GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

"Inquiry- the word 'snoop'?"

"Data, how can you be programmed as a virtual encyclopedia of human information without knowing a simple word like 'snoop'?"

"Possibility... a kind of human behavior I was not designed to emulate?"

"It means 'to spy, to sneak' ... "

"Ah! To seek covertly, to go stealthily, to slink, slither..."

"Exactly, yes."

"... to glide, creep, skulk, pussyfoot, gumshoe ..."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Inquiry- the word 'snoop'?"

"Data, how can you be programmed as a virtual encyclopedia of human information without knowing a simple word like 'snoop'?"

"Possibility... a kind of human behavior I was not designed to emulate?"

"It means 'to spy, to sneak' ... "

"Ah! To seek covertly, to go stealthily, to slink, slither..."

"Exactly, yes."

"... to glide, creep, skulk, pussyfoot, gumshoe ..."

"Actually, the issue at stake is patriotism. You must return to your world and put an end to the communists. All it takes is a few good men. "

"He's using our shuttlecraft to transfer an admiral over to the Hood."

"An admiral?"

"He's been aboard all day, sir, checking over medical layout."

Even earlier than I thought.

"Encounter at Farpoint." (The admiral was McCoy.)

George

It is indeed.

================

"Did you hear Wesley almost got kicked out of the academy? They caught him smoking pot!"

"Pot?

Ah. Marijuana - a narcotic obtained from the hemp plant. Cannabis. Weed. Mary Jane. Grass. Reefer. Panama red..."

No, wait, that's not an episode quote.

Your turn, George. :)

"Did you hear Wesley almost got kicked out of the academy? They caught him smoking pot!"

"Pot?

Ah. Marijuana - a narcotic obtained from the hemp plant. Cannabis. Weed. Mary Jane. Grass. Reefer. Panama red..."

No, wait, that's not an episode quote.

Reminds me of the old Cheech and Chong cut "Sgt. Stedanko." :lol:

Quote later...

George

"If I had to get treatment for something serious, if I needed surgery for instance, would he be performing it?"

"Of course and quite expertly, too."

"I don't know. I'd have to think twice about that."

"Fine, and if you're lucky, you wouldn't die on the table while you were making up your mind."

"Captain, I did not want to mention this until after our guest had left. I checked the computer's databanks for a Romulan scientist named Telek R'Mor."

"And?"

"I'm sorry to report that Doctor R'Mor died in 2367."

George

Let's see.

Male doctor eliminates ST:TNG.

The year eliminates that prequel show we never watched.

IIRC, TOS is also eliminated with that year reference.

That leaves DS9 or Voyager with male doctors (Bashir or the EMH.)

I'm dubious about it being Voyager- not because we didn't watch it much,

but references to Romulans in the Delta Quadrant are rare.

So, I think it's DS9, but that's all I have so far.

"If that's a wormhole, it must be the smallest one on record."

"Are you able to analyze it?"

"Aye, Captain, it's virtually microscopic. The aperture is only thirty centimeters in diameter."

"I guess it's a little too small for us to fly through."

"If I had to get treatment for something serious, if I needed surgery for instance, would he be performing it?"

"Of course and quite expertly, too."

"I don't know. I'd have to think twice about that."

"Fine, and if you're lucky, you wouldn't die on the table while you were making up your mind."

"Captain, I did not want to mention this until after our guest had left. I checked the computer's databanks for a Romulan scientist named Telek R'Mor."

"And?"

"I'm sorry to report that Doctor R'Mor died in 2367."

George

I'm dubious about it being Voyager- not because we didn't watch it much,

but references to Romulans in the Delta Quadrant are rare.

That's because (if I'm not mistaken) that it IS Voyager, but the Romulan they are speaking of WASN'T in the Delta Quadrant.

I may be wrong, but that could be the episode where they found one tiny wormhole and since it couldn't fit the ship they ended up sending communications and contacted a Romulan patrolling some space at the other end of the wormhole. What they didn't realise until later is that the wormhole not only travelled in space but also in time, so the guy they contacted was long dead by the time they left DS9 in pursuit of the maquis' ship.

Let's see...

"Without your assistance at our last encounter, I never would have survived. I would have taken my own life but for you, Jean-Luc."

"We all make mistakes."

"Any idea what he's up to?"

"He wants to do something nice for me."

"I'll alert the crew."

"And he never spoke to you about me?"

"Not that I can recall."

"Not even a hint?"

"You must understand, the Captain is a very... Private man."

