GreaseSpot Cafe

And This Year's Theme is......

Belle

The Promised Land of the Prevailing Word: Walking in the Steps of Jesus Christ

Are they trying to bring back the absent Christ? :ph34r:

And how effen long are they going to have that "Promised Land...." b.s. in their slogan?

'Twill be interesting for sure to see what these teachings look like.

BTW, my information comes from a very reliable source and this is not a joke - you greasespots now have the scoop. I wonder what the poster is going to look like.... :P

:blink: We've got four more years of that long tag line? I forgot! Thank GAWD I don't have to read or listen to that all time any more.

Then, I stand corrected. The new theme is:

Decade of Victory: The Promised Land of the Prevailing Word: Walking in the Steps of Jesus Christ

Decade of Victory
:blink:

Thats rich

I remember when the 80's were the decade of Word Over the World

that turned out to be the decade when the 'ministry' dwindled by about 90%

I dont know what the 90's were..

anyone know? Entering The Promised land maybe ?

Try the decade of Entering The Court House of disgrace...that might be better

It usually goes opposite of what they declare it to be, so if they declare victory -they could be going down in flames for the final count

Edited by mstar1

Actually, Belle, the Decade of Prevailing is the name of this here ten years. Decade of Victory is so 90's. I think the one before that was the Decade of Word Over The World. or something.

On the bright side, there is no "Century of Service", or "Millinium of Manifesting all nine all the time."

Edited by shortfuse

Well, they are least MENTIONING Jesus Christ.... The one thing that started to get me though was they only wanted the POWER to do what Jesus Christ did. Where is the RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ (OOPS forgot you are not even allowed to talk to him--can't have much of a relationship then can you?)

You're absolutely right Penguin...they don't talk to him because he's "absent". They also don't allow him to be the head of the body because they have replaced him with a mean spirited lesbian administrator...

...but hey, they "walk in his steps" dontchaknow...twi is to Christianity what Jack Kevorkian is to physical restoration.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

You're absolutely right Penguin...they don't talk to him because he's "absent". They also don't allow him to be the head of the body because they have replaced him with a mean spirited lesbian administrator...

...but hey, they "walk in his steps" dontchaknow...twi is to Christianity what Jack Kevorkian is to physical restoration.

Another new one for me - they don't even MENTION Jesus Christ? So when they pray does it close with "in the name of a 5 D cell vibe name destroyer I thank you for deliverance?"

No talking to Christ

and If what is in your Bible (ie what God says)

disagrees with the present truth (what the MOG or is it WOG??? says God says)

Then God is wrong, or misquoted, or mistranslated, or unclear in light of the clear verses or....

Yup--sounds like a sure recipe for success

Just not a recipe for successful Christianity

Edited by templelady

If I remember correctly (Lord knows, I've tried to forget) the 90s was the "Decade of Victory." I guess since I never finished Numbers in Scripture I wouldn't know that a decade is 16 years.

Maybe it really should be...

"The Promised Land of the Prevailing Word: Walking in the steps of Jesus Christ by throwin' LCM's adulterous a*s out!"

:blink:

Yeah, sounds 'bout right.

CompComp

Pick a set of words. Declare it as a *theme*.

Let's see --- I've got some ROA tapes here, with the *theme* of some of those ROA's.

1977 --- Healing

1978 --- The Hope

1981 --- God's call to Love

1984 --- Reaching the World with the Word: Living Epistles

Woops!!! I seem to be missing a year or three here.

Guess I need to get my *believing* back in order, eh?

Regardless --- NOT MUCH (if any) of the above happened, during the year it was *proclaimed*.

(Just my IMO --- YMMV)

Words are cheap, and slogans are a dime a dozen.