GreaseSpot Cafe

Just checkin' in

oilfieldmedic

Many of you have welcomed my wife _____fill in the blank...LOL

Just want to let y'all know she has been hospitalized for about a month now, thus the reason you haven't seen any posts and/or fabrications of some of the goofy things I do...

Seriously, Dana is well and sends her love, thanks and appreciation for the thoughts and prayers from many of you...as well do I.

Within the next few weeks, I will be transerring to a new assignment here in Baghdad...I will be assumiing control of the entire country and will be appointed "Ruler OF All I Survey"...now if you believe that one, I will pray for you.

I will be working in the Green Zone as a Laision (sic?) for my company's worldwide operations and the US Army Surgical Hospital in downtown Baghdad...sort of a promotion, thank you very much!

I see it as a great opportunity to help meet injured and ill employees needs who are admitted to the hospital and in so doing, to share the love that we all have so freely been given from our Father! Pray for open hearts, ok?

Thanks again for the prayers, thoughts and correspondence

John...aka Smokey...aka OFM...aka oilfieldmedic

Medic -- thanks. She did kinda *disappear* soon after she started posting.

Praying that all is well.

Within the next few weeks, I will be transerring to a new assignment here in Baghdad...I will be assumiing control of the entire country and will be appointed "Ruler OF All I Survey"...now if you believe that one, I will pray for you.

Harumpppph!! You are now the new MOG ---

Medic On Guard!!! Don't pray for us - we need to pray for you!!

(Uhhhh --- where do we send the *abundant sharing* to???)

:biglaugh:

Thanks for the update on Dana's progress. Glad she continues to improve. I pray for her often.

Congrats on your new job. Know you will be a blessings to those you help in healing their bodies and their minds. Keep up the good work!

Suda

Smokey, thanks for the update on Dana - and congrats on your promotion. You both are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!!!! My Dad was a medic in WW2 and recalling his experiences he shared with me many times - I am thankful and pray for your awesome heart of service to God and your fellowman!

So are you more Hawkeye Pierce or Trapper? Certainly no Frank Burns or Charles Winnicut. I'm delighted to hear a little of what you're doing over there. We contnue to pray for you in particular and all the troops. God bless you all!

Also praying for your Missus - she's a delight too and I'm glad she's felt welcome here. :dance:

Just noticed your new avatar. How long were you in physical therapy before you could hold a coffee cup so well after having your finger stuck in your ear so long?

Hey John ~

So good to hear from you. Glad to have the update on Dana. We were glad she had the courage to go in the hospital and get taken care of and trust she is receiving great care so she's back in the swing of life again soon. How is your daughter doing with everything? Hope she's with great relatives who are loving her much with both parents occupied elsewhere.

Wow! Congrats on your promotion. Certainly the Green Zone needs an ambassador who can cut thru the bull.... like you (wink). Will definitely pray for open doors for you to touch people who need to be loved in that difficult area. Please take care of yourself, dear medic.

Keep us posted when you can. Prayers for your entire family.

Hugs to you!

J.

Thanks so much all of you for the kind words and prayers...y'all are the absolute best there is.

send the money to my retirement fund...thank you very much

Who was the guy that wore those woman's dresses? Regardless, that's not me either.

The finger and the ear have healed nicely after the surgical extraction...wow, I can hear in stereo again...has there always been music in that other channel?

Thanks again everyone!post-646-1160986211_thumb.jpg

Dear Mr. "Ruler OF All I Survey",

A hearty congratulations!!! :eusa_clap::drink: What color Hummer does that get you? Will you get extra vaseline to keep your finger from getting stuck in your ear again? Does it get you a LOA to come home to see your lovely wife before taking control and beginning your rule?

Please let Dana know there are tons of prayers going up for her and that we look forward to seeing her smiling face and hearing wonderful tales of her healing and recovery as well as more laughs at your expense with her. :biglaugh:

Yes. He fell in love with a Korean girl, who had lost contact with her parents. Because he loved her, he decided to stay in Korea until she could find her family.

I'll see if I have a clip of it for you...it was a great moment when it first aired after all those years of trying so hard to leave-pink fuzzy slippers and all!

Here's a description of the final episode, including Klinger's decision to stay.

So, Oilfield, come home, ok???

Edited by topoftheworld

I worry about you over there. Can't wait until you are home.

I pray for your wife as well.

One of the TV God shows was talking about how The garden of Eden and all kinds of biblical places are in Iraq. I never knew that. It really makes me "think" ya know, that we might be fighting where IT all began...

Do you get a sense of how old the world is there? as we are such a young country?

Edited by Dot Matrix