GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

I'm giving this clue from memory, so it may have been:

"What was THAT?"

"I believe it was the same sound made by the Green Lantern when Sinestro threw him into a vat of acid."

Another clue:

"This is the worst day of my life!"

"No, it's the worst day of your life SO FAR!"

George

"I'll let you hold the bomb..."

"The man knows me!"

"We have a great life here in Alaska, and we're never going back to America again!"

"Ok, boys, when you meet Jesus, be sure to call Him Mr. Christ."

"Will Buddha be there?"

"No."

"What was THAT?"

"I believe it was the same sound made by the Green Lantern when Sinestro threw him into a vat of acid."

"My whole life...I've done nothing but read and collect comic books. A life WELL SPENT!!"

George

Well, Harry and Lloyd never went to Alaska, so I'm thinking, who'd be dumb enough to utter that line?

And the only name I can come up with is Homer Simpson.

Is it The Simpsons Movie?

It is, indeed.

"I'll let you hold the bomb..."

"The man knows me!"

Homer convincing Bart to leave the Flanderses.

"We have a great life here in Alaska, and we're never going back to America again!"

Homer, to his family after they've escaped the dome over Springfield and hide from the government.

"Ok, boys, when you meet Jesus, be sure to call Him Mr. Christ."

"Will Buddha be there?"

"No."

The Flanderses, preparing for the end.

Bart, and Homer's reply.

"What was THAT?"

Comic Book Guy responding to a scream. I chuckle every time I think of this. :D

"My whole life...I've done nothing but collect comic books... A life WELL SPENT!!"

Comic Book Guy, preparing for the end. I sympathize.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Hey-

ever hear of another place-show or movie-that ever mentioned Sinestro?

I imagine he meant HAL JORDAN specifically, and not any OTHER Green Lantern,

despite there being several for Earth alone, plus a GL Corps that currently number

MORE THAN 3600, since the most manic GL fans only count Hal.

Despite, you know, him going crazy, destroying the Corps, killing the Guardians,

and absorbing the power of the Central Power Battery ("Emerald Twilight"),

then trying to rewrite all of time his way ("Zero Hour"),

then dying to save Earth from the Sun-Eater ("Final Night"),

then coming back and spending years as the Spectre ("Day of Judgement"),

only to return as Green Lantern due to editorial fiat to satisfy the rabid fanboys on staff.

(None of that was Hal's fault, a big, yellow bug did it.)

Sinestro appeared in Justice League Unlimited a few times. He might have popped up in Super-Friends (or sequels), Other than that, I can't think of any.

I was a bit <_< perturbed when DC took my favorite hero and turned him into a universe-destroying nutcase. The way they brought him back was absurd (well, maybe not by comic-book standards); but I can live with it.

George

We've all got our favorites.

Dan Didio announced that his FIRST thought when he got the "big chair" in DC was to KILL OFF NIGHTWING,

since he wasn't Robin, and wasn't Batman.

THEN he found out the gut response of the fans was to collect rope, torches and pitchforks.

He was completely unaware that Nightwing has had a loyal, vocal fanbase for most of the existence of the

character. When DC first made messageboards, Nightwing was the ONLY character who had a busy messageboard

but did NOT have his own series. (So they gave him a one-shot. Then a miniseries.)

Nightwing's "only" been around since the 1940s, is a mainstay of the DCU, and FRIENDS (not just an "associate" with,

like Batman and a lot of others), but actually FRIENDS with a lot of heroes. He's even better at leading teams than

Batman, and he's a sort-of legacy to both SUPERMAN and BATMAN. And he's led the Justice League.

Both the main team, and the Task Force. But Didio is clueless. Frankly, I've been wondering for years what qualifies

him to hold his job- I can trace every misstep in DC back to his office, for the past several years.

To be honest, though, having Hal Jordan snap after the past few years wasn't a complete shock-

it was a reasonable response to having been driven beyond reason.

He needed a mandatory leave of absence until he was fit to work again, and instead the Guardians

lashed out to punish him. THAT's when he actually snapped.

I forgot to mention that Sinestro also appeared in the latest "The Batman" cartoon series. Most of the episodes in the second season involved team-ups with Batman and other Justice Leaguers. The one with GL had Sinestro as the villain.

As for Dan Didio, he has admitted that he is really Ambush Bug, the lunatic character from the 80's. Unable to destroy the DC universe from without, he has apparently been undermining it from within for years.

dcnation.jpg

George

He might have popped up in Super-Friends (or sequels)

He was a member of the Legion of Doom!

Oddly enough, Green Lantern's ring energy seemed to be effective against Sinestro's ring.

He also popped up once out of the air, saying GL couldn't find him because he was hiding in the

anti-matter universe of Qward. As if it was that easy to go back and forth.

BTW, there's a GL Corps and a Sinestro Corps now, and Alpha Lanterns, which seem to be

based loosely on Alex Ross' Kingdom Come GL. I wish this Kingdom Come worship would

end. The story was different, but the closer you look at it, the more some glaring deficiences

become obvious. I liked the story before all the hooplah.

"You're a... you're a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother and I don't know why you have wings, but you have very lovely legs and you're a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don't know who my mother was; I'm an orphan and I've never done drugs because I missed the sixties, I was an accountant."

"Guess again."

"Someone has a severe ca-ca mouth, you know that?"

"You are fart factory, cheesy, scab picked, pimple squeezing finger bandage. A week old maggot burger with everything on it and flies on the side."

"He'll crow. He'll fight. He'll fly. And then... he'll die."

George