GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

One of my favorite lines from one of my favorite films.

Sam: You don't like raisins?

Joon: Not really.

Sam: Why?

Joon: They used to be fat and juicy and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. I can't say I am a big supporter of the raisin council.

Sam: Did you see those, those raisins on TV? The ones that sing and dance and stuff?

Joon: They scare me.

Sam: Yeah me too

Joon: It's sick. The commercial people they make them sing and dance so people will eat them.

Sam: It's a shame about raisins.

Joon: Cannibals.

Sam: Yeah. Do you like avocados?

Joon: They're a fruit you know.

Sam: Ruthie, do you got any avocados?

Ok, here's one more. Easy if you've seen it, but you might be able to figure it out even if you haven't.

"I don't understand you people! I mean all these picky little points you keep bringing up. They don't mean nothin'. You saw this kid just like I did. You're not gonna tell me you believe that phony story about losing the knife, and that business about being at the movies. Look, you know how these people lie! It's born in them! I mean what the heck? I don't even have to tell you. They don't know what the truth is! And, lemme tell you, they don't need any real big reason to kill someone, either! No sir!

You know, they get drunk... oh, they're very big drinkers, all of 'em, and bang: someone's lyin' in the gutter. Oh, nobody's blaming them for it. That's how they are! By nature! You know what I mean? VIOLENT!

Human life don't mean as much to them as it does to us!

Hey! Where are you going? Look, these people're lushing it up and fighting all the time and if somebody gets killed, so somebody gets killed! They don't care! Oh, sure, there are some good things about 'em, too. Look, I'm the first one to say that.

I've known a couple who were OK, but that's the exception, y'know what I mean?

Most of 'em, it's like they have no feelings! They can do anything! What's goin' on here? I'm trying to tell you we're makin' a big mistake, you people! This kid's a liar! I know it. I know all about them! I mean, what's happenin' here? I'm speaking my piece, and you...

Listen to me! They're no good! There's not a one of 'em who's any good!

Boy, are you smart! Well, I'm tellin' 'ya we better watch out! This kid on trial here, his type... Well, don't you know about them?

What are you doin'? Listen to me! I'm tryin' to tell you somethin'! There's a danger here! These people are wild! Don't you know about it? LISTEN TO ME! LISTEN!"

"I have. Now sit down and don't open your mouth again."

Edited by Raf

Right idea, wrong movie.

I already did my "Too Kill a Mockingbird" quote some time ago. :)

I think it was, "Jean Louise, stand up! Your father's passing."

The extended quote above is not from To Kill a Mockingbird. The scene I'm referring to actually made me cry, which is not its intent.

The rant was against Puerto Ricans, and as he was ranting, one by one the jurors (all white men) stood up and turned their backs on him. I was so impressed that such a message was sent so powerfully in 1957 that I actually cried watching it (for the first time last weekend).

This will help you visualize the rant better (thank you imdb.com)

Juror #10: I don't understand you people! I mean all these picky little points you keep bringing up. They don't mean nothin'. You saw this kid just like I did. You're not gonna tell me you believe that phony story about losing the knife, and that business about being at the movies. Look, you know how these people lie! It's born in them! I mean what the heck? I don't even have to tell you. They don't know what the truth is! And, lemme tell you, they don't need any real big reason to kill someone, either! No sir!

[Five gets up from his seat]

Juror #10: You know, they get drunk... oh, they're very big drinkers, all of 'em, and bang: someone's lyin' in the gutter. Oh, nobody's blaming them for it. That's how they are! By nature! You know what I mean? VIOLENT!

[Nine rises and crosses to the window]

Juror #10: Human life don't mean as much to them as it does to us!

[Eleven gets up and walks to the other window]

Juror #10: Hey! Where are you going? (Beginning to sound desperate.) Look, these people're lushing it up and fighting all the time and if somebody gets killed, so somebody gets killed! They don't care! Oh, sure, there are some good things about 'em, too. Look, I'm the first one to say that.

[Eight gets up and walks to the nearest wall]

Juror #10: I've known a couple who were OK, but that's the exception, y'know what I mean?

[Two and Six get up from the table. Everyone's back is to Ten]

Juror #10: Most of 'em, it's like they have no feelings! They can do anything! What's goin' on here? I'm trying to tell you we're makin' a big mistake, you people! This kid's a liar! I know it. I know all about them! I mean, what's happenin' here? I'm speaking my piece, and you...

