GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

So Little Red Riding Hood didn't have enough feminine charms to trap a wolf her own age, so she falls in love with the butler and lives happily ever after on an ashpile - if you know what I mean.

Uh, are you sure this is a quote from the movie?

We're SUPPOSED to be guessing from quotes off the movie.

The person's supposed to post primarily those, and possibly

supplement them with hints if multiple quotes aren't ringing any bells.

Here's the rules, from the first post...

This is simple: I quote the movie, you name it. If you guess correctly I say yes, and you pick the next quote. Try to wait until your "guess" is verified, but if you're absolutely positively sure, then go on without verification. (Example: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" comes from Gone With the Wind. You don't have to wait for me to verify that. But other quotes may be a bit obscure).

Thank you Wordwolf....Yes this is a quote from the movie. Two clues are in the quote,about the movie. Another clue: Are you wanted by the police?

That's just the trouble. Nobody wants me.

It was made 70 years ago.

More quotes:

.......------ gonna be our butler. ....... He's gonna be who's butler?

........ He's gonna work for us.

........ Oh, that's ridiculous. You don't know anything about him. He hasn't any recommendations...

........ Well, the last one had recommendations and stole all the silver.

........ Well, that was merely a coincidence.

........ People who take in stray cats say they make the best pets, madam.

........ I don't see what cats have got to do with butlers.

Hope this helps! :)

Beautiful film. My Man Godfrey

And now for something a little less obscure...

"Yes I hated the deal, but I'm sorry you feel so badly about it. Your children love you, they want to play with you. How long do you think that lasts? Soon Jack might not even want you to come to his games. We have a few special years with our children, when they're the ones that want us around. After that you're going to be running after them for a bit of attention. It's so fast Peter. Just a few years, and it's over. And you are not being careful. And you are missing it."

Edited by Raf

Hook

The name Peter helped to give it away...

XXXXXXXX: My first matter of business I would like to appoint a new Sheriff... My friend Achoo.

Crowd: A black sheriff?

Blinkin: He's black!

Achoo: Hey, it worked in Blazing Saddles!

crowd: Yeah.

Edited by ChasUFarley

Hey that's" Robin Hood" :)

......Men in Tights..

Here you go:

I put a curse on that plane. My sister is on that plane. I put a curse on that plane that it's gonna explode, burn on fire and fall into the sea. Fifty years ago, she stole a man from me. S'aprice l'uomo! Today she tells me that she never loved him, that she took him to be strong on me. Now she's going back to Sicily. Di returne Silicia! I cursed her that the green Atlantic water should swallow her up!

You bet. Fun movie! Your turn. :)

My apologies. For some reason, CA's response, which was dated June 27th, didn't show up in my mailbox until last night.

"Then it don't matter. I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be everywhere, wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready. And when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build, well, I'll be there, too."

Very good movie and book, I am glad I live today,and after reading it I really don't have much to complain about.........The Grapes of Wrath.

He's a nice, quiet, peace-loving man, come home to Ireland to forget his troubles. Sure, yes, yes, he's a millionare, you know, like all the Yanks. But he's eccentric - ooh, he is eccentric! Wait 'til I show ya... his bag to sleep in - a sleeping bag, he calls it! Here, let me show you how it operates.

You got it. Great movie...Your turn.