GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Maybe. One of the reasons I had to do that with "Escape" is that I had been professing to be a knowledgable Steve McQueen fan, having before then gone with "The Blob" on this forum.

In the meantime, is anyone else following? I do this because when I'm up, I like to at least know that someone is trying or thinking about my clues.

I'm following the thread. But I'm clueless about that movie. Most of the time that I'm silent is because I don't know the movie and I'm just waiting for someone else to guess it.

"Uh... hold it there. In quite a hurry."

"Yes. Uh... I didn't intend to sleep so long. I almost had an accident last night, from sleepiness. So I decided to pull over."

"You slept here all night?"

"Yes. As I said, I couldn't keep my eyes open."

"There are plenty of motels in this area. You should've... I mean, just to be safe."

"I didn't intend to sleep all night! I just pulled over. Have I broken any laws?"

"No, ma'am."

"Then I'm free to go?"

"Is anything wrong?"

"Of course not. Am I acting as if there's something wrong?"

"Frankly, yes."

"Please... I'd like to go."

"Well, is there?"

Is there what? I've told you there's nothing wrong, except that I'm in a hurry and you're taking up my time."

"Now, just a moment! Turn off your motor, please. May I see your license?"

"Why?"

"Please."

"I'm in no mood for trouble."

"What?"

"There's an old saying, 'First customer of the day is always the trouble!' But like I say, I'm in no mood for it, so I'm gonna treat you so fair and square that you won't have one human reason to give me..."

"Can I trade my car in and take another?"

"Do anything you've a mind to. Bein' a woman, you will. That yours?"

"Yes, it's just that - there's nothing wrong with it. I just..."

"Sick of the sight of it! Well, why don't you have a look around here and see if there's somethin' that strikes your eyes, and meanwhile I'll have my mechanic give yours the once over. You want some coffee? I was just about..."

"No, thank you. I'm in a hurry. I just want to make a change, and..."

"One thing people never oughtta be when they're buyin' used cars, and that's in a hurry. But like I said, it's too nice a day to argue. I'll uh - shoot your car in the garage here."

"It's the first time the customer ever high-pressured the salesman. I figure roughly... your car plus seven hundred dollars."

"Seven hundred dollars?"

"You always got time to argue money, huh?"

"Heck, Officer, that was the first time I ever saw the customer high-pressure the salesman! Somebody chasin' her?"

"I better have a look at those papers, Charlie."

"She look like the wrong-one to you?"

"Acted like one."

The only funny thing, she paid me seven hundred dollars in cash."

"No! I tell you no! I won't have you bringing some young girl in for supper! By candlelight, I suppose, in the cheap, erotic fashion of young men with cheap, erotic minds!"

"Mother, please...!"

"And then what? After supper? Music? Whispers?"

"Mother, she's just a stranger. She's hungry, and it's raining out!"

" 'Mother, she's just a stranger'! As if men don't desire strangers! As if... ohh, I refuse to speak of disgusting things, because they disgust me! You understand, boy? Go on, go tell her she'll not be appeasing her ugly appetite with MY food... or my son! Or do I have tell her because you don't have the guts! Huh, boy? You have the guts, boy?"

"Shut up! Shut up! "

"They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly...' "

"Uh... hold it there. In quite a hurry."

"Yes. Uh... I didn't intend to sleep so long. I almost had an accident last night, from sleepiness. So I decided to pull over."

"You slept here all night?"

"Yes. As I said, I couldn't keep my eyes open."

"There are plenty of motels in this area. You should've... I mean, just to be safe."

"I didn't intend to sleep all night! I just pulled over. Have I broken any laws?"

"No, ma'am."

"Then I'm free to go?"

"Is anything wrong?"

"Of course not. Am I acting as if there's something wrong?"

"Frankly, yes."

"Please... I'd like to go."

"Well, is there?"

Is there what? I've told you there's nothing wrong, except that I'm in a hurry and you're taking up my time."

"Now, just a moment! Turn off your motor, please. May I see your license?"

"Why?"

"Please."

"I'm in no mood for trouble."

"What?"

"There's an old saying, 'First customer of the day is always the trouble!' But like I say, I'm in no mood for it, so I'm gonna treat you so fair and square that you won't have one human reason to give me..."

"Can I trade my car in and take another?"

"Do anything you've a mind to. Bein' a woman, you will. That yours?"

"Yes, it's just that - there's nothing wrong with it. I just..."

"Sick of the sight of it! Well, why don't you have a look around here and see if there's somethin' that strikes your eyes, and meanwhile I'll have my mechanic give yours the once over. You want some coffee? I was just about..."

"No, thank you. I'm in a hurry. I just want to make a change, and..."

"One thing people never oughtta be when they're buyin' used cars, and that's in a hurry. But like I said, it's too nice a day to argue. I'll uh - shoot your car in the garage here."

"It's the first time the customer ever high-pressured the salesman. I figure roughly... your car plus seven hundred dollars."

"Seven hundred dollars?"

"You always got time to argue money, huh?"

"Heck, Officer, that was the first time I ever saw the customer high-pressure the salesman! Somebody chasin' her?"

"I better have a look at those papers, Charlie."

"She look like the wrong-one to you?"

"Acted like one."

The only funny thing, she paid me seven hundred dollars in cash."

"No! I tell you no! I won't have you bringing some young girl in for supper! By candlelight, I suppose, in the cheap, erotic fashion of young men with cheap, erotic minds!"

"Mother, please...!"

"And then what? After supper? Music? Whispers?"

"Mother, she's just a stranger. She's hungry, and it's raining out!"

" 'Mother, she's just a stranger'! As if men don't desire strangers! As if... ohh, I refuse to speak of disgusting things, because they disgust me! You understand, boy? Go on, go tell her she'll not be appeasing her ugly appetite with MY food... or my son! Or do I have tell her because you don't have the guts! Huh, boy? You have the guts, boy?"

"Shut up! Shut up! "

"She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?"

"Yes. Sometimes just one time can be enough."

"Now mother, I'm going to uh, bring something up..."

"Haha... I am sorry, boy, but you do manage to look ludicrous when you give me orders."

"Please, mother."

"No! I will not hide in the fruit cellar! Ha! You think I'm fruity, huh? I'm staying right here. This is my room and no one will drag me out of it, least of all my big, bold son!"

"They'll come now, mother! He came after the girl, and now someone will come after him. Please mother, it's just for a few days, just for a few days so they won't find you!"

" 'Just for a few days'? In that dark, dank fruit cellar? No! You hid me there once, boy, and you'll not do it again, not ever again; now get out! I told you to get out, boy."

"I'll carry you, mother."

"They know I can't move a finger, and I won't. I'll just sit here and be quiet, just in case they do... suspect me. They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly...' "

NOW, if you regulars can't get it, you aren't trying hard enough....

I'm not the one to say it, but I'm sure you're right.

I've seen it, but it's been so long I just couldnt get my bell rung with the oodles of dialogue WW was graciously giving us. THE scene just overshadowed everything in my mind.

I havent seen the updated version.

Oh, yea.....

:asdf::asdf::asdf:

Funny how I got JAWS because of that scene which recounted a bit of history I know more about than anyone else on GS, unless there is one of us around who had a relative that went down with the Indianapolis.

Edited by Lifted Up

I haven't actually seen the movie, but I'll guess "Psycho."

George

It is "Psycho."

The most easily-recognizable scenes in that movie are the famous shower scene, and the closing scene.

The shower scene has no dialogue. The closing scene, of "Norman Bate's mother", should be

recognizable to anyone who's ever seen it. I even had someone recite the closing lines with me when

I read them aloud.

The first half-hour of the movie showed Janet Leigh's character- why she wanted money, how her boss

handed her money to bring to the bank, and her taking the money and running. All my early quotes

were from those scenes-with her feeling guilty, trading in her car for a new car, and so on, running

until she stayed overnight and picked the Bates Motel to sleep in.

For those wondering, both the original movie and the remake have been on television the past week,

and the scripts are nearly identical. (How much money was stolen was the main change, IMHO.)

All the dialogue was the same, especially the closing scene.

*hands Lifted an aspirin*

"Turn this car around, now!"

"I can't do that. I have orders."

[draws gun and points it at him] Well those orders have changed!"

"Doctor, you're getting yourself into a lot of trouble."

"What is it you guys usually do? Fire a warning shot, right?"

"Look, Jimmy, rule number one, never get involved with a patient. Nurses, that's another story. But patient is no good, it never works out. "

"Go and check all the rooms down there! Go on!"

"Dr. Loomis!"

"You stay with me and shut up!"

George

Interesting guess.

Not close. (Date or content)

"I ought to handcuff you to the wheel, but I have a feeling I'm gonna need you in there. Can I trust you?"

"What have I got to lose, except my job?"

"Damn you..."

"I'm sorry..."

"What have you done..."

"I haven't done anything."

"YOU LET HIM OUT!"

"I didn't let him out. I gave orders for him to be restrained."

"Look, Jimmy, rule number one, never get involved with a patient. Nurses, that's another story. But patient is no good, it never works out. "

"Dr. Loomis!"

George

Time for the obvious clues.

"What's going on out here?"

"Call the police! Tell the sheriff I shot him!"

"Who?"

"Tell him, he's still on the loose!"

"Is this some kind of joke? I've been trick-or-treated to death tonight."

"You don't know what death is!"

"It's time, Michael."

"In order to appease the gods, the Druid priests held fire rituals. Prisoners of war, criminals, the insane, animals... were... burned alive in baskets. By observing the way they died, the Druids believed they could see omens of the future. Two thousand years later, we've come no further. Samhain isn't evil spirits. It isn't goblins, ghosts or witches. It's the unconscious mind. We're all afraid of the dark inside ourselves."

"I ought to handcuff you to the wheel, but I have a feeling I'm gonna need you in there. Can I trust you?"

"What have I got to lose, except my job?"

"Damn you..."

"I'm sorry..."

"What have you done..."

"I haven't done anything."

"YOU LET HIM OUT!"

"I didn't let him out. I gave orders for him to be restrained."

"Dr. Loomis!"

George

Oh gee, I forgot, you're right Lifted, its the second one, they hunt him down after he kills everyone in the hospital...you take it Lifted, you get to post the new clue!!!!! 

If so, I'd rather hear it from George first, because there were quite a number of sequels, of which I watched none fully. Unless you can add an "absolutely sure" to that "you're right". Plus courtesy commands me to wait a little for his word, as long as he didn't just leave on vacation.

I know more about these movies from my son commenting on them than from watching the bits and pieces I've watched.

Edited by Lifted Up