GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And are YOU Betazoid? Holy schmoley! I was just getting ready to post another clue, but there's no need. It was, indeed, the NG episode "Dark Page."

Hit it, WW!

George

I just followed the quote backward.

I recognized Lwaxana talking to Worf.

She was talking about a DIFFERENT race of telepaths.

That really cut the number of possible episodes down, although I didn't have it down to exactly one.

That's why I asked if this was it-this was my best guess.

"Something about this concerns me. I don't know what, I can't point out a reason... yet."

"Stay concerned. Please! The safety of the Enterprise may be entrusted to those two!"

"I'm sure it was fascinating, Wesley, and I look forward to hearing about it. But not right now!"

"With most life forms I feel something. I may not be able to interpret or understand it, but I feel something, if only a presence. With him -- nothing.

Something about this concerns me. I don't know what, I can't point out a reason... yet."

"Stay concerned. Please! The safety of the Enterprise may be entrusted to those two!"

"I'm sure it was fascinating, Wesley, and I look forward to hearing about it. But not right now!"

"How basic shall I be?"

"I leave that to you."

"With most life forms I feel something. I may not be able to interpret or understand it, but I feel something, if only a presence. With him -- nothing.

Something about this concerns me. I don't know what, I can't point out a reason... yet."

"How basic shall I be?"

"I leave that to you."

"How should I say this?

Aah... sufficient to say for now, these symbols and their relationships have greater meaning to me than to you...

... although you can in time learn them. Then, those of you sufficiently gifted, can duplicate my results."

"You are trained through the system -- you go in a straight line, competent, yes, and perhaps even innovative in a

minimalist way, but what I am doing here is not the end of the process - it's the beginning."

"Something troubles you about the way this is configured.

How about it now?"

"Yes. But shouldn't these be connected?

Here.

... And here.

There. That's better."

Was this the NG episode where a "traveller" helps the Enterprise reach Warp 10? They enter a state where thoughts become real. There was also a "scientist" running the experiment who didn't realize that he was irrelevant, and that the "traveller" was doing all the work.

George

Was this the NG episode where a "traveller" helps the Enterprise reach Warp 10? They enter a state where thoughts become real. There was also a "scientist" running the experiment who didn't realize that he was irrelevant, and that the "traveller" was doing all the work.

George

CORRECT!

"Where No One Has Gone Before."

Here's how the quotes went...

Deanna Troi couldn't sense "The Traveler." Kozinski's "assistant."

Wesley noticed it was "the Traveler" who was doing everything,

and this was probably the first "shut up Wesley" type moment we had in the series.

"How basic shall I be?"

"I leave that to you."

Kozinski and Riker, Kozinski thought he was a fricking genius.

"How should I say this?

Aah... sufficient to say for now, these symbols and their relationships have greater meaning to me than to you...

... although you can in time learn them. Then, those of you sufficiently gifted, can duplicate my results."

"You are trained through the system -- you go in a straight line, competent, yes, and perhaps even innovative in a

minimalist way, but what I am doing here is not the end of the process - it's the beginning."

Both Kozinski and his "explanation" of how to get Warp drives to go faster.

"Something troubles you about the way this is configured.

How about it now?"

"Yes. But shouldn't these be connected?

Here.

... And here.

There. That's better."

"The Traveler and Wesley,

while Kozinski was rambling about a straight line.

"I feel for the robots, but what you're proposing is exactly the kind of tampering the Prime Directive prohibits. We know almost nothing about these creatures, or the race that built them. What would be the consequences of increasing their population, both to their own civilization and others in this quadrant? Who are we to swoop in, play god, and then continue on our way without the slightest consideration of the long-term effects of our actions?"

"Wait a minute. If both sides called a truce, then why didn't they stop you from fighting?"

"They attempted to do so."

"And?"

"We terminated the Builders."

George

"According to my observations, there is sufficient reason for greater optimism."

"You took the words right out of my mouth."

"Unfortunately, extinction is often the natural end of evolution..."

"Get some rest."

"You may think you are tougher than everyone else, but I can go without sleep just as long as you can."

"Don't make me laugh, Starfleet."

