GreaseSpot Cafe

Stupid People

Dot Matrix

Stupid People

I know we all meet stupid people but recently there has been a plethora of them where I work.

Okay, this woman comes into the animal hospital with a Chihuahua. She only speaks Spanish so one of our Spanish people has to translate and here is the story:

The woman’s brother got her the Chihuahua after her brother had jokingly had held her Chihuahua to the spinning ceiling fan and chopped his head off. Her brother is in his 30’s so he is not a kid. Now, the reason the dog WAS so important to her is her son has asthma and she was told that if she got a dog the asthma would GO INTO THE DOG AND LEAVE HER SON .

Well, two weeks later she brings the dog to the woman with whom I work, and tells her to find a home for it. Her son has been kicking this 1.5-pound pup and slam it around.

(Sounds like a whole family of potential serial killers)

Can you say STUPID people?

Edited by Dot Matrix

Dot--------Sad that people would abuse a defenseless animal like that. I have heard it said ( but can't give a reference) that people who do such things are only a step or two away from committing abuse of people.

:offtopic: The part about respiratory ailments transferring to the dog is a long held belief by people practising Voodoo and Gris Gris. It is specific to this breed. For them to abuse this dog would be somewhat on the order of a Catholic burning a crucifix or rosary beads. Not only are they abusing an animal, they are thumbing their nose at religious convention.

stupid people............do you really mean this Dot?

maybe ignorant, blind or blind or blind

stupid is as stupid is

as far as the eye can see stupid reigns

perhaps "intelligent challenged" may be a better description

just cause i don't see things a certain way

does that make me stupis? stupid that is

are animals more important than a human soul?

when and if anyone hurts an animal they hurt all life

and i am a pet owner

god forbid when a human soul is laid to waste

let the sentence begin for years to come

Well, I donot know where you live but I am in Geirgia. Ceiling fans are a staple of life and go very very fast. I think a dog under two pounds could have his head lopped off.

Maybe they meant broken. I don't know just telling you what she said.

I never heard of Gris- Gris

I did call Animal Control and it would be he said she said. We doubt this woman would ever say to the authorities what she said to us.

Here is another one

A person with an Asian accent calls and asks what do we think could be wrong with their dog?

It smells has been laying around and has not eaten or walked in days.

Our tech said "Is it breathing?"

The dog wound up being dead.

I almost believe that was a joke it was so dang stupid. Except we were not laughing.

My hairdresser friend:

I colored a woman's hair and she stormed in screaming she wanted her money back as it did not work. She pointed at the top of her head, where one inch of gray hair was forming.

Jena explained that each time her hair grew from her head it would be her natural color.

The lady said, hair doesn't grow up there it grows here -- as she grabbed the ends of her hair that was brushing her shoulders.

STUPID

WE had a guy come in with a cat in a carrier. I peeked in and it looked as if the cat had been hit by a car.

I went over the speaker and told the Doc we had an emergency.

He came up and looked at the cat, Geez what happened to you?

The guy says, "A MONTH ago he started having pieces of his face fall off and he would bleed."

(A month ago, would you wait a month? Can you say idiot?")

He continued, "Today he sneezed and his nose fell off. So, I thought I would bring him in."

Cat had cancer and we put him down.

WE had a guy come in with a cat in a carrier. I peeked in and it looked as if the cat had been hit by a car.

I went over the speaker and told the Doc we had an emergency.

He came up and looked at the cat, Geez what happened to you?

The guy says, "A MONTH ago he started having pieces of his face fall off and he would bleed."

(A month ago, would you wait a month? Can you say idiot?")

He continued, "Today he sneezed and his nose fell off. So, I thought I would bring him in."

Cat had cancer and we put him down.

Oh man, that's just too much! This one just got me. How can these people live to such ages? And I thought I did stupid things sometimes. Like paying someone $100 to come out and yank my garage door chain to fix the overhead door when all I had to do was come to chat and talk to Rum, Per, Ron and Hap!

I'm an editor for a transcription service. I had a lady type baloney amputation once. (Below knee amputation was what was dictated.)

Edited by bowtwi

Stupid people abound,

most of them have figured out that if they remain in the indifferently dense catagory of thinking someone else will come along and relieve them of the responsibility of taking charge of their own lives.