[the Foreman gets up and walks away. So does Twelve]

Juror #10: Listen to me! They're no good! There's not a one of 'em who's any good!

[seven turns away]

Juror #10: Boy, are you smart! Well, I'm tellin' 'ya we better watch out! This kid on trial here, his type... Well, don't you know about them?

[Three turns his back]

Juror #10: What are you doin'? Listen to me! I'm tryin' to tell you somethin'! There's a danger here! These people are wild! Don't you know about it? LISTEN TO ME! LISTEN!

Juror #4: I have. Now sit down and don't open your mouth again.

Edited by Raf

The woman who spoke the words in the first clue is best known for her role on a beloved long-running comedy of the eighties.

The young lady who spoke the following words is from a prestigious bloodline. She won a Young Artist award for BestyYoung Actress in a motion picture.

I'm just a kid, and I don't know what I'm doing sometimes. But I think you should know better when you're all grown up. I think you should know how to act, and how to treat people. And I think if you once loved someone enough to marry them, you should at least be nice to them, even if you don't love 'em any more. And I think if you have a child, you should treat that child like a human being and not like a pet. Not like you treat your dog or somethin'. You know, when you have a dog sometimes you forget he's there, and then when you get lonely suddenly you remember him, and you remember how cute he is and stuff, and you kiss him a lot, but then the next day when you're busy again you don't notice him. That's how I've been treated for the past 4 years, and you don't treat your kid like your dog. It's not right.

Be Good Where Everybody Knows Your Name?

Irreconcilable Differences

New quote (I've seen this movie done on this game before, but it's been pages and pages and pages).

"The bullet came out of the wall. Why did the bullet come out of the wall?"

"To get to the other side?"

---

"When did you get so paranoid?"

"When they started plotting against me."

---

"Oh, Henry, this might interest you. The mother whale in the Ukraine had triplets."

"She told me she was on the pill!"

Edited by modcat5

Nope.

"You work for the city. It was your turn."

"The right foot, are you out of your mind? The offer is rescinded. How stupid do you think we are? What do you think I get when I put two and two together? Three? Three and a half?"

"Aw, Jesus, Bernie. Come on with the smoke. You know the doctor found nicotine in my urine again."

"Then keep your d--- out of my ashtray."

"Now don't overreact. If we go after it early, before it metastasizes to a bone, the majority of these prostate cancer cases are beatable."

"Go after it how?"

"Irridation therapy."

"That's fantastic. That's wonderful, because, as it turns out, that's exactly the portion of my anatomy I'd like to see exposed to radiation."

"You'll have to take an hour or two off work for each treatment. We should start right away. How's next Monday?"

"To burn a hole in my a**? Sounds good. Then I still have the weekend. [pause] Could you possibly be any more humorless about this?"

"I don't believe so. No."

----

"You got a cop quote?"

"A what?"

"Quote. You know, they talk, you write, we print?"

----

"Are you telling me these banker schmucks lost $5 million of the Mob's money?"

"Dumbfellas, huh? Unwise guys."

----

"There's something I'd like to discuss. I didn't want to bother you upstairs. I feel an obligation to... act on this directly with you because I think we have a good - I think we have a good relationship... and I'd like to take it further. And I think the way to do that is face to face. You know, you and I, face to face."

"Alicia."

"Yeah?"

"I'm gay."

"Oh! Umm... well, I mean, I wasn't - I mean, that's fine."

"Alicia?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm kidding."

Edited by modcat5

Let's make it easy.

"You wanna cover Brooklyn, then cover Brooklyn! But let me tell you something, it's a little tough to do from a barstool in Manhattan."

-----

"What do you think I'm trying to do?. Look, I got news for you. I'm not locked up in the men's room with a cop because it's a good time. Frankly, I've had better times, okay? I'm here because I think the story is wrong. Is it? Is it? If you have something, give it to me now, but don't stand there and act coy and say "F--- you", because, quite frankly, it's a waste of all of our time. And you know what? I don't have any more time. I have no more f---ing time. I need it f---ing today, I need it right now!"

-----

"I hate columnists! Why do I have all these columnists? I got political columnists, guest columnists... celebrity columnists - The only thing I don't have is a dead columnist. That's the kind I could really use. We reek of opinions. What every columnist at this paper needs to do is to shut the f--- up."