GreaseSpot Cafe

Doctrines the Way Ministry that changed the focus on your life

year2027

God first

Doctrines the Way Ministry that changed the focus on your life

Beloved friends

God loves you all my dear friends

I was reading in my friend “T-Bone” reply in a tread called “Are these THE end times?, We are moving toward something I do not like” in Doctrine area

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to the topic of the Rapture, the Return of Christ, end times, etc. I often recall the irresponsible attitudes TWI's teachings fostered. I remembered traveling to a big area meeting with our branch coordinator – the whole trip he kept encouraging me to loosen up on my purse strings at restaurants [what little money my wife and I had living the "more than abundant TWI lifestyle" biglaugh.gif ]– and it was usually chipping in more than our share towards the check. As always he'd launch into one of his polished, slick salesman mode of monologues referring to the imminent return of Christ justifying such a cavalier attitude towards finances. Sorry to bring this up in doctrinal but I thought it's an important aspect – how doctrine affects practice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and yes there more but I here to talk about “how doctrine affects practice in our lives”

Take once saved all ways saved by this word statement a person could speak in tongues to see he or she is saved then begin to sin like there is no tomorrow

but I believe only the seed of Christ has been planted and we are growing in Christ like a child is growing in his or her mother’s womb

and the birth does not come until we put on the new body the return of Christ

Christ first coming was to plant seeds of love and truth and his return is to lead us home like the mother pushes in child birth Jesus Christ pulls in spiritual birth

but this is me

how about another Way Doctrine push on us tithing is a immutable law because it was around before the law of Moses

what a lie

Burn offering was too but we do not burn sheep at our fellowships

the word used in the bible

Heb 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

but this word is only used two times

Heb 6:17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

nothing about tithing

so the way they used was just a lie to get our money

but after giving you some doctrines of the Way used wrong that changed how some live today, my hopes it that many will add other ones here

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Burn offering was too but we do not burn sheep at our fellowships

Thank God!

I don't know if you could call it official doctrine, but there was the saying, "Everything gives off something." Put that together with "all nine all the time" and you had pure chaos. People were trying to spiritually discern whether Maggie Muggins' red drapes were godly or devilish. I heard a story where someone was put on probation, and one of the conditions of her being allowed to come back to fellowship was to get rid of her son's X-men comic books. Please.

But even before that, I threw out all my records that weren't "on the word" which were all of them, but TWI music.

The focus stopped being "think about the things that are good, and just and pure." Phillipians 4:8 style. I don't think that was ever the focus in TWI. Instead it was look for the devil spirits in everything and everyone, so you too can become the MOG.

So many people were hurt.

God first

Beloved VeganXTC

God loves you my dear friend

yes I heard that one "Instead it was look for the devil spirits in everything and everyone, so you too can become the MOG. "

I re-call a family that lived near to me got a book on church history from in-laws and because it was not a Way book they believe it had devils

the book given out of love was throw away out of fear

but we are children of light and light cast out darkness it seems like it been better to call a Priest to cast out the devils because Way leaders were afaid to try

thank you

My mother - God, I miss that women--bad as things were so many times--there were kernels that she planted in my heart that just have been such a blessing (Using that word the way God meant it to be used!) in my life

Her parents were from England she was first generation United Statesian. My grandfather was the only member of His family to leave England.

I have letters written by his brother during the Blitz in England--These very low key matter of fact-pull yourself up and get going letters with flats bombed, homeless people, lost loved ones, the sound of Nazi aircraft overhead---

Because her aunts uncles and cousins were so directly affected by WWII, as well as my father and his brothers fighting in the war. My mother was fanatical about anything that smacked of Hitler.

She always told me --"Hitler Burned books so people would never find or would forget the truth. Books must never be destroyed." This was such an integral part of my mother's very being that I used this to my advantage as a child because I knew as long as I was reading a book -even if on a topic not approved for discussion in our house my mother would let me keep reading. I was about 10 when I got my hands on my first Ian Fleming book. I was in a real racy part when My mom walked in the room. She asked what I was reading and had a look. She read teh scene and then said to me "do yo understand what this means" when I said "yes" she handed the book back to me and left the room.

This attitude, ingrained in me since childhood--meant that "burn the Chaff "day was anathema to me and I never participated

Edited by templelady

God first

Beloved Templelady

I never understood "burn the Chaff "day either and it was foolish to me and I never participated either

not for the same reason

But the main thing I want to say I am sure your mother was a great lady of God as my mother was

I missed my mother too

yes mothers are the greatest thing to us

thank you

Beloved waysider

God loves us all my dear friend

yes books are good things

thank you

Edited by year2027

I would have to say the doctrines on Debt had a big impact on the direction of my life.

