GreaseSpot Cafe

CFF going down the tubes

heartman

I was up at CFF yesterday......saw Kevin and Sarah G.,........all is well great talking to them........we go up there every now and then and yes I enjoy their tapes very much.......so we send them money........also Johnny T. and Walter C. are in my area.......we talk and I see them some.......just not as into their stuff...........

You mean you can actually associate with them and talk with them without getting deeply involved?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what Walter is up to these days except that he has his own subscription journal you can purchase "Scripture Consulting" and also pay for his services to review your research, etc. I know the times I've heard of him traveling around the country to local gatherings have all been Geer affiliated groups, but have no idea if he visits non-Geer groups or not.

Johnny T. is (or was at the last I heard fairly recently) the only licensed instructor in Ohio of Walking in God's Power classes and other Geer taught classes/seminars. And, typical of many in Geer groups, does not have very many nice things to say about bible fellowships not affiliated with Geer - - including the large groups in Columbus and Cleveland lead by other former-twi leaders.

J.

Have I been completely asleep at the wheel here? Who's running large groups in columbus and Cleveland? What's the name of the groups? :blink:

I was wondering the same thing. As far as I knew, Waxt LxKe had a Geer franchise here in the Cleveland area. I know there are Geer-associated fellowships in Cleveland because I know a family that goes to one, and takes his classes and goes to camps that, as I understood, are connected with CG.

Was I misinformed about the WL and CG connection? I heard a long time ago that WL tried to get a franchise and didn't succeed, but that he got one later. I know that WL held CG in very high regard at one time, so I'd be surprised if they weren't affiliated with each other.

Jard, any info?

Well, last I heard there was a slew of people (close to 200) involved with Tom Burke, Ken McCaw, Ken's brother, a few musicians (Leon Hansen, etc.) in and around Columbus.

Cleveland has Walt Luke and not sure how many folks are up there any more but there was a group there not too long ago.

J.

Edited by jardinero

CFF? John L? From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit at thee... from Herman Melville... a thief and liar no different from BOT. I watched him destroy lives with a wave of his hand and never looked back. If he burns I will buy the beer.

Fire away...

CFF? John L? What in the world are you talking about? This makes no sense, this is not CFF, John L! Am I missing something shere. "I watched him destroy lives with a wave of his hand and never looked back."

Who in the world are you talking about?

" If it were me I would have come down and met with everyone and settled it quietly. The method they chose is incorrect in my opinion."

But it wasn't you and since you were not involved, you can't even speculate on what you would have done if you were privy to something since you were not.

[

"The other comment on the taped announcement by John was that it was NOT annouced at the Fellowship meeting on sunday at CFF---his comments were cleverly edited in later in the sound room---why was that?"

WTF?

I cant speak to what dancer is saying--I am afraid I missed that one as well--- However the announcement of the seperation for the Tampa Fellowship was not made at the Sunday Morning fellowship with the ususal annoucments, it was recorded later and edited in to the message with all the others giving the apprerance that it was done with the other announcements. I find that disturbing since that really should be done properly. I imagine that JS probably worried long and hard about his decision to do this espcially since several of the BOT may not be on board with this, but with the letters and the tape announcement CFFM has definitly shifted the policy from loose association to exclusive.

Tom I know that you said that your group was confused by the BLENDING of teachings that were going on and perhaps the leader of the fellowship did not explain to you that he was a independant fellowship as most of the fellowships are independant. CFFM has really only been there to offer teaching tapes and support materials and not really a part of the day to day operation of the fellowhships or offer support, unless you are a favorite of them---LOL. In fact just trying to get answers to scriptual problems and advise is almost impossible. I can not tell you the amount of unanswered emails and phone calls that I have. So you learn very quickly to handle things for yourself and let GOD tell the best course of action. In our fellowship we have housed many ministers from many other fellowships and when a minister friend of mine came in from Seattle we had to rent the auditorium because we had over 1500 people show up!!! None of that ever got reported to CFF becuase we are indepeindant and eveyone in our fellowship knows that.

I believe that you seperated and started your own associated fellowship with CFF and that is as it should be. The rest of us kinda got a slap in the face and a real WTF? :asdf: :blink:

Heartman, perhaps it's time to give it up! You are not making any sense.............Have a great weekend and get your rest. Honestly some of what you are saying makes NO sense.

CFF? John L? What in the world are you talking about? This makes no sense, this is not CFF, John L! Am I missing something shere. "I watched him destroy lives with a wave of his hand and never looked back."

Who in the world are you talking about?

It would appear that RumRunner mixed up CFF and CES...There's so many spinoffs these days, that it takes a scorecard to keep track of them...

...but I agree with his general sentiment regarding, "from hell's heart, I stab at thee"...

