his lack of honesty shows in history

started this thread cuz i needed to

and hopefully help someone else who is in denial

plenty of stories i've read so far that hit home

people who have stopped for decades and then started again

loosing what they gained in material and mental capacities

it can be ignored and hidden well by many

but it's seen by some

CMan, your post that started with this is brilliant and very honest. As far as VP is concerned, I just thought I would tell you what he'd said in my presence, just because I believe in historical accuracy. But whatever. He drank that damned Drambui till the day he croaked, and I saw him drunker'n a lord and it embarrassed a whole bunch of us in the Tenth Corps one time. And so yes, his hypocrisy was glaring, although he still believed in AA, for whatever it's worth....

But anyway, that point aside, your post was/is awesome, and I applaud you in your efforts to get and stay sober. All I can say is, be thankful for your success, do not fear to share the method of your deliverance, yet do not be surprised if not everyone is ready to hear it, for, their time "may not be yet". But, the words you speak may well plant the seeds of discovery for those who know of their addiction, and who want to at some time, deal with it. But just like for you, you finally came to the timing that was right for you, and at the right time for them, they may well remember your words. And if they never get honest and deal with it, they will no doubt "reap the whirlwind"...

Selah, Brother...

IM not judging anyone do as you wish.

I just do not think it is all that spectacular achievment that a person decides not to be a drunk.

it might be a difficult thing.. so is alot of life . and how did the person get to be an alcoholic? bu drinking a choice they made white wash it all you want no one was born an alcoholic no one has died or suffered or made the family suffer by NOT drinking .

abuse anything to much and it will hurt you that is why the bible says moderation in all things.

why is it alocholics need so much pity for what they chose to do?

cancer victims recover and they need to such programs to live a happy life and feel "normal" in society and that is the mental illness part of the alocholism they drink for a reason then when they decide enough is enough and wrecked who may ever be in the path of their own destruction.. it is all about seeking glory for doing the right thing now.

nah. no glory in alcohol abuse and no glory in stopping it.

the thing is alochol is still a huge part of their life it surrounds their survival , and that is just sad not wonderful . sorry those who arent in the club of making life all about alochol and then if trying to stay sober STILL all about alochol.

it is to boring like shellon said.

abuse anything to much and it will hurt you that is why the bible says moderation in all things.

cancer victims recover and they need to such programs to live a happy life and feel "normal" in society and that is the mental illness part of the alocholism they drink for a reason then when they decide enough is enough and wrecked who may ever be in the path of their own destruction.. it is all about seeking glory for doing the right thing now.

Alcoholics need pity? You make it sound like it is all without exception. Most in AA I have known are not seeking pity at all. They work their program and live day by day.

Sure the Bible say moderation in all things. BUT there is no moderate amount of alcohol for an alcoholic. That's why they cannot drink EVER AGAIN as part of the recovery process.

Pond, sometimes I wonder where the hell your mind is because you talk with your foot in your mouth and don't make a lick of sense. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

This was what I said in response to your apparent attempt to put everyone into some box.

Man it would be so much easier in this life if we all fit into others molds and afore judged boundaries for us.

And again, how very boring.

You don't get to take my words out of context as if they apply in agreement to you.

What is boring is you thinking you know everything about a subject and not being at all willing to listen to facts that prove otherwise? And boring if we were all alike. That was the boring I meant, read it.

Noone's every died from NOT drinking you say huh? Wow, where in the world have you been? Ever picked up a newpaper, read a book, watched a news piece, read a medical journal, had a conversation?

IM not judging anyone do as you wish.

I just do not think it is all that spectacular achievment that a person decides not to be a drunk.

it might be a difficult thing.. so is alot of life . and how did the person get to be an alcoholic? bu drinking a choice they made white wash it all you want no one was born an alcoholic no one has died or suffered or made the family suffer by NOT drinking .

the thing is alochol is still a huge part of their life it surrounds their survival , and that is just sad not wonderful . sorry those who arent in the club of making life all about alochol and then if trying to stay sober STILL all about alochol.

it is to boring like shellon said.

Well Pond -- You're entitled to your opinions.

By the way --I notice your spelling and syntax are both a bit off tonight. Are you drinking while posting??

And -- no one (alcoholics -- myself included) is looking for sympathy.

I don't know what hat you pulled that statement out of, but it sucks. Big time.

It's an accomplishment to NOT engage in previous detrimental behavior.

Too bad you can't accept that. Everything you are saying is invalidated

by your bad attitude towards those who are looking for recovery,

and finding it.

In other words -- You haven't got a clue, about which you are speaking of.

I found this pic on the internet. Try to be better than this ---please.

hutb2.jpg

Edited by dmiller

Pond,

You said:

no one was born an alcoholic
Yes, they are.

http://aladdin.wustl.edu/medadmin/PAnews.n...F1?OpenDocument

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/87/99592.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/...50325231805.htm

You also said:

Alcohol has never been my drug of choice, I've never been to AA or Al-Anon, or anthing like that. I don't know Cman, except from here. But I have experienced addition in my life. And speaking only for myself, you're right. My addiction became my god. Everything I did revolved around my addiction. And I felt I couldn't survive without it. But I made a decision to stop. And, you know, there came a time when I didn't even think about it. And while my addiction to this day will still call my name, its very few and far between. It sure isn't my god anymore. My life isn't all about my addiction.

I still don't see anywhere where Cman asks for anything. Certainly not glory or pity. But, good night! The Bible says the angels in Heaven rejoice when one who was lost is found. If God's ok with that, what's so wrong with being happy for my brother?

