GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What you were trying to do was make yourself feel important. Making me feel dumb made you feel smart. But I'm not dumb and you're not half as smart as you think you are!"

"Why do you get to be the High King?"

"I'm a direct descendant of King Brian Boru.

Besides... it's my program."

"Isn't this your tooth sharpener?"

"This p'tak just robbed my quarters!"

"I want to know why such a security breach was allowed to occur in the first place."

"Unfortunately, these things happen."

"They did not happen on the Enterprise."

"Really.

Let's see.

Stardate 46235.7, Ferengi privateers led by Daimon Lurin boarded and seized control of the Enterprise using two salvaged Klingon birds of prey.

Stardate 45349.1 Berlinghoff Rasmussen, a petty criminal impersonating a scientist, committed numerous acts of theft

against the crew of the Enterprise.

Shall I continue?"

Interestingly, I am a direct descendant (on my mother's side) of Brian Boru, also.

The episode is seeming much more familiar, but not enough of the real plot to go on, yet.

George

"What you were trying to do was make yourself feel important. Making me feel dumb made you feel smart. But I'm not dumb and you're not half as smart as you think you are!"

"I want to know why such a security breach was allowed to occur in the first place."

"Really.

Let's see.

Stardate 46235.7, Ferengi privateers led by Daimon Lurin boarded and seized control of the Enterprise using two salvaged Klingon birds of prey.

Stardate 45349.1 Berlinghoff Rasmussen, a petty criminal impersonating a scientist, committed numerous acts of theft

Shall I continue?"

"You mean to tell me that you've been walking around with a seeping infection of the tympanic membrane for two weeks?"

"More like three, actually."

"Rom, you could have died. Another forty-eight hours and you'd've been bidding for a new life in the Divine Treasury."

"I guess it's a good thing I fainted when I did."

"Why didn't you come to see me sooner?"

"I couldn't. I was busy."

"I'm sure your brother could've spared you for half an hour."

I think I've got it now.

I can't remember the name of the episode, but wasn't it the one where Rom creates an union protesting Quark's treatment of employees?

Correct- "the Bar Association!"

Rom finally begins to move out from behind Quark's shadow in this episode-beginning with forming

the union.

"Really.

Let's see.

Shall I continue?"

"You mean to tell me that you've been walking around with a seeping infection of the tympanic membrane for two weeks?"

"More like three, actually."

"Rom, you could have died. Another forty-eight hours and you'd've been bidding for a new life in the Divine Treasury."

"I guess it's a good thing I fainted when I did."

"Why didn't you come to see me sooner?"

"I couldn't. I was busy."

"I'm sure your brother could've spared you for half an hour."

This is what led to forming the union. Rom got so sick he passed out at work-

since he was unable to get "sick tine" or a chance to visit a doctor.

I guess that means it's my turn again...

"It's a Cardassian holosuite program. An adaptation of one of Shoggoth's enigma tales."

"I see."

"You sound disappointed. I thought you liked mystery novels."

"I do. Human mystery novels. The problem with Cardassian enigma tales is that they all end the same way. All the suspects are always guilty."

"Yes, but the challenge comes from determining exactly who is guilty of what."

"This will be my thirtieth birthday."

"It's no use. As far as I can tell, the station's suffered some kind of massive systems failure. Aside from life support, and simple functions like turbolifts and doors, nothing seems to be working. It's been like this for hours. I was up late programming some replicator patterns for a suit I'm designing, and everything just went dead."

"It's a Cardassian holosuite program. An adaptation of one of Shoggoth's enigma tales."

"I see."

"I do. Human mystery novels. The problem with Cardassian enigma tales is that they all end the same way. All the suspects are always guilty."

"It's no use. As far as I can tell, the station's suffered some kind of massive systems failure. Aside from life support, and simple functions like turbolifts and doors, nothing seems to be working. It's been like this for hours. I was up late programming some replicator patterns for a suit I'm designing, and everything just went dead."

"Well, in many human cultures, the thirtieth birthday is considered a sort of milestone. It marks the end of youth and the beginning of the slow march into middle age."

"The chief's a man of many talents, but keeping a secret isn't one of them."

"I was looking for Constable Odo. Everyone on this station seems to have disappeared."

"Not everyone. I just saw Quark. He was cowering behind his bar. He thinks someone is terrorizing the station. And I'm not sure I disagree with him."

"What do you mean? Tell me what's going on."

"There was some... thing in Quark's... tearing up the place. I never got a good look at it, but believe me, it wasn't friendly."

"I see."

"Well, in many human cultures, the thirtieth birthday is considered a sort of milestone. It marks the end of youth and the beginning of the slow march into middle age."

"I was looking for Constable Odo. Everyone on this station seems to have disappeared."

"Not everyone. I just saw Quark. He was cowering behind his bar. He thinks someone is terrorizing the station. And I'm not sure I disagree with him."

"There was some... thing in Quark's... tearing up the place. I never got a good look at it, but believe me, it wasn't friendly."

"Your hair. It seems to be turning gray."

"So I've noticed."

"I guess you had reason to worry about turning thirty after all. Either that, or your job is more stressful than I thought."

"Look, Garak, we don't have time for this. We have to find out what's going on here."

"I agree. Maybe we should split up. I can search the Docking Ring while you look around the Habitat Ring and the Central Core."

"I know it sounds strange, but I keep hearing voices."

"I'm in a coma."

"You know, Doctor, the thing I find most fascinating about this entire incident is how your unconscious mind chose people you know to represent the various parts of your personality."

