GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the NG episode (I think the title was "Survivors") where an old man and his wife were the only supposed survivors of an alien attack on their planet? The attack actually killed his wife, and in retaliation he had destroyed the whole alien race. His wife, home, etc., were essentially illusions created by the man.

George

Is this the NG episode (I think the title was "Survivors") where an old man and his wife were the only supposed survivors of an alien attack on their planet? The attack actually killed his wife, and in retaliation he had destroyed the whole alien race. His wife, home, etc., were essentially illusions created by the man.

George

It is not. And the man's name in that was "Kevin Uxbridge."

(I remember it because the collectible card game had a card for him,

and it was cross-referenced on a few other cards.)

"This is a mistake."

"Good Lord, Martin, what would you have me do?"

"Anything that would keep them out of here."

"We have nothing to hide."

"We have a great deal to lose."

"What is that... ?"

"It's them... Look at this, Martin..."

"Think of it another way -- are there still people in your society who have not discovered who they really are or what they're meant to do with their lives... ? They may be in the wrong job... they may be writing bad poetry. Even worse, there may be great poets working as laborers, never to be discovered. That does not happen here."

"This is in direct violation of the intentions of our founders, Aaron..."

"I don't think they intended us to die, Martin."

"This is a mistake."

"What is that... ?"

"Think of it another way -- are there still people in your society who have not discovered who they really are or what they're meant to do with their lives... ? They may be in the wrong job... they may be writing bad poetry. Even worse, there may be great poets working as laborers, never to be discovered. That does not happen here."

"We have immeasurably extended the potential of humanity -- physically, psychologically -- we have evolved beyond... beyond..."

"Beyond us..."

"Thank you, Martin... Perhaps you've also made it clear that we still have a few imperfections we're working on..."

"If we do not survive, the balance of our society won't mean a great deal... will it?"

"This is a mistake."

"What is that... ?"

"We have immeasurably extended the potential of humanity -- physically, psychologically -- we have evolved beyond... beyond..."

"Beyond us..."

"Thank you, Martin... Perhaps you've also made it clear that we still have a few imperfections we're working on..."

"If we do not survive, the balance of our society won't mean a great deal... will it?"

"I'll tell you the truth... and I'll deny it if you tell Martin... but today has been exhilarating... meeting you, meeting new people, with new ideas..."

"I feel the same about being here... I'm something of a student of Human nature... I find this all fascinating... "

"A nursery rhyme my mother used to read to me has been running round and round my mind since this all began..."

"A nursery rhyme?"

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall... Humpty Dumpty had a great fall... "

"All the King's horses and all the King's Men... Couldn't put Humpty together again."

"Why do we tell our children such ghastly stories?"

"Perhaps to prepare them for times like these."

"We are every bit as fragile as an egg and as impossible to reconstruct... integrated and refined to such a degree that any fundamental change would lead to chaos...

Nobody ever talks about how the King feels about being so... helpless... "

"This is a mistake."

"What is that... ?"

"Beyond us..."

"I'll tell you the truth... and I'll deny it if you tell Martin... but today has been exhilarating... meeting you, meeting new people, with new ideas..."

"I feel the same about being here... I'm something of a student of Human nature... I find this all fascinating... "

"A nursery rhyme my mother used to read to me has been running round and round my mind since this all began..."

"A nursery rhyme?"

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall... Humpty Dumpty had a great fall... "

"All the King's horses and all the King's Men... Couldn't put Humpty together again."

"Why do we tell our children such ghastly stories?"

"Perhaps to prepare them for times like these."

"We are every bit as fragile as an egg and as impossible to reconstruct... integrated and refined to such a degree that any fundamental change would lead to chaos...

Nobody ever talks about how the King feels about being so... helpless... "

"Sure. With some modifications...

Oh, this would be perfect... "

"What... ?"

"If the answer to all this is in a VISOR created for a blind man... who never would have existed in your society. No offense intended."

"I could fall in love with you, Aaron. So easily. But we both know the end of that story, don't we? How would Martin feel about introducing half-Betazoid DNA into the genetic balance?"

"We mean you no harm. We must warn you that your planet is about to experience massive seismic disruptions due to an approaching stellar core fragment. No structure will be able to withstand them."

"Captain, I don't want to be rude but we don't wish to interact with outsiders. I have only responded because of your warning. "

"They've managed to turn a dubious scientific endeavor into dogma... "

"I was born to be one of the best scientific minds of my generation. But in the past five days, I have encountered technology that I have barely imagined. I've got to ask myself... If we're so brilliant... how come we didn't invent any of these things?"

"Maybe necessity really is the mother of invention. You don't always look for something until you need it."

Could it be The Masterpiece Society?

I have a vague idea of an episode where people lived under a dome that was going to/had suffer some damage because of something going on on the planet and Geordi's VISOR being what discovered the damage. Or something like that.

I'm not very sure, but if it is, please someone take my turn.

Could it be The Masterpiece Society?

I have a vague idea of an episode where people lived under a dome that was going to/had suffer some damage because of something going on on the planet and Geordi's VISOR being what discovered the damage. Or something like that.

