GreaseSpot Cafe

so has anyone ever written a book

motherof2

it seems to me that there is very little published about the negative impact of the way...

probably because there isn't a large market. Unless you self publish, like Karl did you won't get it published. And I doubt that even if you self publish you could make any money on it. So it would be a labor of love and a financial contribution to boot. That's why god invented the internet.

Maybe Karl didn't market his book in a manner which would yield a greater return? I'm writing a book on my life in TWI. The only reason why I am doing it is that people who I have talked to about my adventures in TWI have all said "You should write a book!" They were people not involved in TWI. They were flabbergasted by some of the things that I shared. It hard to write a book though. You have to be really motivated. That seems to be the hard part for me now. My book is not meant to trash TWI, but I will tell it like it happened. If TWI looks bad, so be it.

I wrote one - debating a lot of VPW's doctrine. I didn't get personal with Wierwille's or Martindale's life. I also didn't relate anything much about my experiences in the Way.

The book is on Amazon.com and several internet book stores including Barnes & Noble, Target, and sites like that. A few bookstores in the United States picked it up.

I am updating the book because I found things that got by editing and also updated my research on one topic. So it will kind of be a second edition. I don't recommend buying it just yet because I prefer people get the updated version. I still owe some people a copy of the book but am waiting for the update.

For anyone that wanted to know, the book is called The Genesis Pursuit: The Lost History of Jesus Christ.

It is not a big seller but it has sold...but then again, I didn't write it to be a big seller, just to let persons looking at TWI what the doctrine was like. It was also written to comfort a lot of people suffering from accusations by TWI against them.

Well, that's mine. God Bless GS.

Eagle

Edited by Eagle

Eagle... I had no idea...

"a shopping we will go, a shopping we will go....."

(can't wait to read it!)

Actually, I have also been told I should write a book. And I have even considered it once or twice.

But mine would have almost nothing to do with twi doctrine, and everything to do with my personal experiences both getting in and getting out. As such, even if I do write it eventually, I will probably never publish it because of the impact it would have on my family members and others closely involved.

I wrote one - debating a lot of VPW's doctrine. ...

The book is on Amazon.com and several internet book stores including Barnes & Noble, Target, and sites like that. A few bookstores in the United States picked it up. ...

For anyone that wanted to know, the book is called The Genesis Pursuit: The Lost History of Jesus Christ. ...

It is not a big seller but it has sold...but then again, I didn't write it to be a big seller, just to let persons looking at TWI what the doctrine was like. It was also written to comfort a lot of people suffering from accusations by TWI against them.

Well, that's mine. God Bless GS.

Eagle

Well, Eagle, at least Amazon.com has it in stock!

:eusa_clap:

Eagle-------Kudos! :eusa_clap:

That's exactly 100% more books than I have written.( and close to how many I've read.)

My grandson Cletus(that's his name) Is fixin' to fetch me up one soon's the new version is printed.

Could you keep us updated on that as it happens?

Thanks, everyone! Actually, I was going to post the book here when the update was made but somehow I couldn't let this thread go by, I guess.

I am updating the book because a lot got by editing and I had originally written the book in British-style puncuation, a habit I picked up from my graduate school days when I had international professors. I am redoing it in American style puncuation. The research update includes finding where Wierwille used the Greek word "sun" when trying to prove four crucified with Christ. I originally said I could not find where he got that. Well, I found it as part of a compound verb form, so have noted it in the book. His conclusion on that word is still debatable, though.

Much of it came from already posted articles on my website, that finally I had to take down to make more room. Rather than let them go into oblivion, they were made into a book. There are twelve chapters, the last not dealing with Wierwille at all but the Da Vinci code. I do address the Lamb of the First Year in that chapter, though.

If you have already ordered it off of Amazon for Christmas, then I'll need to know, because I would like to arrange for you to get the updated version free of charge. I'd rather wait for people to wait on this though. It is like buying an unfinished product. I don't want anyone to do that.

When the book is REALLY completed, I'll post again here. I'll give a review of what is in the book and let people decide then. But if you did buy this book, the book is still good, but I'd rather get your email address and later your address to be sure you get the updated version free of charge. So please try not to buy it now. I have only so many free copies to pass out. Then again, I want the best for everyone.

I hope some do not mind my stand on some of TWI doctrine. I figured if there was any tolerance of it, it would be here at GS.

God Bless and Merry Christmas to all!

Eagle

Stephen John Spencer