"Private man. I know..."

And Worf's busting up of Geordi's lute in an homage to "Animal House" was memorable, too!

New episode:

"All of my old friends look like doctors – all of his... look like you."

"Counsels will direct their remarks to the bench!"

"Oh, I'd be delighted to, sir, now that I have something HUMAN to talk about! Rights, sir – HUMAN rights! The Bible. The Code of Hammurabi. And of Justinian. The Magna Carta. The Constitution of the United States. The Fundamental Declarations of the Martian Colonies. The Statutes of Alpha III. Gentlemen, these documents all speak of RIGHTS! Rights of the accused to a trial by his peers, to be represented by counsel, the rights of cross-examination, but most importantly, the right to be confronted by the witnesses against him – a right to which my client has been denied!"

George

That second quote is definitely from the original series.

I need to let the details surface in my brain.

Ok, they surfaced.

Kirk was on trial for killing a crewman. But the crewman faked his own death,

and faked the footage of Kirk pushing the button.

They moved the trial to the Enterprise, and McCoy used a common microphone/delicate medical instrument

to delete the sounds of their heartbeats, leaving the sound of one heartbeat on the ship-

the "dead guy".

"I've gotta try to set the record straight about the last fifty-two hours. I don't know who's gonna hear this. I don't even know if I'll be alive by the time this log is recovered. I figure they'll be coming after me."

"I wish I could tell you who they are. That's part of the puzzle I haven't figured out. Part of the puzzle, hell. None of this whole damn thing makes any sense."

"The minstrel boy to the war is gone... In the ranks of death you'll find him... His father's sword he hath girded on, And... "

""The minstrel boy to the war is gone... In the ranks of death you'll find him... His father's sword he hath girded on, And his wild harp slung behind him... Land of song, said the warrior bard, Tho all the world betrays thee, One sword at least thy rights shall guard, One faithful harp shall praise thee."

"They'd even broken into my personal logs to see what they could find in there. I hope they enjoyed reading the sexy letters to my wife."

"It's always good business to know about new customers before they walk in your door."

"Yeah... ? Which Rule of Acquisition is that?"

"Oh, one of the high numbers... one ninety-four, I think..."

Was this the Voyager episode where they ran into the Ferengi who got lost in the Delta Quadrant on a NG episode? Neelix pretends to be a Ferengi and doesn't know all the Rules of A. Paris is about the only married officer I can think of (except Worf, I guess, but he wouldn't have written any "sexy letters" to Dax). I believe the episode was "False Profits."

George

Was this the Voyager episode where they ran into the Ferengi who got lost in the Delta Quadrant on a NG episode? Neelix pretends to be a Ferengi and doesn't know all the Rules of A. Paris is about the only married officer I can think of (except Worf, I guess, but he wouldn't have written any "sexy letters" to Dax). I believe the episode was "False Profits."

George

It's not Voyager.

Think harder.

I can't think of any married officers other than Worf, either, but it's very unlikely he would have

written "sexy letters" to Dax, I agree.

"I've gotta try to set the record straight about the last fifty-two hours. I don't know who's gonna hear this. I don't even know if I'll be alive by the time this log is recovered. I figure they'll be coming after me."

"I wish I could tell you who they are. That's part of the puzzle I haven't figured out. Part of the puzzle, hell. None of this whole damn thing makes any sense."

"The minstrel boy to the war is gone... In the ranks of death you'll find him... His father's sword he hath girded on, And... "

""The minstrel boy to the war is gone... In the ranks of death you'll find him... His father's sword he hath girded on, And his wild harp slung behind him... Land of song, said the warrior bard, Tho all the world betrays thee, One sword at least thy rights shall guard, One faithful harp shall praise thee."

"They'd even broken into my personal logs to see what they could find in there. I hope they enjoyed reading the sexy letters to my wife."

"It's always good business to know about new customers before they walk in your door."

"Yeah... ? Which Rule of Acquisition is that?"

"Oh, one of the high numbers... one ninety-four, I think..."

"I'd call Starfleet but what would I tell them... my wife doesn't seem like my wife..."

"Turn the ship around and go back. You will not be harmed."

"Everything you need to understand is behind this door. "

"Listen to him. He's not your enemy. We're not your enemy... "

Of course. Chief O'Brien was married, too. This was the DS9 episode where O'Brien thinks there's some massive conspiracy, with everyone, including Keiko, in on it. Actually, he wasn't the real O'Brien,but a doppelganger who THOUGHT he was O'Brien.

George