"It did make things interesting."

"What I find interesting is how your mind ended up casting me in the role of the villain."

"I wouldn't read too much into that, Garak."

"How can I not? To think, after all this time, all our lunches together... you still don't trust me. There's hope for you yet, Doctor."

I think with the last set of quotes I indeed gave the whole plot. I can keep posting quotes to make it more clear, but the plot is in there. :(

The episode is one I like, but apparently it's not a memorable one to anyone else. Do you think more quotes will help? If so I'll post more later.

"I see."

"Your hair. It seems to be turning gray."

"So I've noticed."

"I guess you had reason to worry about turning thirty after all. Either that, or your job is more stressful than I thought."

"Look, Garak, we don't have time for this. We have to find out what's going on here."

"I agree. Maybe we should split up. I can search the Docking Ring while you look around the Habitat Ring and the Central Core."

"I know it sounds strange, but I keep hearing voices."

"I'm in a coma."

"You know, Doctor, the thing I find most fascinating about this entire incident is how your unconscious mind chose people you know to represent the various parts of your personality."

"It did make things interesting."

"What I find interesting is how your mind ended up casting me in the role of the villain."

"I wouldn't read too much into that, Garak."

"How can I not? To think, after all this time, all our lunches together... you still don't trust me. There's hope for you yet, Doctor."

-

"I'm part of you, remember? I know what you know. Maybe even a little more."

"Still the man of mystery?"

"You wouldn't have me any other way."

"You can't escape, Doctor. You can run if you want, but you can't outrun death."

"These monitors... they're displaying my vital signs."

"What's the prognosis?"

"Pulse is thready... blood pressure dropping steadily... I'm dying."

"I could've told you that just by looking at you."

"Doctor, are you trying to say that you're afraid of growing old."

Edited by Maddy

Well, now I'm almost restating the quotes, but this is the one where Bashir is injured, and his mind-in a coma-

represents his physical state with the station, and the parts of his personality are represented by the cast.

And Bashir's getting visibly older as the damage progresses.

Oddly enough, we go to one commercial break with him breaking his hip, but he gets around just fine AFTER

the commercial break.

Oh, and they had to find the alien who represented the damage.

"I don't want you to get involved in this."

"Is that an order, doctor?"

"Yes!"

"Too bad you're not my boss anymore."

"I think I've got a case of tennis elbow."

"I did a little research... this is the latest design... state of the art... and it's specially cushioned to absorb vibration -- so you'll never have to worry about tennis elbow again."

"Thank you, Doctor... it looks like a great racquet. But you see... I don't play tennis. Never have."

"His methodology was completely unorthodox."

"That's my favorite kind."

"I thought... if I could bring scientists from various cultures aboard the Enterprise... sit them down... help them understand the value of his ideas... well, it seemed like the right thing to do."

Sounds like the NG episode where a Ferengi doctor explains metaphasic shielding. He's murdered by another alien who pretends to be murdered himself. (His physiology allows him to simulate death.) I don't remember the tennis elbow stuff, though.

George

Correct- "Suspicions."

Dr Reyga was the Ferengi scientist who invented the metaphasic shield.

Dr Jo'Brill was the alien who faked his own death.

(It's easier to remember names if you have a set of the ST:TNG CCG.

I have a card for each of those guys. :) )

"I don't want you to get involved in this."

"Is that an order, doctor?"

"Yes!"

"Too bad you're not my boss anymore."

Dr Ogawa and Beverly, after Beverly was relieved of duty for violating a direct order.

"I think I've got a case of tennis elbow."

Opening scene for the episode.

Guinan went to Beverly for treatment, claiming she played Geordi.

She then got Beverly to talk about why she was being court-martialed,

which began the episode in flashback form.

"I did a little research... this is the latest design... state of the art... and it's specially cushioned to absorb vibration -- so you'll never have to worry about tennis elbow again."

"Thank you, Doctor... it looks like a great racquet. But you see... I don't play tennis. Never have."

Beverly and Guinan at the end. Beverly wanted to thank Guinan,

but Guinan never played tennis!

"His methodology was completely unorthodox."

"That's my favorite kind."

"I thought... if I could bring scientists from various cultures aboard the Enterprise... sit them down... help them understand the value of his ideas... well, it seemed like the right thing to do."

Beverly, at the beginning, describing Dr Reyga, and how she brought the scientists

to listen to him.

"You might as well try to outthink a calculating machine."

"Obviously I can't."

"Well, there's one difference between us: I'm hungry."

"The difference is your weakness, Captain, not mine."

"One at a time, gentlemen. Captain?"

"Eating is a pleasure, sir. Unfortunately one you will never know."

"Perhaps. But I will never starve, sir."

"You are certain you recognize his voice?"

"Have you ever been engaged?"

"Do you realize the number of discoveries lost because of superstition, of ignorance? A layman's inability to comprehend?"

George

I thought that this would be pretty easy, even after excising the names from the quotes. This will (should?) give it away:

"Mind your own business. I'm sick of your half-breed interference. Do you hear?"

"You might as well try to outthink a calculating machine."

"Obviously I can't."

"Well, there's one difference between us: I'm hungry."

"The difference is your weakness, Captain, not mine."

"One at a time, gentlemen. Captain?"

"Eating is a pleasure, sir. Unfortunately one you will never know."

"Perhaps. But I will never starve, sir."

"You are certain you recognize his voice?"

"Have you ever been engaged?"

"Do you realize the number of discoveries lost because of superstition, of ignorance? A layman's inability to comprehend?"

George