GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

"If you can't tell me what it is, let's use reverse logic -- Perhaps it'll help if you tell me what it isn't."

"It is not liquid, gaseous, or solid, despite the fact we cannot see through it."

"So far that's not much help."

"We're wasting time. The shuttlecraft is ready."

"You're determined not to let me share in this, aren't you?"

"This is not a competition. Whether you understand it or not, grant me my own kind of dignity."

George

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Captain... the stars... are gone!"

"Both are right, both are capable... and which of my friends do I condemn to death?"

"If you can't tell me what it is, let's use reverse logic -- Perhaps it'll help if you tell me what it isn't."

"It is not liquid, gaseous, or solid, despite the fact we cannot see through it."

"So far that's not much help."

"We're wasting time. The shuttlecraft is ready."

"You're determined not to let me share in this, aren't you?"

"This is not a competition. Whether you understand it or not, grant me my own kind of dignity."

George

This would be 'The Immunity Syndrome"- the giant amoeba that wipes out a ship full of vulcans. Take this episode, mix it with 'the Doomsday Machine", and 'Nomad" and you've got the Star Trek 1, and vger.

Egad. I have to have new quotes now? I ran out long ago, but we'll see .

how about some classic Trek sexism-

"The women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim."

This would be 'The Immunity Syndrome"- the giant amoeba that wipes out a ship full of vulcans.

Correct. My next post would have been the giveaway: "Shut up, Spock! We're coming to save you!" "Why, thank you, CAPTAIN McCoy!"

As for your quote, I don't know yet, but how about the original series "Amok Time" (the episode Steve! described a couple of posts earlier)?

George

I checked a couple places for quotes-but that episode doesn't seem to be very quote worthy.

Usually, I've tried to quote lines that resonate in my memory. Kind of like the thread of first lines of songs.Lines that once you hear them, take you to that episode in your head.

But there are no 'rules' and I've also looked up quotes to quote.

The episode is "the Arsenal of Freedom", one of my personal favorites.

It's got Vincent Schiavelli as a computerized arms dealer, and it's one of those "this lesson has a moral" episodes-

"the arms race is wrong!" but is fun despite that.

One saucer separation, one "the Captain is on the Away Team! WHY!" and so on.

One of my favorite scenes was Riker looking for Captain Paul Rice of the USS Drake.

When a holographic impostor of Rice appears, and tries to question Riker, Riker starts giving him

useless "information." When Rice asks him about the ship he's on- "The Enterprise, isn't it?"

Riker says he's serving on a different ship, "the Lollipop." The impostor's never heard of it, so Riker

gives him more information. "It's been recently commissioned. It's a Good Ship."

How many OTHER chances do you get to hear a Star Trek crewman claim to be serving on

The Good Ship Lollipop? :biglaugh:

Is this the NG episode where Matt Frewer plays a supposed historian from the future but is in reality a technology thief from the past? I believe the episode was called "A Matter of Time."

George

Got it in one!

The quotes were from early on, when he pretended he'd studied the ship in history,

how the bridge looked, wondered where Worf sat in meetings, etc.

Go, George!

"Allamaraine count to four./Allamaraine then three more./Allamaraine if you can see./Allamaraine you'll come with me."

(1) "I gave you a direct order."

(2) "Court-martial me."

(1) "I can't. You're not in Starfleet."

(3) "If I were your superior officer, I'd court-martial both of you."

George

If the Wadi had only been exposed to Vulcans as Alpha Quadrant representatives before

coming through the Wormhole, and they arrived on DS9 immediately looking for Quark's,

that meant the Vulcans recommended Quark's.

Fascinating. :)

(Hey, Phil Farrand pointed it out first.)

This is "Move Along Home", when the Wadi maneuver Quark into a "game", with his

friends as the pieces- and the pieces, like in chess, can be lost.

(With that in mind, I liked the ending.)

I haven't seen this one in quite a while-did they stop airing it?

"Another technical journal, Scotty?"

"Aye, sir."

"Don't you ever relax?"

"I am relaxin'!"

""Laddie... don't you think you should... rephrase that, a mite?"

"You're right, I should. I didn't mean to say the Enterprise should be hauling garbage, I meant to say that it should be hauled away as garbage!"