When they are encountered in real life it simply means that the expected knight in shining armor failed to show up to assume responsibility for their actions.

These are the same people, who in the same breath with their stupidity wail about how misunderstood, mistreated and discriminated against they are.

My daughter's major is biology, with a zoology emphasis. When people ask her if she wants to become a vet, she always says no, she doesn't think she could handle it when people bring in their obviously uncared for animals. Those are some horrendous stories, Dot. Thank God there are people like you who can handle it.

My daughter interned at the local humane society in the wildlife area this summer. Someone brought in an opossum who had been tortured and had rocks thrown at it. She told me their only defense is to run away or look mean. If you put your hand in an opossum's mouth, she won't bite down. She couldn't understand why someone would do that to a helpless being.

On a lighter note, she said that someone came into the humane society extolling the benefits of being a breathatarian. That's right, someone who lives on only air. When she was asked how she stayed alive, she said that sometimes people in her community will eat grains, but its highly frowned upon.

Okay, here's my own "Sign" story.

The day before yesterday I learned that there is a bagel shop across the street from our office building. .

I couldn't go home for lunch yesterday, so I decided to stop and pick up a bagel on my way into work. I order my bagel and the girl (English is her first and perhaps only language) asks me if I want "chocheesed". I'm scratching my head and wondering what the heck that means, so I said, "I'm sorry, could you repeat that?". So she asks me again if I want "chocheesed". Now, it has been a very very long time since I have been to a real bagel place and this one had tons of flavored cream cheese, so I'm thinking this must be some new flavor. Just to be sure, I asked her to repeat her question one more time and she once again asks about the "chocheese".

I finally looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, but I don't know what that is, so I think I'll pass.". She looked at me like I was a complete idiot and said, "You put it in a machine and it heats it up and browns it."

DUH! Where's my sign? :biglaugh:

sudo - you and me both! I was thinking she was going to say it was "do you want yours cheesed?" said really fast. I'm now thinking it had something to do with toasted, but as a transcriptionist, I think I listen sort of sideways to hear what they might be saying and I just can't make it out either.

I'd have to say no thanks too. :blink:

One of the eye opening verses was, "the righteous looketh well to the life of his beast."

Never admired a person who didn't "look well" to the life of his/her animals.

At this time in my life I can't have a pet because I travel for a week at a time with my work and husband isn't always here either because of his work.

Abigail,

I guess you'll have to pass me a sign too. I STILL don't know what she meant by chocheesed.

<center>sudo (who prefers a toasted garlic bagel slathered with cream cheese and then layered with Nova, tomato and purple onion...ummmm)</center>

Amen Sudo but dont forget the capers - lots and lots of them. And when I lived in the Baton Rouge I found a brand of lox that was better than Nova - cant remember the name- Laskins or something like that - came in a green box cut paper thin....

BTW LSU is gonna win

Edited by RumRunner

Here is one where I needed a sign.

I waitresses while in the corps. And I really liked it.

Anyway, I had this guy come in and as I looked past my pad of paper, on which I wrote the orders, I saw his guitar strap around his neck and running down the front of him.

So, I say, half looking at it, "nice guitar strap. Do you play?"

He kind of chokes.

I take a closer look and see he has prosthesis for an arm. Looked plastic and the strap ran down to hold it in a bent position (like a sling would)

Boy, did I need a sign. I am asking him if he is a guitar player and he has a plastic arm. I felt terrible

Sudo

Surely you meet the crazies in your field. Who was your weirdest?

I've got a police scanner/ radio by my computer,

and listen to it while I am on the computer.

No joke --- here is a conversation I heard tonight,

between the dispatcher, and squad 44.

(Meebe not STUPID -- but definitely a smart-åss comment.)

Dispatcher: Squad 44.

Squad 44: Yes?

Dispatcher: Please go to 57th Avenue east, and London road,

and check out two vehicles, one blue Ford pick-up, and one silver Mazda.

Both driving in reverse on London road.

Squad 44; Which way are they headed?

Dispatcher: Well -- they are HEADED west, but BACKING east!

:biglaugh: