GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

"Thank you, Lads."

"We've got to get Franklin out of there."

"You've changed the resonator array... only three phase inverters..."

"You were saying earlier that you were on your way to the Norpin Colony when you had a warp engine failure..."

"That's right. We had an overload in one of the plasma transfer conduits. The Captain brought us out of warp... we hit some gravimetric interference and then there it was, as big as life..."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the one with Scottie.

More specifically, that's the NG episode, "Relics," featuring Scottie, who has been in a transporter buffer for about 75 years. My favorite line is Data's, when Scottie tries to get a real drink in 10 Forward. Data pulls out an old bottle. Scottie asks him what it is, and he says, "It is...green." A clever homage to Scottie's line in the OS episode "By Any Other Name."

Steve! is up.

George

I hope I am not off topic, but its related actor ricardo montalban who played khan in the 1967 space seed on the orginal 1960's series passed away. When star trek 2 came out I thought he did a fine job. and helped to revive the series. He was know for other roles. In my opnion the was the best preformance he gave in his career.

I hope I am not off topic, but its related actor ricardo montalban who played khan in the 1967 space seed on the orginal 1960's series passed away. When star trek 2 came out I thought he did a fine job. and helped to revive the series. He was know for other roles. In my opnion the was the best preformance he gave in his career.

He did a fine job in both the episode "Space Seed" and "Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan."

Some often-deleted scenes show his character (in "Space Seed") to be rather clever and manipulative,

showing he's more dangerous than he appears.

He will be missed. Of course, I also miss his "Fantasy Island".

(And the other one, for that matter, but this is about him.)

That's the one with Scottie.
More specifically, that's the NG episode, "Relics," featuring Scottie, who has been in a transporter buffer for about 75 years. My favorite line is Data's, when Scottie tries to get a real drink in 10 Forward. Data pulls out an old bottle. Scottie asks him what it is, and he says, "It is...green." A clever homage to Scottie's line in the OS episode "By Any Other Name."

Steve! is up.

George

Yes to all that. Steve! is up.

"I can’t understand why it always gives you pleasure to see me proven wrong."

"An emotional earth weakness of mine."

"Where am I?"

"You're in bed, holding a knife at your doctor's throat."

"I grow... fatigued again. Perhaps we could continue this questioning some other time."

Interesting. I thought I was the only one who even remembered Malcolm McDowall's version of Roarke, much less remebered it fondly!

George

I thought the same. No one seems to like that version. I have to say it was a bit more odd than the original, but I like it all the same.

"Engine efficiency is down another fifteen percent. If we don't get more power to the warp drive, we're all going to have to get out and push."

"Now I know how Hippocrates felt when the King needed him to trim a hangnail."

"I will never cease to be amazed at the Human capacity for hyperbole."

George

"Wait a minute, wait. Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. We were cruising along at warp seven. Then, we picked up a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now, you're saying that the other ship is actually just a reflection of us and that the distress call is actually just the Captain's opening hail. But we picked up the distress call before she sent the hail. How could we have been seeing a reflection of something we hadn't even done yet? Am I making any sense here?"

"No, but that's OK."

"I didn't even come close to hitting him that hard."

"So on the one side, I'm facing a Vulcan who wants court martial you. And on the other, I'm facing all the Maquis who are ready to seize this ship over this. You've turned this into one lousy day for me, Torres!"

"Engine efficiency is down another fifteen percent. If we don't get more power to the warp drive, we're all going to have to get out and push."

"Now I know how Hippocrates felt when the King needed him to trim a hangnail."

"I will never cease to be amazed at the Human capacity for hyperbole."

George

"Wait a minute, wait. Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. We were cruising along at warp seven. Then, we picked up a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now, you're saying that the other ship is actually just a reflection of us and that the distress call is actually just the Captain's opening hail. But we picked up the distress call before she sent the hail. How could we have been seeing a reflection of something we hadn't even done yet? Am I making any sense here?"

"No, but that's OK."

Ok, this is one of the few Voyager episodes I've ever seen.

Voyager was trapped in a spatial version of a causality loop.

The thing didn't actually start, but it went on infinitely-

they detected a distress call, and went to investigate, finding an Intrepid-class ship like Voyager.

They investigate, and get caught in a loop in space.

(Drop a signal marker, go in a straight line, then run into the signal marker.)

They also had a shuttlecraft trying to land on the present-time Voyager rather than the past-time Voyager

so both could exit the whatever-they-called-it, paradox bubble is what I'll call it.

Could have just had the shuttlecraft fly out too, but, hey, added pointless drama to the script.

I appreciate that even Paris realized this didn't work and there was no origin-point that triggered the loop.

"Captain."

"Mister Data.

Bridge."

"It has been quite a day, has it not?"

"Yes it has."

