GreaseSpot Cafe

Thanksgiving Thanks

topoftheworld

Sometimes I have to step back from myself and look around at what I do have to be thankful for. This little poem reminds me to be grateful for that, and I hope you enjoy it.

If you wish, share whatever you have to be thankful for (besides not being in TWI, which should go without saying :biglaugh: )

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!

EVERYDAY IS THANKSGIVING

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings, thank you, Lord, that I can hear.

There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible, thank you, Lord, that I can see.

Many are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising, thank you Lord, that I have the strength to rise.

There are many who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short, my children are so loud-thank you, Lord, for my family.

There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced, thank you, Lord, for the food we have.

There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous, thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work.

There are many who have no job.

Thank you, Lord for the friends and special times that touch my life in so many ways.

There are many who are not so lucky.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest, thank you, Lord, for life.

written by unknown author

Edited by topoftheworld

Thankful for my family and friends. And the ability to help others. Thankful for what J.C. accomplished for me on the cross.

Thankful for God's Wonderful Son, that he died for me and took my sins so far away.

Thankful God has not taken His Holy Spirit from me for I cannot live without Him.

Thankful for my family. They protect me from ever being alone.

Thankful for my church. They are the wall of fire around my life, around this city.

Thankful for my job. It helps us pay our bills and be able to buy the stuff we need to live.

Thankful for my neighbors. They are nice friends close at hand.

Thankful for Greasespot Cafe. It keeps me mindful of these things to be thankful for.

Thankfully,

what a nice thread and poem. i'm thankful for you, dear toppie

i am really thankful for my son even if he has been such a pain lately (is 7th grade like a bad age / year or something) okay never mind, getting back to thankful

tomorrow i'm going to see my mom and i'm so thankful

a few of my darling siblings and families will be there

i'm thankful for the four-day weekend

i'm thankful for how hard dottie matrix makes me laugh

and lotsa other stuff but that's okay for now

happy turkey day everyone !

thankful? where to begin....there is so much in our lives to be so thankful for.

i am thankful for my 4 great sons and my stepson too

and even though the mother of my sons took me to the cleaners i am thankful for her for giving me my sons and thankful that she was and is a wonderful mother{i don't have to like her but must give credit where it is due}

i am thankful for my beautiful wife{wow does she have patience!]

i will always be thankful for my parents{who are gone now}

for teaching me right from wrong and how to be a decent person.

where do i stop? there are just so manny things

and most of all

Thank You God

GREAT TOPIC, TOPPIE!!

Thankful that there's soooooo much to be thankful for!! :love3:

Life just keeps getting better and better!

Thankful for P@ul Allen and Paw!!

Thankful for the awesome friends I've made through their sites.

Thankful for my childhood friends.

Thankful for my awesome, awesome family (including my furry child :P ).

Thankful for my terrific neighbors.

And, I second OFM, I'm very thankful for all y'all!!! :)

Always thankful for the obvious stuff: family, friends, prosperity, my pooch, all the Greasespotters (especially Paw), but I'll add these more "ordinary" things:

1. The Web: pretty cool we can Google and look up just about anything; read and learn to our heart's content. Internet radio - - that's great too; jazz on my computer. Online shopping, online banking. I love it all. Oh! And I guess I shouldn't forget about CHAT rooms:biglaugh: Tres cool, as Belle would say.

2. Medical advancements that make 50 the new 30 (o.k. 40 in my case) -- but really - - we're in better shape and more active than our parents' and grandparents. I'll take that quality of life!

3. How about Food???? There are so many options (particularly in big cities). And you can buy it in grocery stores, online, dinners to go, all kinds of Asian, Mexican, gourmet, farmers markets. And if you want healthy, organic, or just down home (sorry Geo) it's all easily accessible.

4. Cell phones: man, where did we hide before we were accessible 24/7???? Really, for a single woman who travels - - cell phones are a God-send. And what about text messaging. Isn't it great to watch teens conduct their social life messaging away???? And now, you can even pass the time away in boring meetings at work sending stupid comments about your boss via your cell phone. Now THAT's entertainment! :biglaugh: And I guess I should include the great cell plans these days, with long distance included - -what a deal when your family is across country!

5. Cable, TiVo, movies on iPODs or on your computer from a DVD. All pretty spiffy.

6. Other simple stuff: walking thru the woods after it's rained (what a fresh smell); laughter (especially the spontaneous, loud and innocent laughter of a child); friends (you know - - the family you get to CHOOSE!) ;); I guess I HAVE to include this one: gardening - - growing your own veggies; flowers in the spring and summer....(sigh) :)

I guess I'll end with one serious one.

FORGIVENESS: The response of the Amish community following the murder of those schoolchildren was a wonderful reminder of love and forgiveness. Maybe they're not all over it yet, but perhaps they are a lot further along the healing process because of their willingness to create a forgiving space for the healing to take place. I'm thankful people forgive me when I'm a bonehead (especially my kids), but I'm more thankful that I've learned how to become forgiving even in difficult situations. Life's too short for all that baggage.

Happy Thanksgiving.

J.

Thankful for my wife and kids.

Thankful that we all are healthy and blessed.

Thankful for all of the adventures in Life that God has allowed me to have.

And so very thankful to know someone like Toppie who has endured more than any sweet woman should ever endure, and not not complain about it, nor wear it on her sleeve. You are gold girl, solid gold....

Your strength is solid and unbelieveable...

Thanks Toppie for the thread, and may your Thanksgiving Day be filled with blessings....

Kevin

Edited by Jonny Lingo

I'm thankful for my two girls. Without them my I might still be alive, but I sure as heck wouldn't enjoy it as much.

Thankful for friends who are committed to being honest as well as loving.

Thankful for the opportunity to make a difference in someone's life.