GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Rag - September/October 2006

Belle

Got my ragazine in the mail. Beautiful fall pictures of the grounds, many appear to be the same stock pictures we usually see, but they are beautiful nonetheless. No people in any of the picutres…. Dunno why that bugs me; I guess it’s just because I know that the grounds usually look like that – pristine, well-manicured and untouched by human hands except for the purpose of controlling nature.

Inside the front cover is an ad for the three biographies – Mrw. W’s, Mrs. Owens’ and Hairy’s. Interestingly, of Hairy’s it says, “….he provided a great example of widsom and horse sense in the finaincial realm…..(the book) will encourage you to see the abundant life that God has made available for all who love him AND practice His principles in daily living.”

Articles:

A Positive Mind-set to Prevail by Michael Fort

Count Your Blessings, See What God Has Done! By Louiselle Perry

Building Up with Our Words by Kathleen Shaffer

Reaching Our Mountaintops by Renita Sage

At the end of Ms. Perry’s article is a “Read and Do” section. About 1/3 of the page looks like a piece of notebook paper with lines on it. The heading of this blank, lined section is Read and Do: How can I apply this teaching in my life?

** I guess this is proof things have changed with TWI – it’s worse!! Now they’re printing homework assignments on the articles right in the magazine??? Are folks going to have to turn these in at their next fellowship? **

There’s a nice little poem by Sarah Shroyer on the Renewed Mind.

“Doing the Word, our lives sublime with the renewed mind, we can stand for a lifetime!”

The sad thing is that she’s talking about standing with TWI most likely – not about standing with God. :(

There’s a recap of the Advanced Class of 2006 – “Nearly two hundred fifty students seated in the vee pee double ewe prevailing wurd auditorium received over forty hours of teaching….”

“Mealtimes were full of greaet food, fellowship, and continued learning as Mrs. Donna Martindale gave instruction on etiquette to help the students be confident and comfortable in any social setting.

International Outreach Update

Interestingly there are no numbers in this section and only two pictures – one of the Moynihans and the Millers and one of the Adams family.

From the article: “In the UK, two way corps ministers have been putting forth focused believing action to move God’s Word as Outreach Ambassadors to the UK. Meanshile, at TWI International Headquarters, the international advanced leadership training was off to a tremendous start. “

“They are working together with the country coordinators of the UK, Mr. And Mrs. Rhys Miller, to further the expansion of the ministry in Southampton, a port city southwest of London.”

“Since their arrival in the UK, Rev & Mrs. Moynihan have organized a variety of Word-centered events, reaching out to impart God’s Word to those who are new to our ministry as well as to faithful believers. ...”

“Of course, as Outreach Ambassadors, the Moynihans have been working heartily to bring the Word to the hungry hearts in their community. They have gotten acquainted with the city and the people of Southampton by going out witnessing. They’ve been speaking God’s Word door-to-door, at neighborhood social functions, and at local shops. They have weekly household fellowship meetings as well as weekly outreach events for their fellowship and others in the branch.”

(Yes, the word “outreach” was italicized in the magazine. Interesting…. )

I have a hard time seeing Bob & Dottie going door to door – I suspect that they are actually doing more facilitating the door to door. It hasn’t mentioned how many folks they’ve brought to the ministry nor any classes being run either.

Way Corps Class of 2006 Graduates

I can’t tell exactly how many folks graduated because the picture is confusing. There are FOUR nicely dressed young ladies on the back row and SIX folks in suits or old fuddy duddy dresses on the front row. :/

Surely they wouldn’t send out a picture with SIX leaders for FOUR students, would they?

“Commitment was the theme of the evening….Rev. Greg Bolchalk, the WC coordinator, then shared on the significance of the salt covenant…. The WC are to have the salted commitment to teach and live God’s Word in our day and time. Rev. Rivenbark followed by offering the salt covenant to teach of the graduating Way Corps. This was a pivotal point of the evening, as each took part in salting themselves to God, His Word and the ministry that taught them the word.

Any article or section in particular you'd like to see more on?

Edited by Belle

Ha, ha, ha, from me to.

:biglaugh: That is not such good etiquette. It should be taught. :biglaugh:

“Of course, as Outreach Ambassadors, the Moynihans have been working heartily to bring the Word to the hungry hearts in their community. They have gotten acquainted with the city and the people of Southampton by going out witnessing. They’ve been speaking God’s Word door-to-door, at neighborhood social functions, and at local shops. They have weekly household fellowship meetings as well as weekly outreach events for their fellowship and others in the branch.”

Sorry to inform you, Bobbie and Dottie. High speed Internet is prevalent in many of those door to doors. I know you have been out of touch with technology and all but it has been called the world wide web for a while now. Ha! We'll be sure to say hi to the ones who Google THE WAY INTERNATIONAL when they arrive here asking questions.

They shall know the truth ant the truth shall set them free.

Sounds like you are enjoying your pre-retirement years in style. Personally if people your old age came to my door I would consider calling the police. It's weird!!!