"However, a change of routine is often invigorating and can be a welcome diversion after a long assignment."

"Exactly."

"I understand that Arkaria has some very interesting weather patterns."

"Data -- are you alright?"

"Yes, sir. I was attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation."

"Small talk?"

"Yes, sir. I have found that humans often make 'small talk' during awkward moments. Therefore, I have written a new subroutine designed for that purpose. How did I do?"

"Perhaps it was a little too... non-relevant. However, if you're interested in small talk keep your eye on Commander Hutchinson during the reception this afternoon...... he's a master."

I forget the title, but this was the NG episode where three criminals try to steal something from the Enterprise while it's being decontaminated at a spaceport. Picard goes back on board to get his saddle and winds up foiling the plot. Everyone else was on the spaceport at a party, hosted by the infamous Cmd. Hutchinson, who had an unparalleled capacity for small talk.

That is, until he met Data. :)

George

I forget the title, but this was the NG episode where three criminals try to steal something from the Enterprise while it's being decontaminated at a spaceport. Picard goes back on board to get his saddle and winds up foiling the plot. Everyone else was on the spaceport at a party, hosted by the infamous Cmd. Hutchinson, who had an unparalleled capacity for small talk.

That is, until he met Data. :)

George

Right.

We heard the famous line "A horse is a horse" (of course, of course),

and Picard claims to be Mr Mot, the ship's barber,

and Tim Russ plays a criminal

The episode title is "Starship Mine."

Your turn!

"Where did you get the idea that being short and awkward is some kind of wonderful gift?"

"The Enterprise computer system is controlled by three primary main processor cords, cross-linked with redundant melocore's ramistat, fourteen kiloquads interface modules. The core element is based on an FTL nanoprocessor with 25 bilateral kelolactorals, with twenty of those being slaved into the primary Heisenfram terminal. Now, you do know what a bilateral kelolactoral is?"

"O-Of course I do, human. I am not stupid!"

"Of course not. This is the isopolavial interface, which controls the main pheromental drive unit - don't touch that! You'll blow up the entire pheromental drive."

"Oh, what, er...wait, er, what is a...a...a pheromental drive? Just explain it to me."

"That is the pheromental drive unit. It controls the ramistat core and keeps the Ontarian manifold at 40,000 KRGs. The pheromental drive is powered by..."

George

"This is the first time these Jefferies-tubes haven't seemed cramped."

"How much farther do we have to go?"

"About fifteen meters... Don't tell me you're tired!"

"I'm not as young as I used to be."

"I want my father, I want my father!"

"Where did you get the idea that being short and awkward is some kind of wonderful gift?"

"The Enterprise computer system is controlled by three primary main processor cords, cross-linked with redundant melocore's ramistat, fourteen kiloquads interface modules. The core element is based on an FTL nanoprocessor with 25 bilateral kelolactorals, with twenty of those being slaved into the primary Heisenfram terminal. Now, you do know what a bilateral kelolactoral is?"

"O-Of course I do, human. I am not stupid!"

"Of course not. This is the isopolavial interface, which controls the main pheromental drive unit - don't touch that! You'll blow up the entire pheromental drive."

"Oh, what, er...wait, er, what is a...a...a pheromental drive? Just explain it to me."

"That is the pheromental drive unit. It controls the ramistat core and keeps the Ontarian manifold at 40,000 KRGs. The pheromental drive is powered by..."

George

Ok, since no one else is going to take it....

This is called, IIRC, "RASCALS."

It's a NextGen episode where a transporter accident makes Picard, Guinan, Ro Laren, Keiko O'Brien children again.

While they're kids, a handful of Ferengi, and their ship- manage to take the Federation's flagship prisoner.

The kids are able to use their appearance as kids to turn the tables on the Ferengi.

Ensign Ro HATED her childhood the FIRST time, and considered this a virtual prison sentence.

Guinan-an adult for the last several hundred years- treated it like a vacation.

Keiko was married with a child- and Miles was REALLY in a bad position no matter WHAT he did.

Picard COULD have returned to the Academy, followed Archeology for a decade, "and still become the youngest

Admiral in Starfleet history", but he wasn't able to accept the sudden step down.

(He wasn't married or in a relationship, and had no dependents. Many people in his position would be THRILLED

to return to the Academy, get a new degree, and gain another 30-40 years of relative youth.)

Riker bought some time with the Ferengi by explaining the Enterprise's system- using the most technical language

and technobabble to just confuse the Ferengi he instructed.

Picard DID figure out the only way to get computer functions was to pretend to be Riker's son, and throw a tantrum

if he couldn't see his father immediately.

A young Alexander Rozhenko was also quite instrumental in carrying out their plans.

(As he got older, he seemed to lose all his agility and dexterity though- the kid who snuck around HERE became

a teen who drops things all the time in Klingon warships.