GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

Time to lob a couple of softballs.

"Out! We need no urging to hate humans! But for the present, only a fool fights in a burning house."

"There are rules, even in war – you don't keep hacking at a man after he's down!"

"There was a Federation colony on this planet! It was destroyed!"

"By what? No bodies, no ruins... a colony of the invisible?"

"Yes, a test of a new Klingon weapon leaving no traces. Federation ships don't specialize in sneak attacks!"

"You are not going to–?"

"The Federation doesn't kill or mistreat its prisoners; you've been listening to propaganda broadcasts."

"Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man."

"I, too, felt a brief surge of racial bigotry – most distasteful."

George

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd. I know I responded this afternoon.

Anyway, WW is correct. A wispy, light-thingy entity draws the Enterprise and a Klingon ship to a planet under false pretenses. The Klingons capture Kirk and landing party but are themselves captured when they transport aboard the Enterprise. The entity helps them escape and keeps them fighting, sice it feeds on hate. It even heals them from mortal wounds just to keep fighting. Eventually, Spock and Kirk figure it out and convince Kang to disarm, as well. A wave of good cheer sends the entity fleeing the ship.

You're up. WW

George

P.S. Michael Ansara played the same character (Kang) in three ST series: TOS, DS9, and Voyager. John DeLancie played Q on TNG, DS9, and Voyager. Were there any others (excluding Maj Barrett as "Computer Voice")? I know Jonathan Frakes played Will Riker on TNG and Enterprise, but did he also play that character on DS9? Tom Riker doesn't count! There are a boatload of characters who played the same character in two series, and several who played different characters in three series, but how many played the same character in three series?

"Con permiso, Capitan. The hall has been rented -- the orchestra engaged -- it's time to see if you can dance."

"We have analyzed your defensive capabilities as being unable to withstand us. If you defend yourselves, you will be punished."

"If you can't take a little bloody nose -- maybe you had better go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous -- with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross -- but it is not for the timid."

I'm thinking "Q Who?" the NG episode where Q "introduces" the Enterprise to the Borg.

George

You are thinking correctly.

It's also been suggested that the Borg had already been in Federation space before

this, since a colony or something had had all its tech removed before, which fits

the MO of the Borg when we meet them in this episode.

"You're a quick study, doctor."

"You mean quick for a hu-mon, don't you?"

"I would never say anything so distasteful during a game."

"No, you'd wait 'til it was over."

"Of course."

"A Klingon... why did they have to sent a Klingon?"

"I'm a Trill. Does that make you feel any better?"

"Are you trying to be funny?"

"Not at all. He's the funny one..."

"I didn't expect you to surrender so quickly."

"Surrender?!"

"Bad word."

"Very bad."

"How are you enjoying your honeymoon? Suffering enough?"

"Enough."

"Anything I can get for you?"

"More pain, less cold."

George

"Hey... that was almost a smile."

"When this mission is over... I'll smile all you want."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Then let's finish the mission and get out of here. I can stand... just help me... get my balance...Or... maybe not."

"As your captain, it's my duty to tell you that you made the wrong choice. I don't think Starfleet will file any formal charges -- even a secret court-martial would run the risk of revealing too much about their intelligence operations...

...But this will go in your service record... and to be completely honest, you should know that they'll probably never give you a command of your own after this."

"I understand."

"Of course."

"Surrender?!"

"Bad word."

"Very bad."

"Enough."

"More pain, less cold."

George

Let's see. 2nd 1/2 of DS9's run.

We have a Dax, Worf, probably Quark, probably Bashir, and Sisko at least speaking once.

Is this when they visited Risa, and we got to see what Risa was like when the natural

weather was allowed to run,

as a reminder that they need to learn to deal with discomfort if they expect to defeat

the Dominion?

"Worf, you're practically easygoing. What's next? A sense of humor?"

"I have a sense of humor! On the Enterprise I was considered to be quite amusing."

"That must have been one dull ship."

"That is a joke. I get it... it is not funny, but I get it."

"Think of it as a challenge."

"That's your obsession, Miles, not mine."

"Do it for the latinum."

"Nice try."

"Do it for the satisfaction of the look on Quark's face when he's beaten at a game of tongo by a lowly hyu-mon."

"Deal the cards"

"So what happened?"

"You may not understand..."

"Try me."

"You were at my wedding... you heard the story of the first two Klingon hearts... how nothing could stand against them... and how they even destroyed the gods that created them. I've heard that story ever since I was a boy...but I never understood it -- really understood it -- until I was standing there in the jungle with my heart pounding in my chest... and I found that even Icouldn't stand against my own heart. I had to go back... and it didn't matter what Starfleet thought or what the consequences were. She was my wife and I couldn't leave her.

"Hey... that was almost a smile."

"When this mission is over... I'll smile all you want."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Then let's finish the mission and get out of here. I can stand... just help me... get my balance...Or... maybe not."

"As your captain, it's my duty to tell you that you made the wrong choice. I don't think Starfleet will file any formal charges -- even a secret court-martial would run the risk of revealing too much about their intelligence operations...

...But this will go in your service record... and to be completely honest, you should know that they'll probably never give you a command of your own after this."

"I understand."

"Of course."

"Surrender?!"

"Bad word."

"Very bad."

"Enough."

"More pain, less cold."

George

I've only seen it once, but it's pretty memorable. These quotes are key. Can you explain why Worf is being dressed down by Sisko?

"So what happened?"

"You may not understand..."

"Try me."

"You were at my wedding... you heard the story of the first two Klingon hearts... how nothing could stand against them... and how they even destroyed the gods that created them. I've heard that story ever since I was a boy...but I never understood it -- really understood it -- until I was standing there in the jungle with my heart pounding in my chest... and I found that even Icouldn't stand against my own heart. I had to go back... and it didn't matter what Starfleet thought or what the consequences were. She was my wife and I couldn't leave her.

"I understand."

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Why in the world do I remember the Tongo game but not the main story?

Bashir agrees to take Quark at Tongo, but Quark out-plays him by breaking his concentration.

Worf and Jadzia go to pick up a spy, but Jadzia gets wounded, and Worf has to decide whether

to complete the mission, or take care of her.

"Until the disturbance ends, we'll be forced to maintain the station with a skeleton crew."

"I assume the Promenade is secure."

"Yes sir. I've struck the sails and battened the hatches... so to speak."

"Either you help me, or you and your friends will die."

"Don't call me Benjamin."

"...... cargo ship Ekina. We've been caught by the storm. Our engines have been severely damaged. We need emergency assistance. Can you read me? Repeat, this is the cargo ship Ekina..."

The "Don't call me Benjamin" line implies someone with the Dax symbiont. Is this "Invasive Procedures" where John Glover (long before his Lionel Luthor days) is a Trill who has the Dax synbiont placed in him? Sisko convinces his confederates that now that he has the Dax symbiont, he'll betray them all and gets his girlfriend to help get the symbiot back to Jadzia.

George

The "Don't call me Benjamin" line implies someone with the Dax symbiont.

Yes, it does.

Is this "Invasive Procedures" where John Glover (long before his Lionel Luthor days) is a Trill who has the Dax synbiont placed in him? Sisko convinces his confederates that now that he has the Dax symbiont, he'll betray them all and gets his girlfriend to help get the symbiot back to Jadzia.

George

It is.

The station operated with a skeleton crew due to storms, which allowed a Trill a chance to take over the station.

Lucky for him the crew was less competent than when they "surrendered" the station later....

Go, George!