GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Easy one:

"Do you know how much damage this bulldozer would sustain if I just let it roll over you?"

"How much?"

"None at all."

===

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."

I know this great Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

:) I'll let someone else guess!

Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.

George is up. Mine is a line from the same movie he is posting.I am not answering.Sorry I didn't say that..Have fun. :)

I'm not sure of the full name of the movie, but I think it's The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai in the Fifth Dimension, or something.

Edited by Raf

I knew it was one of those dimensions.

This should be easy. If you don't get it right away, nothing I tell you will help.

"Bless me"? Do you know what God did for me? He threw an 18-wheeled truck at me and bounced me into nowhere for five years! When I woke up, my girl was gone, my job was gone, my legs are just about useless... Blessed me? God's been a real sport to me!"

===

"The missiles are flying. Hallelujah, Hallelujah!"

How many movies are there about a guy getting hit by a truck and slipping into a coma for five years, with another scene featuring a guy happy that missiles are flying?

Early 80s flick. The subject and characters have seen a relatively recent resurgence.

Did not see this one,,, I'll have to rent it!

Wow.

ANYone?

"Put your hand on the scanning screen, and you'll go down in history with me!"

"As what? The world's greatest mass murderers?"

"You cowardly b*st*rd! You're not the voice of the people, I am the voice of the people! The people speak through me, not you!

===

"The ice is going to break!

===

"Your house is burning! There's still time!"

===

These are the quote I would have posted if I had wanted to stump you. The earlier quotes were absolute giveaways. That is, if you're at all familiar with the plot of the movie.

Edited by Raf

Thank you, Topsy!

The Dead Zone was recently made into a USA Network TV series starring Anthony Michael Hall. But the Christopher Walken movie is just fantastic. It's under "horror" in the video store, but should be under "thrillers."

Correct.

Apocalypse Now

New quote:

"Mom, I can't talk right now, I'm having sex with a white woman."

===

"Look around! You couldn't find a whiter, safer or better lit part of this city. But this white woman sees two black guys, who look like UCLA students, strolling down the sidewalk and her reaction is blind fear. I mean, look at us! Are we dressed like gangbangers? Do we look threatening? No. Fact, if anybody should be scared, it's us: the only two black faces surrounded by a sea of over-caffeinated white people, patrolled by the triggerhappy LAPD. So, why aren't we scared?"

"Because we have guns?"

"You could be right."

I've tried to read *all* the posts in the 94 pages, but I could have missed this one. Anyway...I just watched this again this morning...it's a favourite.

"If I were not mad, I could have helped you. Whatever you had done, I could have pitied and protected you. But because I am mad, I hate you. Because I am mad, I have betrayed you. And because I'm mad, I'm rejoicing in my heart, without a shred of pity, without a shred of regret, watching you go with glory in my heart!"

here is the floor, open for guesses,

QT

You really like the oldies.....