GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Look, can I give you some advice? You'll never make it down to the harbor. Why don't you all give yourselves up? Either you'll kill somebody, or you'll get killed. Either way - you could start a war!

Remark to this, we must have boat. Even now may be too late. This is your island, I make your responsibility you help us get boat quickly, otherwise there is World War III, and everybody is blaming YOU!

You told them everything they wanted to know, just like Arnold Benedict!

That's Benedict Arnold, not Arnold...

What are you saying, Pete? Are you saying you think your father is a TRAITOR?

Yes I am! I bet I'm the only kid in the fourth grade whose father IS a famous trader.

That's *traitor*. Just stop it, Pete! You're being silly!

I counted them. There are nine of 'em!

Oh, come on, Pete.

Two of them got tommyguns. And they're all talking some foreign language. They could be....

Pete, will you sit down and eat your breakfast, please?...

No, we, we are of course... Norveegans.

Norweigans?

[nods] On a small training exercise for the Nyaato countries...

NATO countries.

NATO countries, of course, yes. Ah, to reach place of power motorboats it is necessary to make borrowings of automobile, for a short time only, sir.

Here's more....

Well, I'm sorry to bother you, Chief Mattocks, but I just had a call from Muriel Everett.

What is it, what's she want?

She was shouting that I should call you, because according to her - well, Muriel said the Russians have landed!

Want to give me that again, Alice?

Muriel said the Russians have landed, whatever that means, Chief. And she said they were attacking her personally!

Remember last time, when she called about that Peeping Tom - you know who that was, don't you? It was that Luther Grilk's horse.

Where did you come from?

From Soviet Navy submarine boat.

A submarine? You're off a submarine?

Last night, captain of submarine boat...is putting submarine boat

too close to land, against orders. He want to look at America.

What for?

He never saw it.

All of a suddenness...submarine boat is

becoming fixed on this place....GIoucester Island.

You went aground! Honey, that's it! Their sub has gone aground! You're looking for a big motorboat

to try to pull the sub off the sandbar?

Da, is it!

Anybody could go aground like that. It happens all the time.

Please to disagree...All are most sinceriously terrified

of what will happen now.

Why? What will happen?

Unless Rozanov is finding power motorboat....will be coming many US of American...air machines...

and the war vessels...Blow up...No more Soviet Navy submarine boat.

But they wouldn't. They couldn't.

They're coming to get you, Barbara!"

"Stop it! You're ignorant!"

"They're coming for you, Barbara!"

"Stop it! You're acting like a child!"

"They're coming for you!"

"Look, there comes one of them now!"

"He'll hear you!"

"Here he comes now! I'm getting out of here!"

"Now get the hell down in the cellar. You can be the boss down there, but I'm boss up here!"

George

"Don't you know what's goin' on out there? This is no Sunday School picnic!"

"Good shot! OK, he's dead; let's go get 'im. That's another one for the fire."

"They're coming to get you, Barbara!"

"Stop it! You're ignorant!"

"They're coming for you, Barbara!"

"Stop it! You're acting like a child!"

"They're coming for you!"

"Look, there comes one of them now!"

"He'll hear you!"

"Here he comes now! I'm getting out of here!"

"Now get the hell down in the cellar. You can be the boss down there, but I'm boss up here!"

George

You got it!

I remember seeing it on TV, late one Saturday night. I was probably about 13. Even the "sanitized" TV edit scared the bejeezus out of me. The final horror (and, of course, I'm sure it was intended) was to see the lone survivor of the night shot by the sheriff, who mistook him for a zombie. The last bit of light in the film snuffed out. :o

George

Why is it, though I profess to be halfways knowledgable of old movies, that every old one lately isnt one I've seen? Probably still stunned by the last oldie I knew but had a brain fart when the quote was popped (The Great Escape).

Anyway, let 'er fly...

...and why is it I cant seem to make a post lately on any forum without winding up editing some silly typo?

Edited by Lifted Up

"We meet at a crossroads in history. No longer will the wrong roads be taken."

"Now back to Gene Krupa's syncopated style."

"I would say he has quite a few problems. His energy seems to go in the wrong places. When I walked in and I saw you two sitting there, I could just tell by the way you were both relating that there was no connection whatsoever. And I felt when I walked in that there was something between us. There was an impulse that we were both following. So that gave me the right to come in and talk to you. Otherwise I never would have felt that I had the right to talk to you or say anything to you. I never would have had the courage to talk to you. And with him I felt there was nothing and I could sense it. When I walked in, I knew I was right. Did you feel that way?"

"June twenty-ninth. I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight. "

"I would say he has quite a few problems. His energy seems to go in the wrong places. When I walked in and I saw you two sitting there, I could just tell by the way you were both relating that there was no connection whatsoever. And I felt when I walked in that there was something between us. There was an impulse that we were both following. So that gave me the right to come in and talk to you. Otherwise I never would have felt that I had the right to talk to you or say anything to you. I never would have had the courage to talk to you. And with him I felt there was nothing and I could sense it. When I walked in, I knew I was right. Did you feel that way?"

"June twenty-ninth. I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight. "

"You're a young girl, you should be at home. You should be dressed up, going out with boys, going to school, you know, that kind of stuff."

"The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people."

"Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man... June 8th. My life has taken another turn again. The days can go on with regularity over and over, one day indistinguishable from the next. A long continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is a change."

"Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me."

"You're a young girl, you should be at home. You should be dressed up, going out with boys, going to school, you know, that kind of stuff."

"The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people."

"Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man... June 8th. My life has taken another turn again. The days can go on with regularity over and over, one day indistinguishable from the next. A long continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is a change."

"Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me."

"Wanna work uptown nights? South Bronx? Harlem?"

"I'll work anytime, anywhere."

"Will you work Jewish holidays?"

"Anytime, anywhere."

"I got some bad ideas in my head."

"You got a .44 magnum?"

"It's an expensive weapon."

"That's all right. I got money."

"It's a real monster. It'll stop a car at a hundred yards. Put a round right through the engine block."

"Wanna work uptown nights? South Bronx? Harlem?"

"I'll work anytime, anywhere."

"Will you work Jewish holidays?"

"Anytime, anywhere."

"I got some bad ideas in my head."

"You got a .44 magnum?"

"It's an expensive weapon."

"That's all right. I got money."

"It's a real monster. It'll stop a car at a hundred yards. Put a round right through the engine block."

"You’re a young girl, you should be at home. You should be dressed up, going out with boys, going to school, you know, that kind of stuff."

"I'll tell you why. I think you're a lonely person. I drive by this place a lot and I see you here. I see a lot of people around you. And I see all these phones and all this stuff on your desk. It means nothing. Then when I came inside and I met you, I saw in your eyes and I saw the way you carried yourself that you're not a happy person. And I think you need something. And if you want to call it a friend, you can call it a friend."

:D

Ok, then... hope it's easy to guess...

"The bourguignon was just a little tough."

"Maybe the way you are eating your jaws are getting tired."

"Speaking of overworked jaws, why don't you treat yours to a sabbatical and fetch me a wine list?"

"This is all they have."

"This? The last time I saw a specimen like this, they had to shoot the horse!"

"How lucky can you get? In one evening a Rockefeller... and a Groucho Marx."

"Oh, they didn't shoot a real horse... just a costume with two waiters in it."

"I shall think of a sharp retort while I am getting your roast chicken."

"It's a wise man who knows when to throw in the towel."

"And it is a moron who gives advice to a horse's arse."

"Are you impugning this lady's integrity?"

"She's impugning my salad."

"Kill him, but mustn't kiss him."

"The bourguignon was just a little tough."

"Maybe the way you are eating your jaws are getting tired."

"Speaking of overworked jaws, why don't you treat yours to a sabbatical and fetch me a wine list?"

"This is all they have."

"This? The last time I saw a specimen like this, they had to shoot the horse!"

"How lucky can you get? In one evening a Rockefeller... and a Groucho Marx."

"Oh, they didn't shoot a real horse... just a costume with two waiters in it."

"I shall think of a sharp retort while I am getting your roast chicken."

"It's a wise man who knows when to throw in the towel."

"And it is a moron who gives advice to a horse's arse."

"Are you impugning this lady's integrity?"

"She's impugning my salad."

"Apparently the mob doesn't find homosexuality to be an acceptable lifestyle... "

"Kill him, but mustn't kiss him."

"I know what you're thinking... and you ought to be ashamed of yourself."

"What are you doing?"

"I am, uh, helping you to stand up!"

"That's funny, I thought I *was* standing up!"

"Maybe you'd like to lie down."

"You're confusing me!"

"I might want to play some golf."

"Boss, it's snowing outside!"

"We'll use red balls."