CORRECT!

"Masterpiece Society" was about a closed system, a planet where everyone was

a clone of their predecessor, and a defined role in society.

They sealed themselves under a dome- which is fine until something REALLY big

approaches your planet. Using Starfleet tech, they were able to reinforce

the dome, and use the Enterprise to push the thing further away from the

planet.

(Why they didn't try SOONER to push it, thus changing the course, is beyond me.

Even a TENTH of a degree, a lot SOONER, would have made a large course change

if done soon enough. Instead, they have to move it a LOT at the last minute._

I'm not very sure, but if it is, please someone take my turn.

Aw.

Since no one took the turn... here are quotes!

"I can see it now. Two hundred people jammed into our quarters... eating, drinking... laughing."

"Sounds awful. What if I promise you there'll be absolutely no laughter?"

"No, I mean it. You won't see a single smile the entire evening. It'll be the grimmest party you've ever been to. No smiling -- or you won't be invited."

"When do you want to have this party?"

"Next week. And I was thinking... maybe we should give the evening a theme."

"She was a striking woman, your Mother. Though when I met her, she was very self-conscious about that small scar along the side of her face. She used to try to cover it up with a strand of hair."

"Well done. I can hardly believe that you're the same women I met yesterday. In fact -- you're not. Your old lives have ended. Your pasts have been erased. You have one purpose and one purpose only: to provide comfort and care to the Cardassian officers stationed here. Do that well, and you'll want for nothing. Fail, and you and your family will be sent to a labor camp."

Obviously DS9. The second quote could be Dukat speaking with his daughter, but otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

George

You're half right about that. :)

"I can see it now. Two hundred people jammed into our quarters... eating, drinking... laughing."

"No, I mean it. You won't see a single smile the entire evening. It'll be the grimmest party you've ever been to. No smiling -- or you won't be invited."

"She was a striking woman, your Mother. Though when I met her, she was very self-conscious about that small scar along the side of her face. She used to try to cover it up with a strand of hair."

"Well done. I can hardly believe that you're the same women I met yesterday. In fact -- you're not. Your old lives have ended. Your pasts have been erased. You have one purpose and one purpose only: to provide comfort and care to the Cardassian officers stationed here. Do that well, and you'll want for nothing. Fail, and you and your family will be sent to a labor camp."

"Why do you keep doing that?"

"What?"

"Helping me. First, at the refugee center and now here..."

"I don't have many friends."

"Well, you have one now."

"She's moving up in the world. Your friend must have hidden talents I wasn't aware of. Our beloved Prefect has "invited" her to share his quarters."

"Let me get this straight... there's two hundred of us, trapped inside some crumbling, old mission... surrounded by two thousand enemy troops?"

"That's right."

"And we win?"

"No, we lose."

"Why on Earth would you want to play a program where we lose?"

Is this the one where Major Kira is kidnapped and altered to look like a Cardassian?

No.

"I only hope you won't condemn us all for the boorish behavior of one man."

"How'd you know he was going to say that?"

"Let's just say this is not the first performance I've seen of this little melodrama. That woman should consider herself fortunate. She's caught the Prefect's eye. As of now, she's off limits to the rest of us."

I've been trying to come up with the details of some episode.

I'm not sure, but it might have been one of those famous Orbs that transported Kira back in

time to Terak Nor when it was still an ore-processing plant.

She met her mother- and Dukat had claimed her mother had been a "comfort-woman"

to some Cardassian officer or something.

That's the best I can do for now.

I've been trying to come up with the details of some episode.

I'm not sure, but it might have been one of those famous Orbs that transported Kira back in

time to Terak Nor when it was still an ore-processing plant.

She met her mother- and Dukat had claimed her mother had been a "comfort-woman"

to some Cardassian officer or something.

That's the best I can do for now.

Correct!

That's the episode. Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night.

Kira goes back in time to know the truth about her mother after Dukat tells her that she was his lover for years before dying.

Let's see... the quotes go like this...

Jadzia and Worf. She's trying to plan a party, he is not happy about it.

Dukat, telling Nerys about Meru.

The speach the Bajoran women chose to be comfort-ladies had to endure.

"Why do you keep doing that?"

"What?"

"Helping me. First, at the refugee center and now here..."

"I don't have many friends."

"Well, you have one now."

Meru and Nerys.

"She's moving up in the world. Your friend must have hidden talents I wasn't aware of. Our beloved Prefect has "invited" her to share his quarters."

A Cardassian talking with Nerys about Meru.

"Let me get this straight... there's two hundred of us, trapped inside some crumbling, old mission... surrounded by two thousand enemy troops?"

"That's right."

"And we win?"

"No, we lose."

"Why on Earth would you want to play a program where we lose?"

Julian trying to understand why O'Brien wants to recreate in the holosuite the Alamo battle.

"How'd you know he was going to say that?"

"Let's just say this is not the first performance I've seen of this little melodrama. That woman should consider herself fortunate. She's caught the Prefect's eye. As of now, she's off limits to the rest of us."

A Cardassian legate talking with Nerys about Dukat and Meru.

Edited by Maddy