Cman, I am happy for you.

mj aka pond is just jealous that she hasn't made any spectacular changes in her life. It's really frustrating to see others bettering themselves while she continues to wallow in the quagmire of her life. She's not going to change - she said the same b.s. when she was posting as mj. I recommend frustrating her even further and not acknowledging her idiotic illogic.

cman, good on ya! Thanks for sharing and thanks for bringing up this very difficult but poignant topic. Continuing to pray for your strength and healing.

Thanks Belle,

Pond it isn't about alcohol, it's about people helping people with the same problem.

Just like greaspotcafe wouldn't you think.

There is no one proud of there drinking but certainly proud that they have stopped.

Some relapse,but still come back because they know where the help is.

And I forget who said it about talking face to face,

ithink another forum.

But when this happens there is contact with this person,

nowhere to hide, honesty is a must.

This is where a lot of the help comes from.

being with people who know and you can't fool them.

The old timers for sure.

There are those that are there that have quit for a long time.

But they still need to help and be helped.

People need people.

That is the way we are.

It is not good for man to be alone.

Ever wonder why?

And it's not surprising to me that someone would try to talk me into me not having a problem with alcohol. It's all over the tv and circles of friends and in the minds of people who cannot broaden their perspective as sirguessalot lovingly put it.

aa is not the only way but it's what i need now and you will not talk me out of it nor will your attitude hinder me but make me stronger to face this head on with moderation.

aa knows how to help you help yourself. So do other people that are right here at greasespot. Yet they are overlooked and wrote off as crazy or something.

no one makes a person drink in excess.

and no one has the ability " to talk you into me not having a problem with alcohol."

many roles are played out in the dynamics of addiction.. maybe when you get time you can look up the role of saviour . it is a genuine title from the book from AA. it is a role and a false one that is part of the issue. it is part of the problem and why you may continue to get stuck in addiction.

codepency is very much linked to the dynamics of the problem in our culture.

the question is... why does your life still revolve around alcohol? even tho your still not drinking?

i do not drink but i do not need assurance that im ok or doing something fabulus because i do not . those without the problem just do not give that much "power" to a liquid .

See??? that is the difference in an addict and one who is not .

now that isnt judgement it is truth. it is so very difficult for those in the issue to move forward and live without alcohol being the constant focus point of your life.

As long as it fills your thoughts as much as it is you must you battle it.

that is not recovery. it is a steel grip on surviving one more day without drinking.

to take the focus off that fact, and say it is about the other guy is a part of the "disease" and if you are following the "program" you know this as a truth.

I do hope you get well soon . im ok with the "judgement" greasepot has twi was full of co-dependents and saviour complex personalities.

you have no idea what you are talking about pond

till you have been there and experienced it and honest enough to see it

your addiction seems to be plain to see

you don't understand and don't want to

you get your jollyies by putting people down when they are going up

you are an antagonist

narrowminded

uninformed

it is not about life revolving around alcohol

it's about people helping people

of which you apparently have no clue how it works

mj aka pond is just jealous that she hasn't made any spectacular changes in her life. It's really frustrating to see others bettering themselves while she continues to wallow in the quagmire of her life. She's not going to change - she said the same b.s. when she was posting as mj. I recommend frustrating her even further and not acknowledging her idiotic illogic.

cman, good on ya! Thanks for sharing and thanks for bringing up this very difficult but poignant topic. Continuing to pray for your strength and healing.

So Belle

do you know me? Do you have ideas or facts about my life?

any othr fantasy thoughts about me you wish to share? or do you just make stuff up and claim to be in the know about me and my life?

rather the latter really.

you have no idea what you are talking about pond

till you have been there and experienced it and honest enough to see it

your addiction seems to be plain to see

you don't understand and don't want to

you get your jollyies by putting people down when they are going up

you are an antagonist

narrowminded

uninformed

it is not about life revolving around alcohol

it's about people helping people

of which you apparently have no clue how it works

i do not drink, only addiction is ciggs here.

so unless a person has "been there" and "experienced " it they cant understand, yes addicts live in their own little seperate world apart from the rest.. yes i know that is why they have the problem and why AA is so needed for support.

one of the creeds is to "accept the things you can not change" and the wisdom to know the difference.

people can not make people stop drinking. attack all you want im happy your trying to get well.

no reason to attack me . but the anger issues are obvious, so is the focus on others which if your working the program is part of the problem .

the entire wolrd is not struggling with addiction only the one your living in .

Edited by pond

yes addicts live in their own little seperate world apart from the rest

this is what will change with help

you really should retract some of your uninformed statements

it is you guessing, not a real understanding

i put the focus on you because you put it on me

then perhaps as now...maybe you can see what the help is about

what is in quotes is part of the problem

therefore the help aa offers

allows the person to break out of this 'world'.

and that separatre world of the one with the bottle and still drinking

doesn't know how to stop

has no hope

put s the barrel of a gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger

ending life

literally or figuratively

both are horrible deaths

that can be avoided with help

you defy the help that is there pond

you are an enabler of the downward spiral

I think hope is always here.

I didnt start the thread you did about this topic.

yes that is the problem we agree.

I do not defy "the help" I just do not need it .

those who do can not see some do not have this problem.. No not a judgement, just truth.

It is good you want those who need support in the struggle , to reach out to you, just remember to not get so caught up in a saviour complex you get focused on others and their issues and not your own recovery.

that is how addicts run into trouble without realizing, before it is to late.

be strong.

Alcohol is a part of our culture.

deeply embedded.

not everyone has issue with alcohol cman.

AA is helpful for those who struggle with an addiction to a liquid in which they feel compelled to drink in excess.

I highly doubt we will see alcohol as an illegal or prohibited in our culture because it doesnt need to be except for those who abuse it, and that is why they have their own club.

and no I do not drink and no I do not think it should be illegal because some abuse it.

sorry if that makes it more difficult for those struggling with addiction.