GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

Correct!

That's indeed the episode. :) "Chrysalis"

The genetically-enhanced friends Bashir made in an earlier episode are back to bring one of them, Sarina, to Julian for him to try to cure her.

The quotes were from them, Bashir, Ezri, Nog and Sisko.

Your turn now, WordWolf. ;)

Edited by Maddy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Wolf 359 was the scene of a Borg battle with the Federation. So the reference to it may mean a later Borg battle.

And the series is obviously ST:DS9.

Apart from that, I don't recognize the episode.

On a side note - I just found out today about Star Trek: New Voyages - it has been an occasional series on the Sci-Fi channel since 2004 - about 1 episode per year. Has anyone else seen it or heard of it?

Well, Wolf 359 was the scene of a Borg battle with the Federation. So the reference to it may mean a later Borg battle.

On a side note - I just found out today about Star Trek: New Voyages - it has been an occasional series on the Sci-Fi channel since 2004 - about 1 episode per year. Has anyone else seen it or heard of it?

I actually think that this episode was near the climax of the Dominion War. (I don't think the Borg ever appeared at DS9 except for maybe a Sisko flashback.)

I saw "New Voyages" listed on the G4 channel, but whenever I tuned in, it was something else. Here's a link to the IMDb listing: New Voyages

George

Or, you know, there might be something else memorable about the battle at Wolf 359 other than the Borg were

involved....

Or, you know...oh, heck, yes it is.

Yet.

"Sounds like Wolf 359 all over again."

"Home, I want to go home!"

"And you will, as soon as this is over I promise I will take you back to Deep Space 9."

"No, not the station."

"Why are you helping us?"

"Because no Changeling has ever harmed another."

"He was literally speechless -- a rare event."

"I remember wanting to invent charges of treason against him just so I didn't have to hear his voice again."

"You would've done it, too, if I hadn't held you back. You had quite a vicious streak in those days."

"I learned from the best."

"No, no. You had a gift. I never met anyone else who relished a good interrogation as much as you did. Do you remember getting that confession out of Doctor Parmak?"

"I never even touched him."

"That was the beauty of it. You just sat there for -- what, three hours?"

"Four."

"And after four hours of watching you stare at him... he confessed."

"I was good, wasn't I?"

"You were brilliant. Afterwards, he just kept saying...'His eyes... his eyes...' "

The last exchange could be between Garak and Elim, but I'm still not getting the episode.

George

Sorry, but I think you may mean Elim Garak and Enabran Tain... I know Garak had joked about Elim being his best friend, but as Bashir found out later on, Elim is Garak's first name. :redface:

"And you will, as soon as this is over I promise I will take you back to Deep Space 9."

"No, not the station."

"I remember wanting to invent charges of treason against him just so I didn't have to hear his voice again."

"You would've done it, too, if I hadn't held you back. You had quite a vicious streak in those days."

"No, no. You had a gift. I never met anyone else who relished a good interrogation as much as you did. Do you remember getting that confession out of Doctor Parmak?"

"Four."

"I was good, wasn't I?"

"You were brilliant. Afterwards, he just kept saying...'His eyes... his eyes...' "

"No wonder the Romulans haven't conquered the galaxy. No one can stomach their cuisine."

"We can still defend ourselves. I didn't damage any of the ship's weapon systems or the engines. But without the cloak, we'll have to return to DS Nine."

"No, not the station."

"Four."

"I was good, wasn't I?"

"No wonder the Romulans haven't conquered the galaxy. No one can stomach their cuisine."

"We can still defend ourselves. I didn't damage any of the ship's weapon systems or the engines. But without the cloak, we'll have to return to DS Nine."

"This has nothing to do with my "friends" or my "feelings." I simply don't believe he has the information you want."

"Talk to me, Odo... tell me something -- anything! Lie if you have to! But say it -- now.

Please."

"No, not the station."

"Four."

"I was good, wasn't I?"

"This has nothing to do with my "friends" or my "feelings." I simply don't believe he has the information you want."

"Talk to me, Odo... tell me something -- anything! Lie if you have to! But say it -- now.

Please."

"I want to take Odo back to Romulus for further study."

"Open fire."

"The first barrage has hit the surface..."

"Effect?"

"Thirty percent of the planetary crust destroyed on opening volley...

No change in lifeform readings."

"What? That's impossible. Some of them had to be killed."

"I'm afraid the fault, dear Tain, is not in our stars... but in ourselves."

"What?"

"Just something I learned from Doctor Bashir."

OK. Some of it's coming back. I think Garak was torturing Odo for information (at Tain's prodding?), or, rather, pleading with him to say something so he could STOP the torture. There was also an attack on the Founders' homeworld which failed, I think, because the "homeworld" being attacked was an illusion.

George

OK. Some of it's coming back. I think Garak was torturing Odo for information (at Tain's prodding?), or, rather, pleading with him to say something so he could STOP the torture. There was also an attack on the Founders' homeworld which failed, I think, because the "homeworld" being attacked was an illusion.

George

Bingo.

"the Die is Cast."

The Cardassian Obsidian Order and the Romulan Tal Shiar teamed up to

perform a "black ops" operation- a cloaked ship blitz to destroy the Founders' homeworld.

The Founders found out early on, faked the homeworld, and encouraged the operation-

only to have Jem'haddar fighters in the hundreds swarm the combined fleet.

This ended them as a threat to the Founders.

Odo was prevented from changing form, thus slowly dying as Garak tried to

interrogate him. Odo said something at the end about wanting to return to the

Great Link, then collapsed. Garak reported that he never broke.

(Both Taim and the Romulans expected his interrogation.)

Here's how the quotes came down...

The Defiant's crew, watching the Founders' force massacre the fleet the way

the Borg massacred the Fed's fleet at Wolf 359.

"No, not the station."

Odo, dying, confessing a desire to return to the Great Link, to Garak.

The "Romulan" (Changeling) who saved Odo's life.

"Four."

"I was good, wasn't I?"

Taim and Garak, reminiscing.

Taim, complaining about having to eat Romulan food while on one of

their capital ships.

Eddington (did ANY of you ever trust him? I didn't), after he sabotaged the Defiant

so it supposedly couldn't be used to defy orders and look for Odo.

Garak, saying further interrogation of Odo would be a waste of time.

Please."

Garak, trying to find some pretext to end Odo's torture.

"I want to take Odo back to Romulus for further study."

The "Romulan", planning on getting Odo away.

"Open fire."

"The first barrage has hit the surface..."

"Effect?"

"Thirty percent of the planetary crust destroyed on opening volley...

No change in lifeform readings."

"What? That's impossible. Some of them had to be killed."

The first clue the whole thing was a trap.

"I'm afraid the fault, dear Tain, is not in our stars... but in ourselves."

"What?"

"Just something I learned from Doctor Bashir."

Garak and Taim, realizing they'd been royally "had".

"Whoever you are, you just ruined four hours of work."

"You might've taken the simple precaution of locking the door."

"It's three o'clock in the morning --"

"I'm trying to construct a mathematical model of an emerging star system. If it works, we'll be able to predict the configuration of a star system that won't be formed for another two million years."

"A long time to wait to see if you're right."

"I have a few things to do between now and then!"

George

Is that the one where that guy plays games of baseball in his head (moron!) and he's attacked by the nanites that Wesley allowed to escape, after they started mating, and they "ate" all of the memory of the ship's computer?

I'm pretty sure it isn't.

And if a guy wants to play baseball in his head, hey, it's ok.

If he has access to a holodeck, and recordings and so on, he's "eccentric".