...It seems to me, that many of those who were indoctrinated into the upper echelon of twi have an insatiable desire to continue their roles of "WE are the humble servants of Christ who, incidently, are also building an orginzational structure that appropriates funds, sets agendas and establishes US in authoritive positions"...

Not that being in charge of other people's belief systems (and making a living at it), is necessarily wrong...it's just that there is a tendency to draw masochists into the fold on a large scale...and this only leads to people BEGGING to be controlled...You can't impose legalism on people unless the people are willing to subject themselves to it...and perhaps this is the legacy that twi has left behind...a lot of spiritually co-dependant people.

Linda Z ~

Sorry, didn't see your post right before mine.

As far as I knew, Waxt LxKe had a Geer franchise here in the Cleveland area. I know there are Geer-associated fellowships in Cleveland because I know a family that goes to one, and takes his classes and goes to camps that, as I understood, are connected with CG.

Was I misinformed about the WL and CG connection? I heard a long time ago that WL tried to get a franchise and didn't succeed, but that he got one later. I know that WL held CG in very high regard at one time, so I'd be surprised if they weren't affiliated with each other.

As far as I know, Linda - - only Johnny T. is licensed in Ohio. There are some ex-twi folks who applied for and did not receive licenses (WL among them), but JT goes around and runs classes for anyone who wants one, even though those ex-twi leaders and JT don't see eye to eye nor are necessarily "affiliated" with each other in any way. It's pretty weird, but how it works there.

J.

Licensed? Franchised? LOLOLOL GOd is McDonald's????? In the name of the Vict0r,.the Cr@ig, and the holy G33r I open this FRANCHISE with the DULY LICENSED authorization to talk about God.... teach them of the ways of Ohio Fries, Oklahoma burgers and just plain Cr@p salads.... Geeze OK I will stop now.. well maybe NOT - LICENSED AND FRANCHISED?!?!?!?! God in neon - Oh wait God in tights in AOS!!! God in tights with a glass of drambouie and a motorcoach parked in a castle in the UK. Sorry - long week - snickers

Linda Z ~

Sorry, didn't see your post right before mine.

As far as I know, Linda - - only Johnny T. is licensed in Ohio. There are some ex-twi folks who applied for and did not receive licenses (WL among them), but JT goes around and runs classes for anyone who wants one, even though those ex-twi leaders and JT don't see eye to eye nor are necessarily "affiliated" with each other in any way. It's pretty weird, but how it works there.

J.

Class instructor gets pulled over, doing Tape 3 in a No-Tape Zone...

"License and registration, please."

(shows wallet and 100.00 bill...)

"Sure, Officer. Say, y'know, maybe we can just, y'know...take care of that now, right here."

(Officer, takes wallet, "drops" it, hands it back...)

"Sir, welcome to town and you have a nice day..."

Edited by socks

Jard, thanks. Weird? Yes. I'd expect nothing different from the players in question, frankly.

Rummy--yes, indeedarooni, you must pay a franchise fee (pretty hefty, I think) for the privilege of running GearShift's boring classes and sending your fellowship's "abundant sharing" to him. Sweet deal, eh? Boggles the mind. And then I suppose people who take the classes have to pay also. I call that double-dipping!

I pay a FEE L? I pay a FEE???? for talking about God? OK I gotta stop or I am gonna go off the deep end now. Dear Lord Jesus please take my money which you SO need in heaven and let me speak God's word?????? Oh yeah - I can sell vacuum cleaners too Jesus. WTF??? WTF???

Jard, thanks. Weird? Yes. I'd expect nothing different from the players in question, frankly.

Rummy--yes, indeedarooni, you must pay a franchise fee (pretty hefty, I think) for the privilege of running GearShift's boring classes and sending your fellowship's "abundant sharing" to him. Sweet deal, eh? Boggles the mind. And then I suppose people who take the classes have to pay also. I call that double-dipping!

Just for the record the license fee and a percent of the ABS from the group goes to Word Promotions

The class fee is set by the area and stays in the group to pay expences or license agreements if they choose to. I think last I knew around here it was $30.00 or so.

Also the 321 page book that goes with the class for first time students was $50.00 that also goes to Word Promotions.

It's not the money I care about so much. A license explicitly implies ownership. LOLOL A franchise explicity implies you have bought the rights to use something someone else stays in owership of. A LICENSE? A FRANCHISE? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I'm dying I'm laffing so hard.

Just for the record the license fee and a percent of the ABS from the group goes to Word Promotions

The class fee is set by the area and stays in the group to pay expences or license agreements if they choose to. I think last I knew around here it was $30.00 or so.

Also the 321 page book that goes with the class for first time students was $50.00 that also goes to Word Promotions.