GreaseSpot Cafe

Mark and Avoid Still Lives...

Eagle

When I speak tactfully and politely about my differences on PFAL doctrine, I have to be careful to whom I speaketh to.

It seems in most splinter groups, apparently these differences cannot be handled to the point of cutting association with the subject who has these said differences.

This goes on in the splinter groups, even small splinter groups. I can imagine the thoughts of those that don't want to talk, even on the weather with me. Things like:

"I can't talk to him...he believes Christians can't be born again of the devil...as our new leader has declared unto us...we must avoid this man at all costs, him, and his family, and his children's children. And his children's children's children. And his dog and possessed parakeet. I would try to rescue him, but God says to avoid him, and go seeketh another ex-way believer to cast devils from, that others more worthy of our attention profit the Lord."

Whatever.

Thanks, G.S. for being there.

Eagle

This reminds me of a joke...

(a burglar is inside a house and about to do his thing)

voice: Jesus is watching you.

burglar: (freezes, then shakes it off and goes back to what he was doing)

voice: Jesus is watching you.

burglar: (shines flashlight in corner of room revealing a bird cage; walks over to cage, sees bird) Who are you?

parakeet: Moses.

burglar: Moses? What kind of weirdo would name a parakeet Moses?

parakeet: Oh, probably the same weirdo that would name a 140 lb. rotweiller Jesus.

Hey Eagle,

We've been M&A too... from a splinter group person... not the whole group

Guess when they said 'if you ever need anything', that didn't include an 'ear'...

Seems you should NOT speak of any problems etc... only good words should come out of your mouth/heart, a wife should only speak with her husband and obey him... :(

Yes, TWI doctrine lives on in many places, continuing to hurt and tear people apart~

I can totally agree on that, if you have a problem, you are negative and your husband can abuse you and dishonor you but you should still submit!!!! I am so glad I am free from this splinter group and my husband!!!!!

They are heavy into mark and avoid, I should know because 2 kids and a husband do it!!

It is amazing how that doctrine follows the splinter groups around!

Actually I am not so surprised. This is no different (except on a micro scale) than THE ONE TRUE CATHOLIC FAITH splintering into so many different denominations, and those splintered and then each new splinter formed yet another splinter. Each time it happend it was because a) someone growing in power declared those in power to be wrong/bad/evil and b) those new splinters kept a lot if not most of the "parent" doctrine...but they kept ones (generally) that allowed them to retain the most control.

That is why when I walked in 87 I never looked at any splinter groups or, for that matter any other church or religion. I figured I would just find remnants of someone else's grudges and hatreds.

Funny how we were told you couldn't be excommunicated - at least way back when - now now you can be M&A?!?!?! Odd that it never seemed to come up in my recollection.....

But that is just me again - my usual caustic self

It seems inevitable that a dissenting voice will always be a threat to the status quo...When someone sets themselves up with authority, they eventually have to find an effective method to quiet the dissension in order to maintain their power...

...Why is it necessary to "give yourself a name and hoist a flag"?...Once they do that, they become a religion and fall prey to all the trappings that go with it. The bible says something about Christ being the head of a spiritual body...Why does man insist on injecting his ego into this?

Actually I am not so surprised. This is no different (except on a micro scale) than THE ONE TRUE CATHOLIC FAITH splintering into so many different denominations, and those splintered and then each new splinter formed yet another splinter. Each time it happend it was because a) someone growing in power declared those in power to be wrong/bad/evil and b) those new splinters kept a lot if not most of the "parent" doctrine...but they kept ones (generally) that allowed them to retain the most control.

Besides.........how many career opportunities are out there where one can...1) sit at a home office, 2) dabble in some "research", 3) be an instant "top of the totem pole" company man, 4) legislate your own policies, and 5) have people giving you money week after week.

Heck.......wierwille saw the same after being with B.G. Leonard in 1953. There is little wonder why twi became incorporated SHORTLY thereafter and the rewriting of twi history attempts to cover his tracks.

:spy:

Hello:

Oh yea it exists, and more! , their crazy "going to satan as the man of gods servant to impose curses , and punnishments on those Craig or someone could'nt get at, or bow down with this "THATS RIGH, AND HUH,HUH! ." THE DR'S THREE DAY "," DEATH , HELL , AND RISEN AGAIN", over three days, and then risen again if the Man of God sees repentence in you , other wise dare you rise back from it. Ole WayCorps

hard cases with their latter state, and old maning of persons, and never forget, "one way or another get what ever it is , by faithfull men or spirits , but that the holy Man of God get his way always and get away with all things, for he is too important to the cause" , or the "embracement curse for going out of the household" to get help to defend your self etc. .

Thanks, anf God bless you,

connerron