"I feel for the robots, but what you're proposing is exactly the kind of tampering the Prime Directive prohibits. We know almost nothing about these creatures, or the race that built them. What would be the consequences of increasing their population, both to their own civilization and others in this quadrant? Who are we to swoop in, play god, and then continue on our way without the slightest consideration of the long-term effects of our actions?"

"Wait a minute. If both sides called a truce, then why didn't they stop you from fighting?"

"And?"

George

Let's add a couple of key names to jog your memories.

"Get some rest, Harry."

"You may think you are tougher than everyone else, Bel'anna Torres, but I can go without sleep just as long as you can."

"According to my observations, there is sufficient reason for greater optimism."

"And?"

George

"It's a good idea, but warp plasma radiates at too high a frequency to alter electrochemically. Unless..."

"Go on..."

"I could modify a series of anodyne relays, attach them directly to the robot's power module. They could act as a sort of regulator to make the warp plasma compatible with the robot's energy matrix!"

"That's exactly what I was going to suggest."

"I feel for the robots, B'Elanna, but what you're proposing is exactly the kind of tampering the Prime Directive prohibits. We know almost nothing about these creatures, or the race that built them. What would be the consequences of increasing their population, both to their own civilization and others in this quadrant? Who are we to swoop in, play god, and then continue on our way without the slightest consideration of the long-term effects of our actions?"

"When it was anticipated that the war would end, the Builders no longer required our services, and they attempted to terminate us. In doing so, they became the enemy. We are programmed to destroy the enemy. It is necessary for our survival."

"Get some rest, Harry."

"You may think you are tougher than everyone else, Bel'anna Torres, but I can go without sleep just as long as you can."

"And?"

George

It's tough getting a Voyager episode through here.

"Prototype"

After finding and repairing a robot found drifting in space, B'Elanna is abducted and forced to help robots to reproduce building a new prototype or Voyager will be destroyed. However, after finding out that the robots were in the middle of a robotic war and had killed their makers, B'Elanna is forced to destroy the prototype.

Up for grabs, folks!

George

You don't know the story of the merchant? The merchant... who, when he found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

Yes, she was all that. And whether the Vians bought her or found her makes little difference - she was of great value.

If death is all you understand...here are four lives for you. We will not leave our friend. You've lost the capacity to feel the emotions you brought Gem here to experience. You don't understand what it is to live. Love and compassion are dead in you. You're nothing but intellect

Well, I know this is a TOS episode, because the character "Gem" had a listing in

"Who's Who in Star Trek", which predated NextGen.

So, she was either in one of the early movies (I would recognize the story)

or in The Animated Series (which we don't allow),

she was in the original series.

=========

This episode wasn't "the Empath", was it?

"Paradise never seemed so well-armed."

"I've got plenty of customers. Just look outside."

"What can I do for you, sir?"

"It's about Red Squad."

"Red Squad? Did you get me in?"

"Not just yet."

"Too bad. Those guys are the best. They're the only people I know who aren't afraid of the Dominion."

"Why's that?"

"I don't know. They're not scared of anything, I guess."

It seems that you've posted this one before. Is this the DS9 episode with a ship run by hot-shot, gung-ho cadets (or young officers) whose captain has been killed? They pick up Nog and Jake on some sort of rescue and then enlist their aid.

George

It seems you think this is "the Valiant." It is not.....

"Paradise never seemed so well-armed."

"I've got plenty of customers. Just look outside."

"What can I do for you, sir?"

"It's about Red Squad."

"Red Squad? Did you get me in?"

"Not just yet."

"Too bad. Those guys are the best. They're the only people I know who aren't afraid of the Dominion."

"Why's that?"

"I don't know. They're not scared of anything, I guess."

"Is this a secure line?"

"It is at my end."

"One moment.

Sorry, Captain. But I think you'll agree, this is a time for caution."

"Absolutely."

"Does Admiral Leyton know about this report?"

"He hasn't mentioned it to me."

"Listen to me, Captain. I want that record erased before anyone else sees it. Is that understood?"

"I'll take care of it immediately."

"Good. That report could cause us a lot of trouble. I'm glad you spotted it."

"So am I. I'd hate to see the members of Red Squad get into any trouble."