differently."

"You want to be gods?! Then BE gods! I need a miracle, Bajor needs a miracle! Stop those ships!"

"Perhaps the biggest disappointment in my life is that the Bajoran people still refuse to appreciate how lucky they were to have me as their liberator. I protected them in so many ways, cared for them as if they were my own children. But to this day, is there a single... statue of me on Bajor?"

"I would guess not."

"And you'd be right. Take Captain Sisko, an otherwise intelligence, perceptive man, hmm? Even he refuses to grant me the respect I deserve. Laugh all you want. History will prove me right."

"War is such thirsty work, wouldn't you agree?"

"Perhaps if you didn't talk so much, your throat wouldn't get so dry."

"You can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Then you kill them?"

"I had no idea."

"She doesn't appreciate what it means to be Cardassian, or to be your daughter!"

"But she is my daughter! That may mean nothing to you, but it means EVERYTHING to me!"

George

This is the series conclusion for Deep Space 9.

NOT the last episode- it's the one where the Dominion War is finally concluded,

Cardassia's liberated, losing the Dominion their Alpha Quadrant base,

and the air-war is taken to its peak.

Cisco meets with the Founders one last time, and convinces them to take an active

step in the episode-by controlling the Wormhole.

Am I right?

Yes. It was "Sacrifice of Angels." (The first part of this two-parter was called "Favor the Bold.") Thanks to help from the "Prophets," the Federation/Klingon/Romulan alliance defeats the Dominion. In a sad turn, Gul Dukat's daughter, Ziyaal, was shot and killed, driving Dukat insane. Most of the quotes were exchanges between Dukat and Weyoun, though some took place on the Defiant (the Tennyson quote and Garak's question about it, for instance).

Go for it, WW!

George

Ok, let's see....

"I can't believe I'm eating lunch with a man who thinks The Never- Ending Sacrifice is dull."

"I just thought it got a little redundant after a while."

"I mean... the author is supposed to be chronicling seven generations of a single family... but he tells the same story over and over again... All the characters live lives of selfless duty to the state... get old... and die. And then the next generation comes along and does it all over again."

"That's the whole point, Doctor."

"I'm a doctor, not a botanist."

"Try not to yell at any more admirals for a while."

"I wasn't yelling. I was expressing my feelings.

Loudly."

"I can't believe I'm eating lunch with a man who thinks The Never- Ending Sacrifice is dull."

"I just thought it got a little redundant after a while.

I mean... the author is supposed to be chronicling seven generations of a single family... but he tells the same story over and over again... All the characters live lives of selfless duty to the state... get old... and die. And then the next generation comes along and does it all over again."

Loudly."

"Don't you think you've had enough?"

"On the contrary. Anyone who talks about the numbing effects of liquor is severely overstating the case."

"He did ask for the specifications. Maybe he's trying to find a way to take it out."

"Either way, I think I'd like to have a talk with him when he wakes up."

"You'll have to get in line."

"I'm a doctor. You're my patient. That's all I need to know."

"Wrong again. You need to know who you're trying to save."

"I just thought it got a little redundant after a while.

I mean... the author is supposed to be chronicling seven generations of a single family... but he tells the same story over and over again... All the characters live lives of selfless duty to the state... get old... and die. And then the next generation comes along and does it all over again."

Loudly."

"Don't you think you've had enough?"

"On the contrary. Anyone who talks about the numbing effects of liquor is severely overstating the case."

"He did ask for the specifications. Maybe he's trying to find a way to take it out."

"Either way, I think I'd like to have a talk with him when he wakes up."

"You'll have to get in line."

"I'm a doctor. You're my patient. That's all I need to know."

"Wrong again. You need to know who you're trying to save."

"I think you'll find that I'm experiencing some slight deterioration of my cranial nerve cluster."

"Not so slight, I'm afraid. We've got to get you to the Infirmary."

"I don't understand it. I shut down the implant. It can't be affecting his blood chemistry anymore, but toxins are accumulating in his lymphatic tissues."

Would the correct "pew" be the episode where Garak is revealed to have had an implant in his brain to help him resist torture? I think it started to fail, causing him all sorts of pain.

George

Yes, that's the episode called "the Wire."

I was just about to post some easier-to-identify quotes.

Bashir's all over this episode as he tries to fix Garak.

The problem was, Garak had been using the thing as a sort of narcotic, since he hated living on the station.

Eventually, he left it on, and when it started to break down and it was shut off, his body was dependent upon

its effects. Garak also spun Bashir a number of stories of what he did that got him fired from the

Obsidian Order- he killed innocents, no-he let innocents go, no-he had a falling out with his friend Elim, and

Elim framed him before he finished framing Elim, and so on.....

...then Bashir finds out Elim's Garak's first name!

Go, George.

"Despite their reputations, this Zakdorn does not appear to be a very formidable warrior."

"In the game of military brinksmanship, individual physical prowess is less important than the perception of a species as a whole. For over nine millennia potential foes have regarded the Zakdorns as having the greatest innately strategic minds in the galaxy."

"And no one is willing to test that perception in combat."

"Exactly."

"Then the reputation means nothing."

"When you're out-gunned, out-manned, and out-equipped --what else do you have left?"

"Guile."

"Join me."

George

"I was hoping that you would agree to play me in a game of Strategema."

"Although I am intrigued by the audacity of your request, I can't fathom why you wish the encounter."

"I enjoy a challenge."

"Very well, an opponent of 'limited dimensions' can often be quite diverting."

"I have wagered heavily in the ship's pool that you will take him past the sixth plateau."

"What if I don't?"

"I will be... irritated."

"Despite their reputations, this Zakdorn does not appear to be a very formidable warrior."

"In the game of military brinksmanship, individual physical prowess is less important than the perception of a species as a whole. For over nine millennia potential foes have regarded the Zakdorns as having the greatest innately strategic minds in the galaxy."

"Exactly."

"When you're out-gunned, out-manned, and out-equipped --what else do you have left?"

"Guile."

"Join me."

George

Sorry. I usually go two days, just to see if anyone checks in. This is one that Cindy! or hiway (and others) shoudl get.

"It's a real mess down here, but we'll get to work on it."

"I'm sure you'll perform your usual miracle."

"What's the Zakdornian word for 'mismatch'?"

"Challenge! We do not whine about the inequities of life. And how you perform in a 'mismatch' is precisely what interests Starfleet. After all -- when one is in the superior position, one is expected to win."

"Play a machine? Why should I wish to?"

"I don't blame you. It's no fun going into a game when you know you're going to lose."

"But I wouldn't lose, and now you're no doubt going to make me prove it to you."

"I was hoping that you would agree to play me in a game of Strategema."

"Although I am intrigued by the audacity of your request, I can't fathom why you wish the encounter."

"I enjoy a challenge."

"Very well, an opponent of 'limited dimensions' can often be quite diverting."

"I have wagered heavily in the ship's pool that you will take him past the sixth plateau."

"What if I don't?"

"I will be... irritated."

"Exactly."

"Guile."

"Join me."

George