"putting forth focused believing action to move God’s Word "

That lingo in wayville gives me the heebeejeebees............... :blink:

ALL works driven, and self-centered. Glad that is over.

I put my ''focus'' on building my relationship with Christ, then I "do'' what he tells me to ''act'' on.............

There’s a nice little poem by Sarah Shroyer on the Renewed Mind.
Surely there are no more Shroyers in TWI! Is she related to Rev. J? Please tell me no!

Way Corps of 2006- Even if all the people in the picture were grads, man! 10 people total?

And Michael Fort's still in? Well, I shouldn't be surprised. But I am!

Count Your Blessings, See What God Has Done! By Louiselle Perry

At the end of Ms. Perry’s article is a “Read and Do” section. About 1/3 of the page looks like a piece of notebook paper with lines on it. The heading of this blank, lined section is Read and Do: How can I apply this teaching in my life?

** I guess this is proof things have changed with TWI – it’s worse!! Now they’re printing homework assignments on the articles right in the magazine??? Are folks going to have to turn these in at their next fellowship? **

I wouldn't worry too much about the people who still go to fellowship. Are there any blessings to count while involved in TWI? This homework should take 15 seconds, tops.

There’s a recap of the Advanced Class of 2006 – “Nearly two hundred fifty students seated in the vee pee double ewe prevailing wurd auditorium received over forty hours of teaching….”

What?? No recap on how many of those students successfully *snacked* during breaks??

Such an important item to budget for -- and no report. Sigh. :(

;)

LOL! "Adams Family" :biglaugh: Well, I guess if the name fits.....

DMiller, I didn't look for a report back to the field on the successful snacking during the class. I'll have to read the whole article to see if they reported on that aspect of the spiritually significant events.

Way Corps Class of 2006 Graduates

I can’t tell exactly how many folks graduated because the picture is confusing. There are FOUR nicely dressed young ladies on the back row and SIX folks in suits or old fuddy duddy dresses on the front row. :/

Surely they wouldn’t send out a picture with SIX leaders for FOUR students, would they?

The 4 in the back row are corps grads, the 6 in the front are: R@co, M@F@ddens, Fox, B@lchalks.

This was a closing statement that sounds so right on and all until you really read it. They have allowed adequate room to claim what they will enforce on these women as the months go by. And they would have done it in a legal enough fashion to have written warnings of what would follow if they remained corps. With those 4 women feeling all warm and fuzzy inside equipped with the inside "know" and good stuff. God bless their hearts. I'll pray for them that they find their way to real service and if not there see the sign above the exit.

No one can ever believe for me or for you, even when we go to others for counsel and support, which we have to do at times in order to be successful. The responsibility to believe remains ours-to take the Word that is taught, the counsel we receive, and make it happen.

© twi for paragraph I quoted.

Four Way Corps graduates. :lol:

I'm sure that they're spinning it like they're tightening the requirements and raising the standards. :rolleyes:

During my last few years "in" there were several people from my area who went into the Way Corps. The ones who, in my opinion, would have made good compassionate leaders were kicked out before graduating. The biggest horse's foot of the bunch successfully graduated and is still in as far as I know.

Four Way Corps graduates. :lol:

I'm sure that they're spinning it like they're tightening the requirements and raising the standards. :rolleyes:

During my last few years "in" there were several people from my area who went into the Way Corps. The ones who, in my opinion, would have made good compassionate leaders were kicked out before graduating. The biggest horse's foot of the bunch successfully graduated and is still in as far as I know.

Is that the 21st WC?

Is that the 21st WC?

If my math is correct........that would be the 34th WC.

Four Way Corps graduates.........??????????????? Imagine the expenses at gunnysack land to accommodate a "corps training location" for these four graduates?? The innies abs at work. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I know, I know.........really, in actuality, camp gunnison is an investment, an asset for the twi books, a rocky mountain getaway for the bigwigs, and a nest egg for the corporation.

If my math is correct........that would be the 34th WC.

Four Way Corps graduates.........??????????????? Imagine the expenses at gunnysack land to accommodate a "corps training location" for these four graduates?? The innies abs at work. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I know, I know.........really, in actuality, camp gunnison is an investment, an asset for the twi books, a rocky mountain getaway for the bigwigs, and a nest egg for the corporation.

Skyrider -

My apologies, but I was referring to this sentence....

"The biggest horse's foot of the bunch successfully graduated and is still in as far as I know."

:rolleyes:

Skyrider -

My apologies, but I was referring to this sentence....

"The biggest horse's foot of the bunch successfully graduated and is still in as far as I know."

:rolleyes:

Oops.....I see your emphasis now. :biglaugh:

I'm still chuckling that there were only four corps graduates.

How low will the numbers go? If only one stays.....will they keep the program programming?

Can you imagine being one of the four corps graduates?

...lemme see now...between the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th corps...there was what? maybe 2500 of us?...it was easy to get lost in the crowd...but 4?...just FOUR??????

"Who's gonna volunteer for kitchen duty tonight?"...they all look at each other...Oh man! what a sh *t sandwich that must be!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: