GreaseSpot Cafe

J.E. Stiles The Gift of the Holy Spirit book

potato

3 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Hmm, no, I do not make that claim.  I said "indicator".  Which indicates that there are alternatives to think of but taken in context are quite helpful in directing toward a probable explanation.

Geez...I feel like we are trying to figure out what the meaning of the word "is" is. I trust you are old enough to remember Bill Clinton ask that when defending himself about the blow job? If not, he actually said that.

1 minute ago, rrobs said:

Geez...I feel like we are trying to figure out what the meaning of the word "is" is. I trust you are old enough to remember Bill Clinton ask that when defending himself about the blow job? If not, he actually said that.

Blow jobs are better than no jobs.

You had misunderstood me.  I was trying to clarify.

2 minutes ago, rrobs said:

Well, I wish everybody could do it also. But my mother always said, "If wishes were horses, beggars would be riding."

But the word does help. Not everybody, but some.

Isa 55:11,

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall        prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Sometimes it seems like I'm just wasting my time here, but I'm not God. He says his word is never a waste of time. So I just speak it. It'll help somebody sometime.

Rob's, honey no one is making you post here; if you want to post, post.  If you don't, than don't.  Personally, I find a lot of the posters are interesting people; some not so much.  But no one makes me post, I do it for myself.

1 minute ago, rrobs said:

We agree. Yeah! Now I like you! I'm kidding, I liked you all along.

This isn't a likability contest.  We're exchanging differences of ideas in hopes of learning something.

Just now, Bolshevik said:

Blow jobs are better than no jobs.

You had misunderstood me.  I was trying to clarify.

Honestly, I probably did misunderstand. Sorry about that but I'm getting at least 1 reply/minute here. Hard to keep up with all of them.

I gotta go now. See you later

Just now, rrobs said:

Honestly, I probably did misunderstand. Sorry about that but I'm getting at least 1 reply/minute here. Hard to keep up with all of them.

I gotta go now. See you later

Happy 4th.

Please consider why VPW didn't simply market the written works of others (Bullinger, Stiles, etc.)  and teach based on their works, but instead chose to essentially plagiarize and later in time point to the original authors.  

2 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Rob's, honey no one is making you post here; if you want to post, post.  If you don't, than don't.  Personally, I find a lot of the posters are interesting people; some not so much.  But no one makes me post, I do it for myself.

You're absolutely right. It is my free will. All I was saying is that I forget my own feelings about the usefulness of posting here and just believe God it will accomplish it's purpose. My feeling on the matter are irrelevant. God knows more about life than me. Thanks for the kind words.

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

This isn't a likability contest.  We're exchanging differences of ideas in hopes of learning something.

Could I just like you anyway or is it against the rules? If you'd rather, I won't like you. Or I guess it doesn't matter, is what you are saying. So then it doesn't matter if I like you but I sill will. Just goofing around now....don't take me too serious.

8 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Happy 4th.

Please consider why VPW didn't simply market the written works of others (Bullinger, Stiles, etc.)  and teach based on their works, but instead chose to essentially plagiarize and later in time point to the original authors.  

How could I possibly know what was in his mind? It'd be pure speculation. Waste of thought to my way of thinking. I really only want to consider what the Bible says.

I'm gonna hit the reply button and shut my confuser, er computer, down. For sure this time. Later....

12 minutes ago, rrobs said:

You're absolutely right. It is my free will. All I was saying is that I forget my own feelings about the usefulness of posting here and just believe God it will accomplish it's purpose. My feeling on the matter are irrelevant. God knows more about life than me. Thanks for the kind words.

Rob's, I think your feelings are very important at this Web Site!!  Many of us had to hide our feelings, or shut them down during our time in TWI.  Here, within reason, we are free to express ourselves.  How liberating it is to be allowed to express my thoughts, and my feelings!!  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rrobs said:

How could I possibly know what was in his mind? It'd be pure speculation. Waste of thought to my way of thinking. I really only want to consider what the Bible says.

I'm gonna hit the reply button and shut my confuser, er computer, down. For sure this time. Later....

We'd be basing this on his actions, not his thoughts.

Those things, his acts, we can know.

Perhaps you'd have a greater understanding of The Bible, if that is really what motivates you, if you did consider VPW's motives.

• Upvote 1

Waysider.......it was B.G. Leonard from whom dictor paul plagiarized verbatim, the definitions of all nine of the "manifestations". Verbatim! From SIT to Gifts of Healing, all B.G. DPW NEVER wrote ANYTHING! He couldn't! He had every one of his "written works" transcribed from tapes made of all his garbage at Chimes Hour Youth Caravan and his Sunday sermons. He was too dumb to write. Plagiarism was necessary for him to write anything. That's why it's all word-for-word. So, first Rhoda, and then his daughter Karen, and later, Donna Randall,  transcribed and edited everything to make it sensible, coherent English. Dic could not write! He was a C- student at Sheboygan Mission House College. He attended Princeton Theological Seminary which has absolutely NOTHING to do with Princeton University. It was a separate, Presbyterian Seminary located in Princeton, NJ, with zero affiliation with anyone except the Presbyterian Church! Another false assumption dictor purposely promoted to enhance his "academic credentials" in the PR propaganda dic used to hype himself. FRAUD much??? LOL!

"I find it interesting that everybody here attacks me personally. Nobody address the things I say about the word. You keep wanting to make it about VP. Nobody here really knows my thinking on VP or the twi because I've said next to nothing about either. Go back and look. My interest is in the word. I started this post by saying I don't care how I got the word, VP, Stiles, Buillinger, or whatever or whoever doesn't matter. I'm pro word and seldom think about VP, twi, or any splinter group. I'm involved with NO group whatsoever. I've not been to one fellowship with the Way or any splinter group. My thoughts are my own. True, some line up with what VP says, but that doesn't mean VP channels through me when I speak."

Okay Rich. So what's the Julian Bible Institute that your e-mail address blabs about?? Not a group???? YOU LIE! Typical of brainwashed personality cultists. Congratulations! You have proven yourself once again! LMAO!

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

Sorry Rich, but I believe the Word/Logos to be only about Jesus Christ. God in the flesh, not the Bible/Rhema

5 hours ago, rrobs said:

When someone is "pro" something it means they are for it, they agree with it. It's the opposite of "anti" which means to be against something.

As far as the word "word," I use the word "word" interchangeably with the word "Bible." It's a book that claims to be authored by God. I'm not asking you to believe that it was actually authored by God, but it does say that nonetheless.

Putting the two together then we get something like: "for the Bible." In other I am a real fan of it. I may not understand all of it, or even very much of it, but I do believe it contains all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Pet 1:3), two things I have a real interest in learning.

Not sure how you made the connection between "pro word" and lack of self-awareness.

As to lack of self-awareness, that you avoided the salient question in my comment lends credence to that reality. "Did you learn your "pro word" theology from anyone other than veepee?"

5 hours ago, rrobs said:

I can do that.

1) Jesus said we would do the works he does and then some (John 14:12). Those things are all found in 1 Cor 12 plus speaking in tongues and interpretation of tongues. Add 'em up and the total 9. It wasn't my idea that I could do those things. Jesus plainly said I could. So the revised phrase would be, "I do the works that Jesus did, plus speaking in tongues and interpretation of tongues."

2) Come on now? The phrase, "throw the baby out with the bathwater" has been around for some time. Nothing to do with VP. It's a good phrase that conveys the meaning to anybody who understands the language and culture.

3) The Bible has not changed since it was written.

Now do you believe I can think for myself?

Where's your fruit? Didn't Jesus say something about being able to tell them by their fruits?

A friend posted these comments on FB today. Not necessarily about JE Stiles' book, but these comments DO go to the essence of issues raised by rrobs' comments.

For many Christians, religion is about correct belief, not right behavior. For them, The Bible’s overriding appeal is the authority it proclaims, not the empathy it inspires. It is about meeting the believer’s quest for certainty, not an oppressed person’s need for compassion – and justice . The primary goal is personal salvation, not interpersonal solidarity – unless the solidarity is with those of like-minded belief, or with those designated to be “harvested,” or with those whose destitution serves to reinforce the superiority of the good doers.-

Rev William Alberts

Having good morality isn't a belief, nor does it stem from belief. It stems from compassion which has nothing to do with belief, thought, or ideas - it stems from the heart, not the head. Jesus taught action - not words. Christians have had it bass-akwards for centuries.-Don Petros

It seems obvious that the message rrobs has been setting forth is that he's right and we're wrong because we don't necessarily hold to his (pro word) interpretation of what he learned from PFLAP and Wierwille.

I'm not sure who Don Petros is or might be, but it's clear that there are a LOT of words that have been posted to GSC over the last 17 years demonstrating that what TWI has been missing all along is a sense of morality. Wierwille's "calling" was that he was right and everyone who disagrees is wrong. But his "rightness" definitely didn't consistently translate into morality or compassion.

19 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Rob's, I think your feelings are very important at this Web Site!!  Many of us had to hide our feelings, or shut them down during our time in TWI.  Here, within reason, we are free to express ourselves.  How liberating it is to be allowed to express my thoughts, and my feelings!!  

With all due respect, you choose to hide your feelings. Nobody held a gun to your head. There might have been pressure to hold your tongue, but it didn't come from the word. It came from people. I think many held VP and twi above the word. It became a cult of VP. The word took back seat. I noticed that when I worked on staff there. I even mentioned it to several people at the time. I saw lot's of forced piety and such. No wonder we are here now.

The leadership should have seen that and corrected it instead of taking advantage of it.

I'm glad you feel free to express them now. Better late than never.

Edited by rrobs
typo