GreaseSpot Cafe

Did Anyone see a Commercial for TWI during the Ohio State-Michigan game?

Eagle

It was toward the end of the game, if not the end of the game, and right after it, in Lima, Ohio where I was watching the game with my troops, we saw a TWI commercial flash on the screen. My First Sergeant saw it, so it wasn't a flashback. It was the Singing Ladies of the Way, perhaps an older filmclip, and the clip said "The Way International". It was about 5 seconds long. Please tell me someone else saw this, too.

The horror. The horror.

- Apocalypse Now

Eagle

Edited by Eagle

Eagle, and what were you smokin'? Heheheh just kidding.

Might they have just paid for a commercial on the Lima station?

And the Singing Ladies? Holy Cow, that'll reel 'em in, won't it?? ROFL I can tell RR is still in charge. She probably thinks that's cutting edge in the music biz.

Broadcast TV and Radio are required to give away a certain amount of free air time to public interest and community based groups. They'll give it away, especially locally, to just about anyone. I'm guessing this was strictly a local spot.

I work in radio and we give away 10 second spots all the time to a wide variety of churches and charities.

I remember being up late one night in the late 70's in NY. It was either WOR 9 or WPIX 11 in NY, they used to sign off (remember the days before informertials?) at 2 am with a prayer from a different clergy man of varying faiths.

I was 1/2 asleep when I hear John Lynn's voice coming from my TV.

And to think I took it as a sign of Way Over the World! ha

ewwwww..... as if the locals aren't already sick enough of just having them in Ohio. :blink:

At least if they're trying to reach people with TVs those folks will also google the group before getting interested.

They've been broadcasting some kind of Way Prod showcase, and maybe some teaching on TV in the area around HQ. It's called "The Way International Presents". You probably saw a blurb for that.

Well,, I look at it this way.. The more they start spending that money on advertisement and all, the faster they become broke, because everyone that worked for TWI for the past few years knows they are not receiving much ABS anymore, so their money is dwindling.. As soon as that happens, everyone will see TWI for what it was..

At least one can only hope right?! I know they have quite a number of millions still stashed, but a million ain't much these days!

And I found out a couple of weeks ago that one of my doctors at the VA in Phoenix grew up near Grand Lake St. Mary's... which is not far from New Knoxville... she's younger than I am... but she's familiar with twi, but just barely. She also went to medical school in Toledo. I think she mentioned having seen billboard(s) on Hwy 29.

T&O, true. I hadn't thought of it that way. :) Besides that, if they start spending all that money and still have pathetic numbers, will that cause some TWIts to pause and consider declining the kool-aid and moving on with their lives? I sure hope so!

I don't mind if CFF or CES does that. There isn't really that much legalism involved in those organizations. (There are a few renegades in each splinter group, however, that like to believe that the new group is another TWI, and try to lord it over people. I am sure that this is not what the leaders want in these groups. It is easy to tell those individuals to get lost.)

Eagle

I think that twi is only fulfilling legal requirements to the IRS to maintain their religious tax status...

...they have invested their "retirement" money and actually have little need for ABS or new members. They simply put on a facade of "outreach" and keep the trains running on time...

The top tier of twi leaders have, long ago, abandoned any real efforts of "Christian" ministry.

yeah, if they have RC's all over, HQ and a training campus, publications AND run commercials inviting people to come check out the SWEET fellowship, it LOOKS like a worldwide church, and as long as you don't get close, it SMELLS like a church, and therefore is worthy of tax exemption.