GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

It is not that episode.

"Your choice in that arpeggio was delightful - not at all what one would expect."

"Well, Captain, now that I'm on your ship, maybe you should expect the unexpected."

"Whoever you are, you just ruined four hours of work."

"You might've taken the simple precaution of locking the door."

"It's three o'clock in the morning --"

"I'm trying to construct a mathematical model of an emerging star system. If it works, we'll be able to predict the configuration of a star system that won't be formed for another two million years."

"A long time to wait to see if you're right."

"I have a few things to do between now and then!"

George

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that's the one where Picard has a relationship with the new head of stellar cartography, and has to send her on an away mission where she almost gets burned to death, and then tells her that there's no way that he'll ever put her at risk again.

She's also the first one that he shares music with.

These quotes will make it more obvious.

"Doctor, the ship's temperature is becoming increasingly cold. I've adjusted the temperature in my quarters to 125 degrees which is at least tolerable, and..."

"Well, I can see I'm not gonna make any house calls on you!"

"I was wondering if there was something which could lower my sensitivity to cold."

"I'm not a magician. Just an old country doctor."

"Yes, as I always suspected."

"Send a message to Starfleet Command. Code Two."

"But..."

"CODE TWO!"

"I don't know what's causing it. Virus, bacteria or evil spirits, but I'm trying to find out."

"I fail to understand why my orders are repeatedly being questioned!"

George

"Let me know if we contact any Romulans."

(the Enterprise takes a hit)

"I think we just made contact, sir."

"Captain, I just wanted you to know I did what I thought was best."

"Noted. You should know, however, that there are very few things a Starbase can do that a starship can't."

"If I may say, Captain, so I am now quite aware of what a starship can do--with the right man at the helm."

"Doctor, the ship's temperature is becoming increasingly cold. I've adjusted the temperature in my quarters to 125 degrees which is at least tolerable, and..."

"I was wondering if there was something which could lower my sensitivity to cold."

"But..."

"CODE TWO!"

"I don't know what's causing it. Virus, bacteria or evil spirits, but I'm trying to find out."

I'll be incommunicado for the next two days. If you get it, feel free to post a new epeisode.

George

Oh, come on! This is easy!

"Adrenaline!"

"Noted. You should know, however, that there are very few things a Starbase can do that a starship can't."

"If I may say, Captain, so I am now quite aware of what a starship can do--with the right man at the helm."

"But..."

"CODE TWO!"

George

Right series, wrong episode. (There were no Romulans in "Amok Time.")

"Well then we have no choice but to surrender."

"Sir, the Romulans do not take captives."

"'Give us some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov, breathe deeply, Chekov! Blood samples, Chekov; Marrow samples, Chekov; Skin samples, Chekov.' If, If, I live long enough, I'm going to run out of samples."

"You'll live."

"Oh yes I'll live, but I won't enjoy it."

"Because of your Vulcan metabolism, I've prepared an extremely potent shot. However you'll be pleased to know I have removed all the breakables from sickbay."

"That is very considerate of you, Doctor."

"Adrenaline!"

"But..."

"CODE TWO!"

George

This story line was done in TOS and TNG....it's Naked Time or Naked Now or something like that, I think.

The references to Chekov makes this "the Naked Time."

"The Naked Now" was the "sequel."

Which still means Cindy! was correct. I was just clarifying.

(Presuming she is correct.)

Nope.

I really can't believe you guys haven't gotten this. (Incidentally, there were no Romulans in either "The Naked Time" or "The Naked Now.")

One last quote:

"Bones, I believe you're getting gray!"

"Well you take over my job and see what it does to you!"

"Well then we have no choice but to surrender."

"Sir, the Romulans do not take captives."

"'Give us some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov, breathe deeply, Chekov! Blood samples, Chekov; Marrow samples, Chekov; Skin samples, Chekov.' If, If, I live long enough, I'm going to run out of samples."

"You'll live."

"Oh yes I'll live, but I won't enjoy it."

"Because of your Vulcan metabolism, I've prepared an extremely potent shot. However you'll be pleased to know I have removed all the breakables from sickbay."

"That is very considerate of you, Doctor."

"Adrenaline!"

"But..."

"CODE TWO!"

George

FINALLY!!!!

"The Deadly Years." One of the few OS episodes where a woman actually dies.

Kirk, McCoy, Spock, Chekov, Scotty, and Lt. Galway beam down to a planet where people have apparently aged very rapidly. Chekov gets spooked by seeing a dead person. After beaming back up, all the party except Chekov age rapidly; the first sign is Kirk forgetting that the Romulans have broken Code 2. Soon, they're all old, and Lt. Galway dies. Commodore Stocker, on board, asks Spock to take command; when Spock declines, Stocker takes command and orders the Enterprise to take a direct route to Starbase 10, running right through the Romulan Neutral Zone. They are, of course, immediately surrounded. McCoy finally figures out that Chekov's fear caused an adrenaline rush which prevented his becoming afflicted with radiation poisoning and orders adrenaline shots for everyone, with a double shot for Spock. Kirk gets back and orders a message to be sent Code 2, knowing that the Romulans will intercept it. He pulls a "Corbomite Maneuver," and zips away when the Romulans withdraw.

Engage, Mr. Steve!!

George

"He was a man, take him for all in all. I shall not look upon his like again."

"I have been designed with a fundamental respect for life in all its forms, and a strong inhibition against causing harm to living beings. "

"What a marvelous contradiction - a military pacifist! "

"Your collection has been confiscated. All of your stolen possessions are being returned to their rightful owners. You have lost everything you value. "

That's the NG episode where Saul Rubinek (?) plays a collector who fakes Data's destruction in order to kidnap him and add him to his collection. Geordi figures out what happened and leads the Enterprise to Data, beaming him up just before Data shoots the collector (in order to save other lives).

George

"I haven't seen one of these in three hundred years. I'm surprised it was even on file in the replicator's data bank."

"It wasn't. Ensign Pazlar sent me the specifications."

"She actually uses one like this?"

1: "Excuse me, I can't eat this."

2: "I know how it looks but..."

1: "P'kar tel Durg Le Frakn'l?"

3: "Dug a bul, rah'tar!"

1: "D'tel klop a bul!"

3: "Pak't pol!"

1: "D'kar tel G'denna!"

3: "I like a customer who knows what she wants..."

1: "There's nothing worse then half dead Racht."

George

That's the one (though you should have mentioned that it's a DS9 episode). The first exchange is between Dax and Julian about Melora's wheelchair. The second involves Melora (1), Julian (2), and a Klingon restaurateur (3). Melora wouldn't eat the racht, not because she found Klingon food repugnamt, but because it wasn't fresh!

Go, WW!

George