GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That puppet..."

"My alter ego, so to speak. In your culture, he would be Mr. Hyde to my Jekyll. You must admit, he's effective – you would never have been frightened by me. ... It was a pleasure testing you."

"Testing us?"

"I had to discover your real intentions."

"But you read our memory banks --"

"Your records could have been a deception on your part."

The reason I found it so funny was the puppet.

See, the Nitpicker's Guide to Classic Trek included, for each episode, a breakdown of

which scenes were shown at the end of the episode in the closing stills.

In season 1, the last pic was the (green) Orion slave girl from the series pilot/the Menagerie.

After a while, the writer started getting really creative in describing what was going on

in the last still.

The season 2 stills ended with the Blalok puppet, and the first one was described

something like

"the Blalok puppet, overjoyed because he just heard from his agent that he's replacing

Vima the slave girl in the second season's closing stills."

:biglaugh:

"... So the guy staggers to his feet and goes back to the girl. She smiles, looks him right in the eye and says "Just try that in hyperspace!""

"Ah, I see. So the difficulty in attaining such complex positioning in a zero gravity environment, coupled with the adverse effect it would have on the psychological well being of the average human male, is what makes this anecdote so amusing. Yes. Very humorous indeed. Hysterical, in fact."

"I am receiving a Code Forty-Seven."

No, it isn't. I actually could name it off the second quote. Knowing this group, I thought I might not be the only one.

I thought the first quote was interesting. I was reviewing quotes now, and my immediate response was

"'Hyperspace?' What's 'hyperspace'?"

That's in Star WARS- Star TREK has Warp Space, Warp Drive, and so on.

The sentence should have ended "at warp!"

"... So the guy staggers to his feet and goes back to the girl. She smiles, looks him right in the eye and says "Just try that in hyperspace!""

"Ah, I see. So the difficulty in attaining such complex positioning in a zero gravity environment, coupled with the adverse effect it would have on the psychological well being of the average human male, is what makes this anecdote so amusing. Yes. Very humorous indeed. Hysterical, in fact."

"Swimming is too much like bathing."

"You're using a Code Forty-Seven! I have to know what this is all about."

"Not over subspace. No."

"In a manner of speaking, it is nothing but a lifeless hunk of rock, a useless ball of mud, a worthless chunk of --"

"Thank you, Data. I get the idea."

"Not over subspace. No."

"In a manner of speaking, it is nothing but a lifeless hunk of rock, a useless ball of mud, a worthless chunk of --"

"Two are frigates: the Renegade commanded by Tryla Scott, and the Thomas Paine, Captain Rixx commanding."

"The third is just coming into range now, sir... It is an Ambassador Class heavy cruiser... The USS Horatio."

"Horatio?" "Isn't that Walker Keel's ship?"

"Do you recall the night you introduced Jack Crusher to Beverly?"

"You know full well I hadn't even met Beverly then. You introduced them."

"My brother introduced them."

"You don't have a brother -- two sisters, Anne and Melissa. Now what the hell's this all about?!"

OK. This is the NG episode where bug creatures from another galaxy have taken over key people in Starfleet. I think it's called "Conspiracy."

George

CORRECT!

And, as you know, the Code 47 wasn't used frivolously- just cryptically.

Geordi's trying to teach Data humor again.

Worf, like other Klingons, seems not to like water in general, other than for bathing.

"The Klingon Way" speculated that's why Worf considers prune juice "a warrior's drink"- it is nothing at all like water,

as beverages go.

Walker Keel sent a Code 47 Emergency Communique- no records are to be made of the communication.

"Not over subspace. No."

Keel wasn't taking ANY chances.

Keel says to rendezvous at Dytallix B's mining colony. (Abandoned mining colony.)

"Two are frigates: the Renegade commanded by Tryla Scott, and the Thomas Paine, Captain Rixx commanding."

"The third is just coming into range now, sir... It is an Ambassador Class heavy cruiser... The USS Horatio."

"Horatio?" "Isn't that Walker Keel's ship?"

There's three captains to meet with Admiral Keel, including Picard.

Rixx was the first Bolian we ever saw. Either he was not a purebreed Bolian, or there's variety in skintone among Bolians,

since he had human-color skin.

"Do you recall the night you introduced Jack Crusher to Beverly?"

"You know full well I hadn't even met Beverly then. You introduced them."

"My brother introduced them."

"You don't have a brother -- two sisters, Anne and Melissa. Now what the hell's this all about?!"

Keel noted the conspiracy had people forgetting things they should have remembered, so he played

"remember when" with Picard until he was sure he wasn't one of them.

The writers meant to follow up on this, and never got the chance. Some non-canon stories here and there have

been written with the parasites appearing again.

The early drafts didn't HAVE parasites-there was a literal conspiracy in Starfleet. Roddenberry squashed that flat-

he insisted Starfleet and the Federation would be nearly perfect. Supposedly, the first draft was going to be another

one of ST:TNG's failed "here's the moral of this story" episodes- commenting on Iran/Contra.

In hindsight, I'm glad that part was eliminated-NextGen NEVER made those stories work- with the possible exception

of "the Arsenal of Freedom."

This one will be a little tougher.

"Our mission is to make contact with those whom humans consider new life and new civilizations."

"The icon in that shrine is perched at an odd angle."

"Oddly perched, huh? We'd better call Starfleet Command."

George

"Don't get your antennas all up in a twist."

"I've heard Vulcan women force their men to fight to the death. Would you like me to kill someone for you?"

"Leave her alone."

"Would you like me to kill him?"

"Our mission is to make contact with those whom humans consider new life and new civilizations."

George

"Don't get your antennas all up in a twist."

"I've heard Vulcan women force their men to fight to the death. Would you like me to kill someone for you?"

"Leave her alone."

"Would you like me to kill him?"

George

Is this the Enterprise episode "P'Jem"?

So darn close.

I suppose I'll give it to you, because Enterprise episodes don't garner much attention. The episode was "The Andorian Incident," where we first meet the Andorians, finding out that they've been rivals of the Vulcans for a long time. The crew visits a Vulcan spiritual outpost, P'Jem, which has been attacked byAndorians. It turns out that it was really a big spy station, and that the Vulcans were spying on Andoria from there. (A follow-up episode was entitled "Shadows of P'Jem.")

Engage, Mr Steve!

George