I was in college, in one of the best art schools in the country, when it started really being taught heavily. It became a fear of debt. It seemed that the MOG knew that something was going to go down in the world and if you had debt, the collectors were going to come after you. Not to mention the spiritual bondage. :rolleyes:

I left school after my sophmore year. The teaching and pressure to get out of debt continued and I spent a year or so working 80 hrs a week to pay it all off. Then the prospect of going back to school became much harder, but it was a priority for me. I went back to school the summer after I left twi. It took me six years to get back to school and the road back was an interesting one. It is hard not to regret leaving school the first time but in the end it all worked out.

The other doctrine that eventually changed my life was "the integrity of the Word." After a lifetime of swallowing that blindly, I realised I didn't believe it anymore, if I ever did at all, and I left. That has been the biggest change of focus in my life. One I don't regret in anyway.

God first

Beloved DMiller

maybe Paw will stop my here and tell some of those horror stories I am sure many would love to hear them

thank you

Beloved lindyhopper

the the doctrines on Debt had a big impact on the direction of many of life

while it did not inpact my life I seem and heard it destroy some as they tried to live without debt

buying a house over time is being a good stewardship of our money but giving it to the Way Ministry was a bad stewardship of our money

thank you

Thank God!

I don't know if you could call it official doctrine, but there was the saying, "Everything gives off something." Put that together with "all nine all the time" and you had pure chaos. People were trying to spiritually discern whether Maggie Muggins' red drapes were godly or devilish. I heard a story where someone was put on probation, and one of the conditions of her being allowed to come back to fellowship was to get rid of her son's X-men comic books. Please.

But even before that, I threw out all my records that weren't "on the word" which were all of them, but TWI music.

The focus stopped being "think about the things that are good, and just and pure." Phillipians 4:8 style. I don't think that was ever the focus in TWI. Instead it was look for the devil spirits in everything and everyone, so you too can become the MOG.

So many people were hurt.

It was policy that everyone was expected to carry out. That's de facto "official doctrine" if not

de jure. (Legally, that would be considered so, whether or not they said "Well, this isn't official..")

I don't think that was ever the focus in twi either.

2027,God bless you,Telling us what to read really did not set well with me,so I read what I wanted to.

That is probably what led me here ,As we were told,You will get possesed if you go here.

One other thing I pretty much let my daughter read what she wanted as she grew up,the other day she said to me thanks.

As was said about Hitler,you destroy the books you destroy free thought,control comes and blind

obedience follows,There needs to be checks and balances on every thing we do.

Cool thread, Roy. Makes me think of something Jesus said in

Matthew 15:7-9

7 "You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:

8 'THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS,

BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.

9 'BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME,

TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.'"

That pretty much sums up the focus of TWI's theological system. So - to frame my answer in response to your thread heading: TWI's doctrines were instrumental in getting me to re-direct my worship of God and my desire to please Him - to serving their organization and striving to please its leadership.

Edited by T-Bone

Thank you, Roy! :eusa_clap: As always, your posts really make me think and also reassure me that there are still very sweet, caring souls in the world today whom God can and does worth through. :)

The thing about TWI and how their teachings changed my outlook on life is the way they took one very simple verse or promise of God and put all the stipulations, conditions and rules around it. Today I see things much differently:

It's really very simple now.

Mark 12:30-31 -

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.

And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

and

1 Ti 1:5

Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,

and some other versions:

The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

but the end of the charge is love, out of a pure heart and a good conscience and unfeigned faith;

The TWIt leadership is more like the rest of that chapter verses 6-20. Having veered off from God to promoting vain, worthless talk and rules but they have no clue as to what they are talking about. The laws are really for them and people like them:

v.9 - the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

v. 10 - for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers–and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Thank God we're free from them and their oppression and rules and b.s.!!! :who_me:

God first

Beloved Jim

yes we all should of left then

thank you

Beloved WordWolf

God loves us even wolfs all my dear friend

I know you are no wolf but a little joke good here in there but we been friends a lone time you will just laught with me my friend

yes I heard them say "Well, this isn't official.." but you know

thank you

Beloved frank123lol

yes the Way did use possesed card on me too

I am glad you came here to get possesed with the truth

for its far better to be possesed with love for others than other things

The Way is possesed with hate for us, hate for other churches, and while I not sure but I love them and hope to help them

I glad you came to be possesed with love and friends that this board can bring

thank you

Beloved T-Bone

I glad you like it

yes Matt 15:7-9 does "pretty much sums up the focus of TWI's theological system."

thank you

Beloved Belle

yes love with a pure heart is how we are to live

I love Mark 12:30-31 and 1 Ti 1:5

Yes I glad were are "free from them and their oppression and rules and b.s."

I pray that more are freeed from the Way

Its either be possesed with love in a pure heart or being possesed with hate in a dying heart

I glad your heart is pure my friend Belle as many hearts here are

thank you

Edited by year2027