GreaseSpot Cafe

Witnessing cards

Twinky

It’s the TWI anniversary. Way Disciples may be sent out. Don’t know if they still have witnessing cards, but here are the little sayings from PFAL witnessing and sign-up cards (with literals according to usage).

Establishes and maintains a positive attitude

MEANS

Establishes and maintains a [positively] terrified attitude

Makes life meaningful

MEANS

Makes life meaningless

OR MAYBE

Makes life meeting-ful

Overcomes worry and fear

MEANS

Fills your life with worry and fear

EXPANDED:

… about things you had no idea existed beforehand

Promotes prosperity and health

MEANS

Promotes organisational prosperity at your expense

OR MAYBE

Requires health at all times

Explains apparent Bible contradictions

MEANS

Introduces idiosyncratic Bible interpretations

Develops more harmony in the home

MEANS

Develops disharmony in the home

OR MAYBE

Develops more harmony in the home by encouraging you to throw out loved ones

Enables you to separate truth from error

MEANS

Enables you to separate truth from practical application

EXPANDED

Enables you to separate Biblical principle from practical application

Disciplines the mind by believing

MEANS

Discourages the body by overwhelming tiredness

Teaches how to pray effectively

MEANS

Teaches how to prey effectively

Would anyone like to add their own Literals?

Are there any volunteers to accompany the Way Disciples to explain these principles to the people they witness to?

…Are there any volunteers to witness to the Way Disciples??

Not too many years ago, witnessing came along with NEW INSTRUCTIONS

Time seemed to be of the essence. Don't WASTE your time with people who want to argue, or are unsure. God will show you who will believe, right away. If someone doesn't respond in a positive manner, within a few MINUTES, shake the dust off your feet & MOVE ON!

Sheesh... most people I know had to think about it for a while... some it took YEARS to get involved with TWI...

Guess those THINKING type of folks will be safe now :biglaugh:

Twinky, when you combine this post and Bagpipes account of the terror twi inflicted it becomes eerily too familiar to me.........

SafariVista, it enables them to find the folks easiest to bully and control that way. If you argue back, you're definitely not going to willingly sell your house or turn over 15% of your income. If you actually consider what they're saying then you're not going to either. It's folks who are so desperate for answers that they'll believe anything some smiling person tells them that they want..... provided they have teeth, a job and a car.

SafariVista, it enables them to find the folks easiest to bully and control that way. If you argue back, you're definitely not going to willingly sell your house or turn over 15% of your income. If you actually consider what they're saying then you're not going to either. It's folks who are so desperate for answers that they'll believe anything some smiling person tells them that they want.....provided they have teeth, a job and a car.

What a riot!

:biglaugh::eusa_clap::biglaugh::eusa_clap::biglaugh::eusa_clap::biglaugh::eusa_clap::biglaugh::eusa_clap:

Well, I thought some of you might have liked

Teaches how to prey effectively

as there's been a lot of evidence of that shown on GSC!

Edited by Twinky

SafariVista, I soooo wish I was kidding. But, it's no joke. We were told not to bother wasting our time on people who were going to - gasp! - need help with something. :evilshades:

Craiggers spent not a few sermons preaching about how the apostles witnessed to "upper middle class" people of their time. The rich are too rich - love of money, doncha know.... And the poor just want handout. :unsure:

Belle, I must have suppressed many details, since I was there listening to all the teachings, and visiting HQ once a month.

One thing I don't remember are the green cards after the late 80's. Something changed maybe?, the color to white or blue? Don't recall so much emphasis placed on having someone chose what they wanted from the 'list'...

There is a whole block of time that is foggy at present... Not many good memories, not even with family :(

Maybe I was too busy with three, then four children, getting 'everything' just so, and being to all the meetings, that I just didn't GO OUT & witness? :spy:

SafariVista, I soooo wish I was kidding. But, it's no joke. We were told not to bother wasting our time on people who were going to - gasp! - need help with something. :evilshades:

Craiggers spent not a few sermons preaching about how the apostles witnessed to "upper middle class" people of their time. The rich are too rich - love of money, doncha know.... And the poor just want handout. :unsure:

Well, being the "athelete of the spirit" that lcm was...and a "coach" to boot, he was obviously concerned with putting the best team on the field that he could. Joe Torre has Derek Jeter and A-Rod. Martindale wanted people with teeth, a job and a car. The idea of being a real Christian minister and reaching out to all of God's people never entered his mind....that's probably due to the fact that his doctrines and teachings were so ineffectual that he needed to have "winners" to start with. :blink: